Ultimate Ears UE PRO 18+ Discussions and Impressions
Apr 11, 2018 at 2:09 PM Post #197 of 462
The short answer is no, personally I recommend looking into the UE Live and UE 6 Pro :)

Haha!

Well - I assume my UE11Pro is in its way to Dubai already (fingers crossed) but I probably would have gone with the UE6Pro had I know they exist 2 weeks ago. LOL

Apr 11, 2018 at 3:56 PM Post #200 of 462
Congrats on the new products Vincent! I look forward to demoing the UE LIVE one day. The lack of 2-pin connectors will be a barrier.

Thank you!

We made the decision to move away from the 2-pin more than a year ago and decided to partner with Estron to develop something more reliable. The failure rate on standard 2-pin type connectors are just too high and we had to do something about it.

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 4:11 PM Post #201 of 462
Thank you!

We made the decision to move away from the 2-pin more than a year ago and decided to partner with Estron to develop something more reliable. The failure rate on standard 2-pin type connectors are just too high and we had to do something about it.

I understand. Tech has to move forward and bold decisions have to be made. I think I remember you with UE back in mid-2000-'s when I purchased my UE10. I'm still enjoying this classic as I recently re-shelled them after damaging them new 2 months in and just got around to re-shelling last year.

Thanks for the info, I was able to come up with this link for more info:

https://audio-head.com/ultimate-ears-goes-hybrid-new-flagship-new-cable-system/

Anyways, UE LIVE is likely in my future regardless. Looks too solid to pass up. Cheers...

Last edited:
Apr 11, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #202 of 462
I understand. Tech has to move forward and bold decisions have to be made. I think I remember you with UE back in mid-2000-'s when I purchased my UE10. I'm still enjoying this classic as I recently re-shelled them after damaging them new 2 months in and just got around to re-shelling last year.

Thanks for the info, I was able to come up with this link for more info:

https://audio-head.com/ultimate-ears-goes-hybrid-new-flagship-new-cable-system/

I have a heavy investment in TOTL cables, but have hope to make IPX work.

http://theheadphonelist.com/pw-audios-1960-cables/
http://theheadphonelist.com/the-silverfi-iem-r5/
http://theheadphonelist.com/the-silverfi-iem-r4-cable-royalty/

I have 3/4 cables linked above, so hope you see my dilemma in cable connector compatibility.

Anyways, UE LIVE is likely in my future regardless. Looks too solid to pass up. Cheers...

Also keep in mind that the UE SuperBax cable is not a cheap cable. Estron market the previous generation of the able under their Linum brand, it retailed over $200.

Thank you for your support as always!

Apr 11, 2018 at 9:38 PM Post #205 of 462
they not yet selling 2.5mm IPX cable :triportsad:

Apr 12, 2018 at 3:30 AM Post #206 of 462
Hello Vincent, I have a few questions if you don't mind :)

1) is there a 3D ear scan option during Musikmesse in Frankfurt now?
2) how different is the new UE IPX connector from original Linum T2 connector? . Are they compatible?
3) Is there on horizon updated 2018 version of Reference Remastered?
4) if not - is it possible to send the original RR back for the reshell and connector/cable upgrade?
5) UE Live - what is the sound signature like?

Thanksss

Apr 12, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #207 of 462
Hello Vincent, I have a few questions if you don't mind :)

1) is there a 3D ear scan option during Musikmesse in Frankfurt now?
2) how different is the new UE IPX connector from original Linum T2 connector? . Are they compatible?
3) Is there on horizon updated 2018 version of Reference Remastered?
4) if not - is it possible to send the original RR back for the reshell and connector/cable upgrade?
5) UE Live - what is the sound signature like?

Thanksss

Hi John,

1) I am not sure about the eFit system, but we do have a desktop scanner from 3Shape that can scan your impression or existing earbuds
2) While it is completely new tooling from the first T2 connector with reworked tolerances and internals, you can plug in any old Linum cables into our IPX socket
3) I can't comment on product roadmap, company policy, sorry
4) We do not offer any type of reshell service, fit adjustment or repair we can do. Please reach out to our customer service team or Fischer Amp if you are at the show, we do have cable / connector upgrade program
5) UE Live - it is hard to describe, it is more open and "Live" than anything we have ever done. We have demo sets at Musikmesse.

Cheers!

Apr 12, 2018 at 12:58 PM Post #208 of 462
Hi John,

1) I am not sure about the eFit system, but we do have a desktop scanner from 3Shape that can scan your impression or existing earbuds
2) While it is completely new tooling from the first T2 connector with reworked tolerances and internals, you can plug in any old Linum cables into our IPX socket
3) I can't comment on product roadmap, company policy, sorry
4) We do not offer any type of reshell service, fit adjustment or repair we can do. Please reach out to our customer service team or Fischer Amp if you are at the show, we do have cable / connector upgrade program
5) UE Live - it is hard to describe, it is more open and "Live" than anything we have ever done. We have demo sets at Musikmesse.

Cheers!
Thank you very much!

Apr 12, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #209 of 462
My new UE18+PRO with the TT drivers, Superbax and IPX connector is just in!
Sorry for the bad quality pics

1.jpg

2.jpg
3.jpg

Apr 12, 2018 at 3:02 PM Post #210 of 462
My new UE18+PRO with the TT drivers, Superbax and IPX connector is just in!
Sorry for the bad quality pics

Looks really cool!

BTW, we didn't call out this feature... the cinch/slider is lockable, which is a feature people asked for while we were working on the design of the cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back