Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Aug 27, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #2,192 of 4,383
No mods or adapters, using the stock single flange tips with either cable. The black is a bit more detailed but I like the convenience of the black.

Aug 27, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #2,193 of 4,383
Ok, I found that too bassy and veiled to my liking. But being able to partially or totally block the pinhole and using the adapter really makes the UE900 a very versatile iem. But since I got them I've come to more and more like the fullness and the bass from them so who knows, maybe I'll try to unblock the holes sometime.

Aug 27, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #2,194 of 4,383
This may have been mentioned before but just a warning for those using an old android (personally a galaxy s (no I don't use it as my phone anymore)) as a source that the iphone cable completely sucked out the mids and bass leaving a really hollow sound. Pressing the middle button creates an instant comparison to what it should be. 

It was all a bit of a shock after picking these up at lunch. Now onto the black cable and have my mids back and am enjoying the listening session. It is a nice change from my pair of se425's and will be comparing the two for the one spot in my collection. Fun days ahead :)

Aug 28, 2013 at 12:37 AM Post #2,195 of 4,383
I use mine with a Nokia 920, the blue cable is fine sound wise but the MIC and volume buttons do not work.

Aug 28, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #2,196 of 4,383
Because everybody wants to do Apple accessories... Too bad. Someone should make a small device that takes input from Apple compatible headphones and outputs for example Samsung, Sony or HTC. I don't think that the Android based phones are as picky about the mic buttons and that they should work more across the different brands. Anyway, that's an idea for someone. And by the way, that thing about the mids being sucked out and that pressing the button restored them, it's about you having a phone wired to the old non-apple standard. Now almost all phones use the same wiring, only using different signals from their buttons.

Aug 28, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #2,197 of 4,383
Quote:
Because everybody wants to do Apple accessories... Too bad. Someone should make a small device that takes input from Apple compatible headphones and outputs for example Samsung, Sony or HTC. I don't think that the Android based phones are as picky about the mic buttons and that they should work more across the different brands. Anyway, that's an idea for someone. And by the way, that thing about the mids being sucked out and that pressing the button restored them, it's about you having a phone wired to the old non-apple standard. Now almost all phones use the same wiring, only using different signals from their buttons.

They do...  It's mroe or less just a wiring issue...  MEElectronics makes an adapter.  Most Samsungs are compatible with Apple nowadays, there are a select few that aren't though. 

Aug 28, 2013 at 6:05 PM Post #2,199 of 4,383
Quote:
Do you have a link to the adapter by any chance?? Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

It would be this one: http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronic_TRRS_Adapter_for_P_Version_Headphones_p/adptr-trrs-35.htm

I haven't search Amazon, but you can look for it. 

Aug 28, 2013 at 7:41 PM Post #2,200 of 4,383
Aug 29, 2013 at 1:21 AM Post #2,201 of 4,383
Aug 29, 2013 at 2:22 AM Post #2,203 of 4,383
I understand what you are saying, it is only something you encounter on old hardware anyway... just bought it up in case anyone had issues

:) that's why it's a business idea to make an adapter. I THINK it would have to be an active kind of thing. So larger and more expensive but if it's sonically neutral, well worth it for us "not-using-that-damn-iphone-anymore-because-micro-usb-is-far-better-because-I-can-easily-get-the-sound-out-through-usb-to-my-dac"-people. When we're not using the DAC of course.

Aug 29, 2013 at 3:54 AM Post #2,204 of 4,383
I didn't notice much of a SQ change trying the adapter. What is the improvement supposed to be so I can listen out for it.?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back