Ultimate Ears UE4Pro or JH Audio JH5Pro
Jun 5, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #16 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by TobaccoRoad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Notice that UE's support was great when they first introduced SF5Pro to gain good reputation. Now that they are a well known brand they can cut back on support which is why I believe Logitech has nothing to do with it. While JH and Phonak has great customer service right now since they recently came up, I would expect them to decline as well once they reach their goal. But I could be wrong, since few established brands still have great service IMO.

Wow, let's hope you are wrong....really cynical view that once they reach their targets, CS ipso facto drops off. I wonder if it's more to do with size: manufacturing & shipping volume, QC etc.

But yes, some companies seem to keep CS consistently high. Shure (CS, if not QC), for one.

Jun 5, 2009 at 5:35 PM Post #17 of 116
Well that statement does not make sense. There will never be a company that cuts cs because they became big or reached "a goal". One of the major goals for a company is to keep the customer happy so they will come back in the future. If you screwed somebody up and got them annoyed (to the point where they will go to another company for product) that is not a good business plan now is it? No major cyclical issues with UE customer support were flagged until after the sale of the company went through. Have you heard about Logitechs reputation in the customer service department? Jeez

Jun 5, 2009 at 10:29 PM Post #18 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well that statement does not make sense. There will never be a company that cuts cs because they became big or reached "a goal". One of the major goals for a company is to keep the customer happy so they will come back in the future. If you screwed somebody up and got them annoyed (to the point where they will go to another company for product) that is not a good business plan now is it? No major cyclical issues with UE customer support were flagged until after the sale of the company went through. Have you heard about Logitechs reputation in the customer service department? Jeez

Blame my college and its business course.

Jun 6, 2009 at 5:02 AM Post #20 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by charlie0904 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
does a dual driver 2 way crossover custom surpass a triple driver 3 way crossover universal?

Yes - Livewires 2-driver custom beats my previous SE530 and Triple.fi 10 pro in accuracy and realism, to my ears anyways. The LW 2-driver custom also beat out my 3-driver Freq Show music maker customs in a shootout summer 2007 as well.

Only the Westone 3 with UM56 tips were able to de-throne my Livewires when it came out, and then the UM3X more recently. From what I heard of the demo version of the UE 4Pro, they would have no problem matching or beating the Livewires, and matching the UM3X as well.

Jun 6, 2009 at 6:02 AM Post #21 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by HeadphoneAddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes - Livewires 2-driver custom beats my previous SE530 and Triple.fi 10 pro in accuracy and realism, to my ears anyways. The LW 2-driver custom also beat out my 3-driver Freq Show music maker customs in a shootout summer 2007 as well.

Only the Westone 3 with UM56 tips were able to de-throne my Livewires when it came out, and then the UM3X more recently. From what I heard of the demo version of the UE 4Pro, they would have no problem matching or beating the Livewires, and matching the UM3X as well.

thanks for the info. i was wondering whether it is wise to get the JH5pro for my 1st custom experience.

Jun 6, 2009 at 6:25 AM Post #22 of 116
charlie you and i are on the same boat actually.. i'm wondering the same thing too.. thats why i'm following this thread pretty closely..

one thing to note though.. i checked the specs sheet on the jh5pro and the impedance level seemed significantly higher than the rest. my question would be would these sound like they're supposed to unamped?

Jun 6, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #23 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Saintkeat /img/forum/go_quote.gif
charlie you and i are on the same boat actually.. i'm wondering the same thing too.. thats why i'm following this thread pretty closely..

one thing to note though.. i checked the specs sheet on the jh5pro and the impedance level seemed significantly higher than the rest. my question would be would these sound like they're supposed to unamped?

only if we could try the demos of each.
icon10.gif
for me, specs don't tell anything. only thing they tell me is whether i need to crank up high vol for listening IMO. i was just hoping they respond well to amping
beyersmile.png

anyway pretty hard to get review from low end customs. everyone is going straight for the top. i am only using 320kbps mp3 so i think an entry level is good enough for me? i am just a casual listener.
bigsmile_face.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 7:17 AM Post #24 of 116
Unfortunately if there was a demo version of the JH 5Pro I didn't know it or listen to it. The 10x3/11/13 were very nice, and I did hear the UE 4 Pro/10/11 universal fit demos and liked them all too. I am sure that each will have it's own area of expertise or performance vs the others, and would like to have a better idea of what each one are all best suited for, and what gear they have the best synergy with, etc.

But for your first customs I think you would be very happy/safe with any of them (except Freq Show). PS: I have links to my Livewire vs Freq review in my public profile "about me" - and when I have done a JH13Pro vs UE11Pro vs EX3X review later, then I will then consider the UE4Pro vs JH5Pro vs Livewires and Freq as well.

Jun 6, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #25 of 116
Quote:

when I have done a JH13Pro vs UE11Pro vs EX3X review later, then I will then consider the UE4Pro vs JH5Pro vs Livewires and Freq as well.

Oooh, interesting! Please, don't mind me; I'll I just sit there in corner and wait to take advantage of your polyphonic insanity.
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #27 of 116
Quote:

wow tats great HPA.... but I think I am going to tough nights while awaiting for your reviews.
floatsmile.png

Er, the way HPA put it, I'd rather say weeks, and more likely months. Don't hold your breath.

Still, I didn't believe there would be anyone able to really compare the three customs I'm most interested in: the EM3X, the UE4Pro and the JH5Pro. So I consider myself lucky.

Jun 6, 2009 at 7:42 AM Post #28 of 116
Quote:

wow tats great HPA.... but I think I am going to tough nights while awaiting for your reviews.
floatsmile.png

Er, the way HPA put it, I bet for tough weeks, and more likely months. Don't hold your breath.
tongue.gif
Still, I didn't believe there'd be anyone able to really compare the three customs I'm most interested in: the ES3X, the UE4Pro and the JH5Pro. So...
biggrin.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 8:43 AM Post #29 of 116
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinocelt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Er, the way HPA put it, I bet for tough weeks, and more likely months. Don't hold your breath.
tongue.gif
Still, I didn't believe there'd be anyone able to really compare the three customs I'm most interested in: the ES3X, the UE4Pro and the JH5Pro. So...
biggrin.gif

My estimate is about 2 more weeks for the UE 11Pro to be done, and sometime in July for me to get the JH 13Pro (they are scanning my impressions now as a safeguard, before they shrink over time with age). Until then, I have done an ES3X review/running commentary, with a link to it in the "about me" tab of my public profile.

I liked having 9666 posts, until I posted this reply
frown.gif

Jun 6, 2009 at 9:02 AM Post #30 of 116
Quote:

My estimate is about 2 more weeks for the UE 11Pro to be done, and sometime in July for me to get the JH 13Pro (they are scanning my impressions now as a safeguard, before they shrink over time with age). Until then, I have done an ES3X review/running commentary, with a link to it in the "about me" tab of my public profile.

I liked having 9666 posts, until I posted this reply
frown.gif

Ah, well... You can work towards 66666 now.

I'll bookmark your ES3X evolving review. This IEM is still the one I'm most interested in, based on what little solid information I've been able to gather.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back