Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
Oct 9, 2016 at 11:33 AM Post #301 of 811
  Hey everyone. 

I totally hear you about the MassDrop. Let's keep our finger's crossed and just maybe one day! :)

In the meantime, I'm really excited about this. CNet just ran a great review of the UERR.. Here's my favorite quote:

The Remastered let me hear not only the music, but hear the music played in the room it was recorded in. I kept having "oh, wow" moments as I moved through my collection of well-recorded high-res music. I noted the same sort of differences with the first Crosby, Stills and Nash album in high-resolution 96 kHz/ 24-bit PCM files, the original Reference Monitor served up oodles of detail, but the Reference Remastered took the sound to the next level.
https://www.cnet.com/news/for-your-ears-only-ultimate-ears-reference-remastered-headphones/

UE and Massdrop made it happen before, I have high hopes that they can do it again.

Oct 13, 2016 at 7:55 PM Post #303 of 811
i called  ulltimate ears ...told them i'm seeking a well balanced, detailed, resolving
iem with great bass slam (rock, blues, but overall versatile)...the guy on the phone
suggested the 11 pro....any thoughts?

i have read good things on the UERR, however....but does it have still great bottom end, too?

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:22 PM Post #305 of 811
Hey Canali!
I'm still in process to come up with a review, but, this is by far most resolving iem there. All of the BA's/Dynamics have their own signature, this one doesn't. It's just opening up the record as an instrument. I wouldn't tell it lacks in musicality, but definitely this iem would be understood by a) professional b) music listener who is tired of having too much bass/treble/middle. Because this iem isn't giving you great mids/bass/treble. It has them all. Honestly I would call this a gem after many years of search this is some thing that I love truly to keep.

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:26 PM Post #306 of 811
thanks, daijobudes...and what of the pro11?
much more coloured?
http://pro.ultimateears.com/ue-11-pro

i do want a balanced iem but not 'boringly flat' either...still musical, detailed
resolving and yet with fab bottom end/bass slam when warranted...but yet also not overly warm or too bass coloured.... but darn I do love picking out a bass guitar's melody when i can

so wish i could hear them both...

would love to hear from parties who've listened to/had both on the diffs.

Oct 13, 2016 at 8:34 PM Post #307 of 811
  i called  ulltimate ears ...told them i'm seeking a well balanced, detailed, resolving
iem with great bass slam (rock, blues, but overall versatile)...the guy on the phone
suggested the 11 pro....any thoughts?

i have read good things on the UERR, however....but does it have still great bottom end, too?

The UERR has satisfactory bottom end, but if you want one that has very good bass slam with regards to the options in the UE lineup, the UE 11 Pro would currently be the one to choose.  If you are looking for more of a balanced/reference sound with satisfactory bass, then the UERR would currently be the one to choose.

Oct 24, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #311 of 811
Hey All, 

UE got some super love from Glenn Lorbecki

Incase you are unaware of Glenn's history. 

Since 1995 Glenn Sound has recorded or produced projects with Tori Amos, Third Eye Blind, the White Stripes, Garbage, Everclear, Dave Matthews, Bad Religion, Green Day, Blue Man Group, Moby, Weezer, Nine Days, Franz Ferdinand, P.J. Harvey, the GooGoo Dolls, the Foo Fighters, the Ya Ya Yas, Social Distortion, Nickelback, Oasis, Queens Of The Stone Age, the Violent Femmes, the list goes on. He is also a member of ASCAP, AES, AFM, and an AFTRA/SAG signator.

Without hyperbole, I would say that using UE in-ears has changed my workflow in a very positive way. My lifestyle is such that I am on the road almost every week, and my clients don’t want to hear about how I couldn’t get a mix done, or how I couldn’t comp vocal takes because I was sitting on an airplane. After doing many tests with headphones and other in-ear monitors, I have a high trust factor in using my UE in-ears because I know that my mixes are going to sound as good on other playback systems as they do in my head. This really revolutionizes the way I work, because it doesn’t matter if I’m in the studio, on a plane, in a hotel room, or on the beach. From editing to mixing and even mastering, I am confident that what I hear is ultimately what you will hear.

Oct 25, 2016 at 5:40 AM Post #312 of 811
Finally got my UERR back from refit. My initial ear impressions were done with the 3D scanner and the resulting fit was a little loose though I have no idea what exactly was the cause, so it was sent back for a refit but this time a physical silicone ear impression was made and sent back to UE. Now it's very tight almost a little too tight but I'll have to just deal with it cause I can't be bothered to send it back again...

Oct 25, 2016 at 8:27 AM Post #313 of 811
i've asked this on the andromeda forum so will ask here, too:
how does the UERR sound sig differ from the andromeda?
....i've heard that the UERR, despite being 'neutrallly' tuned, is in fact far from being
boring (that is/was my fear: neutral being 'meh-ish' in sound)...in fact it's quite musical.
just wondering how the sound sig, and bass capabilities, differ in both iems.
thanks.

Oct 25, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #314 of 811
Can't speak for the Andromeda but the UERR has clarity by the boatloads, minute details are easily apparent. It does not flatter bad recordings or mixes. The bass is a good amount for a neutral balanced earphone but I still yearn for a little more, obviously this is really subjective. The texture is also very nice, it's lively enough from the mids all the way through the highest highs but never gets too fatiguing.

Oct 25, 2016 at 9:58 AM Post #315 of 811
  Can't speak for the Andromeda but the UERR has clarity by the boatloads, minute details are easily apparent. It does not flatter bad recordings or mixes. The bass is a good amount for a neutral balanced earphone but I still yearn for a little more, obviously this is really subjective. The texture is also very nice, it's lively enough from the mids all the way through the highest highs but never gets too fatiguing.

thanks...
I consider myself a basshead 'lite' ...love my bass, fab bottom end etc (pulling out those bass guitars chords)
feel the UERR might be a tad light on the bass...but on the other hand the pro 11 might be a bit much.
it's all so subjective on our own listening tastes, inevitably.
just wish there was a place near me or some trade show around wherein i could demo them but that is a no go.
drats.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back