Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Nov 5, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #2,388 of 4,383
are you sure you don't have two so you can have one in each ear? They're mostly sold in pairs :wink:

Haha, in that sense I have 4, 1 pair for the gym and 1 pair for other occasion.

Nov 5, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #2,389 of 4,383
Shure cable is also 3x as expensive as the UE cable. But it's not really an argument that it should break.

Ya, I swap cables between SE and UE, so far SE cable works without any problem, :) Maybe I should workout less.

Nov 5, 2013 at 8:41 PM Post #2,391 of 4,383
  Or Meelec S6 for workout?

Wow, I never knew Meelec S6, looks very nice and cheap ! not sure how the sound signature is but I will give an audition.
Thanks for the info !

Nov 6, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #2,394 of 4,383
Yeah I never understood why people bring top tier iems to the gym. The most expensive pair I ever brought was the SE215 LE. I'd recommend a cheap pair like the delta's or S6

It's relative but I don't think UE900 is the top tier IEM compare to other $1k+ iems. I agree with you that I should not use this at the gym but anything below UE900 is muddy IMO so that is my minimum requirement :)

But thanks for the tip, :)

Nov 6, 2013 at 9:16 AM Post #2,396 of 4,383

Yeah I never understood why people bring top tier iems to the gym. The most expensive pair I ever brought was the SE215 LE. I'd recommend a cheap pair like the delta's or S6

It's relative but I don't think UE900 is the top tier IEM compare to other $1k+ iems. I agree with you that I should not use this at the gym but anything below UE900 is muddy IMO so that is my minimum requirement
smily_headphones1.gif

But thanks for the tip,
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, technically the UE900 isn't top tier with the ultra top tier releases recently, but still - it's rather expensive. I wouldn't bust out my $600 DSLR in the rain when I could use my $100 point and shoot instead. It's just not a good idea. I'm not too sure which IEMS have great clarity and work well at the gym, but I think you can find something with good clarity and decent durability for not too much if you want. Glad you understand :)

Nov 6, 2013 at 1:24 PM Post #2,397 of 4,383
Hi, im new user of ue 900. It sound good but i have some issues with them. First i have small ears and the earphones isnt very comfortable for me, im thinking to cut off memory wire, any of you guys try it with ue 900 cable?Im using ue900 with my galaxy s3 + poweramp and blue cable works for pause/play/next track, volume didnt control, but when i try to use ue900 with my laptop + xonar u7(foobar2000), something wrong with it and it sounds **** and very low volume, but with black cable it sound good with pc, but the thing blue wire works great with other laptops/tablets i tried so its very weird, becouse it doesnt work only with my xonar... some myster or what?

Nov 6, 2013 at 3:33 PM Post #2,398 of 4,383

It's relative but I don't think UE900 is the top tier IEM compare to other $1k+ iems. I agree with you that I should not use this at the gym but anything below UE900 is muddy IMO so that is my minimum requirement :)

But thanks for the tip, :)
There are many phones far cheaper than the UE900s that aren't muddy and much better built

Users who are viewing this thread

Back