Ultimate Ears UE Pro Reference Remastered! (UERR)
Nov 6, 2016 at 10:06 AM Post #331 of 811
Hello everyone, ^_^

I bought UERR in Aug and i am using it with UE 2.5mm balance cable and DP-X1
I am thinking of buying a new dap as I want the sound to be more accurate and a bigger soundstage. (i am satisfied with the rest of DP-X1 performance)
would u suggest me buying a new dap or just change the cable?
Though there will not be so much choices of cable for me to choose as the thickness of UE cable is the limit for my ears, my ears cant hold other cables properly>_<"
my budget is USD 1160 ( FYI, with this I can buy a second-hand AK320(USD 1095) or a brand new cowon p1(USD 1100) in my place)
It will be great if the size of the dap is similar to DP-X1 and I dont want to use an amp.
Thanks in advance ! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 6, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #332 of 811
  Hello everyone, ^_^

I am thinking of buying a new dap as I want the sound to be more accurate and a bigger soundstage. (i am satisfied with the rest of DP-X1 performance)
Though there will not be so much choices of cable for me to choose as the thickness of UE cable is the limit for my ears, my ears cant hold other cables properly>_<"
my budget is USD 1160 ( FYI, with this I can buy a second-hand AK320(USD 1095) or a brand new cowon p1(USD 1100) in my place)
It will be great if the size of the dap is similar to DP-X1 and I dont want to use an amp.
Thanks in advance ! 
smily_headphones1.gif

Opus#1 dap.  I don't have DP-X1, though have tested/have majority of other daps.  A number of people whose opinion I trust mentioned to me that Opus#1 sounds better than DP-X1.  You are not going to have access to Android and streaming (only a few daps support that), but the sound quality should improve, you still have 3.5mm and 2.5mm bal, touch screen interface, dual microSd, optical out, full touch screen, etc.  Right now Amazon has it HERE for $499 including Dignis leather case.  Soundstage will be wide, I tested UERR with it.  AK daps balanced output doesn't have that wide soundstage, and Plenue usually on a warmer/musical side rather than more revealing, though JetEffects rock.  Also, Opus#1 has a powerful output.

Nov 7, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #333 of 811
I Have Found The Perfect Source for UERR - it's Centrance Dacport HD! Use High gain, get yourself a good reference level cable (something with Silver and a little bit of Gold is Purrrfect) And HEAR the difference! Cheers (i'm very excited)

Nov 10, 2016 at 8:08 AM Post #335 of 811
Hello everyone, ^_^

Thanks in advance ! :)

Try it with Questyle QP1R. Best!!!

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:17 AM Post #336 of 811

Really like your review. About time there was one! Can't believe how this ciem hasn't attracted as much attention as some of the other big hitters, when it has some of the highest approval rates that I know. Does it prove that a lower cost, 3 driver ciem with fewer 'fancy-pancy' customization options isn't as popular, even though the sound is phenomenal?

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:24 AM Post #337 of 811
Really like your review. About time there was one! Can't believe how this ciem hasn't attracted as much attention as some of the other big hitters, when it has some of the highest approval rates that I know. Does it prove that a lower cost, 3 driver ciem with fewer 'fancy-pancy' customization options isn't as popular, even though the sound is phenomenal?

​Whatever it proves or disproves, the value far surpasses my expectation. That and the support that goes along with the entire process from purchase to refit (if necessary) and any future service is more proof than I will ever require.

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #338 of 811

In my opinion, many have wrongful assumption about UERR.  People read "reference" and "Capital Studios" and they assume it will be a boring flat studio monitor for sound engineering and mixing, like what you get with ATH-M70x (not enjoyable for listening).  But in reality these are fantastic all around CIEMs, as long as you are not craving more bass slam (which I believe the job of UE Pro 18, currently on MassDrop for the same price as UERR).  Another problem, or used to be a problem, CIEM fit which many don't want to commit to.  But, Ultimate Ears is starting to roll out universal version of UERR soon and hopefully that will open more doors for people to check them out.

Nov 11, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #339 of 811
Nov 11, 2016 at 12:23 PM Post #340 of 811
Always really liked my UERR, from start to finish:

No need to say any more (unless asked).
normal_smile .gif

Love the faceplate color/finish, Maurice!  Very captivating and unique, while being rather simple at the same time.  Yeah, it's one of those "picture worth a thousand words" type of post
wink.gif

Nov 11, 2016 at 12:32 PM Post #341 of 811
Love the faceplate color/finish, Maurice!  Very captivating and unique, while being rather simple at the same time.  Yeah, it's one of those "picture worth a thousand words" type of post :wink:

Thank you sir!

Maybe I'll post a review, but as a slightly different take on most traditional reviews.

See you in NYC :wink:

Nov 11, 2016 at 1:06 PM Post #343 of 811
  Does anyone know if they are making a universal version and if it will be out soon? I thought I read somewhere they were currently in production.

They are... soon!  Once I hear more, will update it here.

Nov 12, 2016 at 12:55 AM Post #344 of 811

Opus#1 dap.  I don't have DP-X1, though have tested/have majority of other daps.  A number of people whose opinion I trust mentioned to me that Opus#1 sounds better than DP-X1.  You are not going to have access to Android and streaming (only a few daps support that), but the sound quality should improve, you still have 3.5mm and 2.5mm bal, touch screen interface, dual microSd, optical out, full touch screen, etc.  Right now Amazon has it HERE for $499 including Dignis leather case.  Soundstage will be wide, I tested UERR with it.  AK daps balanced output doesn't have that wide soundstage, and Plenue usually on a warmer/musical side rather than more revealing, though JetEffects rock.  Also, Opus#1 has a powerful output.

Thank you for the suggestion, it's great that Opus isnt Android, as i dont use online function or moov etc. But i once read a review saying that Opus is between neutral<->warm, and i want more a monitoring sound. Anyway, i will go and try opus for sure ~  ^_^

Try it with Questyle QP1R. Best!!!

Thank you for the suggestion, I have actually tried QP-1R in a head fi show before it release. I do not have a good experience with it, as the control was so bad. I hope they had improved the control of QP-1r. hope 1R wont disappoint me this time.  

Nov 12, 2016 at 1:15 AM Post #345 of 811
My UERM (slightly different, I know) sounds superb with my Astell & Kern 120ll.  Somewhat warm, totally black sound floor, great bass, mids and trebles, nice soundstage, plenty of detail and no shrillness at the upper end.   And a GUI and physical controls to die for.  I've used a variety of DAPs and none come close to the ease of use of the AK.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back