Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Dec 18, 2012 at 8:47 PM Post #1,216 of 4,383
Just got my UE900s today.  Listening right now to some high res FLACs.  If it's true that these will improve with run-in, then I have something stellar to look forward to!  They already sound really nice!

Pretty comfortable too.  I fiddled around with different size tips, I ended up using the middle size.

It's not exactly run-in, more of the physical blockage of the mini-bore of the IEM with earwax and stuff. For tips I recommend using the T-500 Complys (same ones for TF10).

Dec 18, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #1,217 of 4,383
Thanks for the advice, but I can't use complies, then never feel comfortable to me for some reason...

Dec 18, 2012 at 10:54 PM Post #1,218 of 4,383
One more thing to consider is the old 'take the stem out of the comply tips and put the memory foam into the traditional UE tip'
Provides the seal of the complys with the durability of the silicone.  I think there are numerous references to how its been done with Triple.fi tips.

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:40 PM Post #1,219 of 4,383
The first thing I did was dress the connections with a bit of Deoxit. I'm only using the black cable.  So far I haven't had any connection issues.

Dec 18, 2012 at 11:46 PM Post #1,220 of 4,383
Quote:
The first thing I did was dress the connections with a bit of Deoxit. I'm only using the black cable.  So far I haven't had any connection issues.

You shouldn't have had any, UE began fixing the problem as soon as they were aware of it :p  

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:22 AM Post #1,224 of 4,383
So far, I am LOVING the sound of these!

The PRAT is amazing!  
etysmile.gif

Dec 19, 2012 at 12:48 AM Post #1,226 of 4,383
Quote:
Yes... Makes me toe-tapping all the time

The immediacy of the percussion, and the space and air around all the instruments, really superb!  

Right now I am feeling really good about every penny of this purchase!

I'm still pissed off at Logitech for killing off the Squeezebox, and I sincerely hope they don't ruin UE like they did SlimDevices, but they did really well on these babies!

Dec 19, 2012 at 2:48 AM Post #1,228 of 4,383
Just listening to "Big Bug Shuffle" by Douglas, Barenberg, & Meyer.  This is an awesome song for checking out how well your system is reproducing music.

The sound of the room was easily apparent, there was a solid, focused soundstage, and plenty of air and space around each instrument.

I could hear the "wooden" quality of these acoustic instruments.  This was especially apparent with respect to the upright bass, but also with respect to the acoustic guitar.

The percussive attack of the plucked strings was so life like that I almost got chills.  The dynamic range of these cans is pretty spiffy.  The PRAT that these cans display continues to amaze me!

It is becoming more and more apparent to me that these are truly special IEMs.

Dec 19, 2012 at 5:06 PM Post #1,229 of 4,383
So i picked these up and compared them to my Heir Audio 4A. For metal these are significantly better. The vocals and guitars are are way more pronounced and the soundstage is wider. I also don't get the annoying sibilance I was getting with the 4's on poorly recorded records. I did EQ the lower side down, to about a similar area as blocking the pinhole would, as I haven't had them long enough for that to happen naturally. But yeah absolutely the best IEM's i've ever heard. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back