Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
Oct 28, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #317 of 811
IMHO. The UERR is far superior in SQ. I have them both (and full disclosure I'm a UE Dealer) and I do like the 900s (esp when paired with the SoundGuard) but the UERR is a whole different animal. I feel confident that anything I hear in them I'm hearing the way it was intended to sound.

For me that's the perfect Reference Monitor.

Again is just my opinion. Let's see what the thread says :)

KR 

Oct 28, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #318 of 811
  IMHO. The UERR is far superior in SQ. I have them both (and full disclosure I'm a UE Dealer) and I do like the 900s (esp when paired with the SoundGuard) but the UERR is a whole different animal. I feel confident that anything I hear in them I'm hearing the way it was intended to sound.

For me that's the perfect Reference Monitor.

Again is just my opinion. Let's see what the thread says :)

KR 

​my goal is reference sound, and keeping the cost around $1,000 is a bonus also. If the UERR is a leap above the 900S, i do believe i am in for a pleasant experience

Oct 28, 2016 at 4:01 PM Post #319 of 811
I cannot comment on the 900 vs. the UERR, however I could tell you about what differences I perceive between my UERM and UE900/S:

The difference in terms of detail retrieval is not that far apart actually, however the UERM do everything better, and partially not only by just a bit. The UERM are the more neutral in-ears, especially in the mids.
The UERMs' bass is even faster while sub-bass extension is similar (just as much sub-bass as upper bass and midbass). The UERM have got the superior detail retrieval in the mids (the UE900 might sound like listening through really good speakers whereas you could imagine the UERM to sound like if you were standing directly in front of the singer(/s)). The treble also shows some more details but the difference is smaller than in the mids.
Where the UERM are quite a bit better though is soundstage: the UE900/S's soundstage is not bad when it comes to width, but to me it souds quite flat without any real depth at all. Separation is also good but not stellar. The UERMs' stage is wider and deeper. With a good recording, it can even be holographic (but not as great as the UE18 Pro's). The separation is noticeably more precise and sharper - there is good air between and around instruments.
Overall, the UERM sounds pretty realistic and authentic.

It's a logical and worthy upgrade and definitely worth it imho.

In the end, requesting a universal demo of the UERR for a one-week period would be best to see how much you like the UERR.

Oct 28, 2016 at 4:10 PM Post #320 of 811
  I cannot comment on the 900 vs. the UERR, however I could tell you about what differences I perceive between my UERM and UE900/S:

The difference in terms of detail retrieval is not that far apart actually, however the UERM do everything better, and partially not only by just a bit. The UERM are the more neutral in-ears, especially in the mids.
The UERMs' bass is even faster while sub-bass extension is similar (just as much sub-bass as upper bass and midbass). The UERM have got the superior detail retrieval in the mids (the UE900 might sound like listening through really good speakers whereas you could imagine the UERM to sound like if you were standing directly in front of the singer(/s)). The treble also shows some more details but the difference is smaller than in the mids.
Where the UERM are quite a bit better though is soundstage: the UE900/S's soundstage is not bad when it comes to width, but to me it souds quite flat without any real depth at all. Separation is also good but not stellar. The UERMs' stage is wider and deeper. With a good recording, it can even be holographic (but not as great as the UE18 Pro's). The separation is noticeably more precise and sharper - there is good air between and around instruments.

In the end, requesting a universal demo of the UERR for a one-week period would be best to see how much you like the UERR.

​thanks for your impressions and the advice. perhaps i will ask for a demo

Oct 30, 2016 at 3:04 PM Post #321 of 811

I asked for a demo and was told they don't do uni loaners for the UERR, so what's the deal?

Oct 30, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #322 of 811

I asked for a demo and was told they don't do uni loaners for the UERR, so what's the deal?

I'm quite surprised that you were told that they don't send out demo units to try. Did you ask directly at Ultimate Ears? If so, it could be possible that only their distributors send out demos, so hitting up your nearest UE distributor would be the next logical step to do.

Oct 30, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #323 of 811
Hey @beedee

Where you are located? UE can find you a local dealer who will do a demo with you,  if there is one close by
Alternatively you can use the link to find a dealer near you.
http://pro.ultimateears.com/find-ue-near-you

Let me know how it goes. you can PM me anytime for more help. 

KR

Oct 30, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #324 of 811

I'm quite surprised that you were told that they don't send out demo units to try. Did you ask directly at Ultimate Ears? If so, it could be possible that only their distributors send out demos, so hitting up your nearest UE distributor would be the next logical step to do.

Yes, I contacted UE directly.  A UE representative told me they didn't have any UERR universal loaners.

Oct 30, 2016 at 3:16 PM Post #325 of 811
Nov 3, 2016 at 4:08 PM Post #326 of 811
Would like to mention that my UERR review is up: http://www.head-fi.org/products/ultimate-ears-reference-remastered/reviews/17214

Nov 4, 2016 at 10:42 PM Post #327 of 811
Black Friday is coming.

Any special deal? 20%? I don't want free gift.. c'mon UE.

Nov 5, 2016 at 1:12 AM Post #329 of 811
Nov 5, 2016 at 7:30 AM Post #330 of 811
  Black Friday is coming.

Any special deal? 20%? I don't want free gift.. c'mon UE.

While you are waiting for BFS, why don't you check out my review above and the link in there with a chance to win a free UERR?  Open to worldwide participants
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back