Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Dec 12, 2012 at 6:09 AM Post #1,186 of 4,383
Thanks, but I guess my idea is to have all the information together so people don't have to go back and forth between the posts.  It is giving me a headache just trying to remember what is what...

Dec 12, 2012 at 6:42 AM Post #1,187 of 4,383
Numbers are difficult to remember, texts are not.

I think it's best to read reviews and impressions. If you've found an author which you think you can understand, his impressions should matter to you. No other comparisons should have any validity.

Dec 12, 2012 at 10:44 AM Post #1,188 of 4,383
Good to know, but I think it is time to compile all the comparisons together into one table.  Anyone up for the challenge?  I think the list should include at least the following IEMs:

UE900
W3, W4/4R
SE535
FA-3E
PFE232
Heir 4.Ai

I don't think it needs to be too complated, just some overall options on how the IEMs compare to the UE900 will do.

I did a comparison with the PFE, 4.Ai, and W4. Link is in the OP. I'm mobile right now.

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:20 AM Post #1,189 of 4,383
I actually don't want to comment because I think the SE535 is very over-hyped. I didn't like it at all.
However, I have mentioned the German Fischer Amps FA-3E quite a few times and everybody who has heard both, FA and Shure, agrees that the FA-3E is a much better SE535 (regarding technicality and tuning).

I did a close comparison of FA-3E with the UE900 (as did others) in a German forum and the UE900 still won.

I wanted to read that in English.. Google translate didnt help much

Dec 12, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #1,190 of 4,383
Quote:

They can help keep your IEM in place.  That's about it though :p  There might be some other uses.  I know Aurisonics suggests using them to stablize the IEM in your ear and allow a more comfortable fit (helps a bit for smaller ears since the Aurisonics housing is large). 

Nice, can't wait to see impressions :p

I don't know if there is anyone who's heard both yet.  If there is, I'm sure they'll tune in soon :)

How do you wrap your U.E 900, I want to take care of them to my best ability. The small box that comes with it, do you put it in there? Could you show me a pic of how you wrap and put your U.E 900 away?

Dec 12, 2012 at 12:22 PM Post #1,192 of 4,383
Quote:

I have compared all of the above except for the W3 (which's tonality is regarded as total crap so I never even considered it) and I have shared my impressions here and there, but mostly in a German forum.
W4 and PFE kinda jump out of the pool as "special". One being very soft and relaxing, the other being an aggressive V-shape.

The rest is relatively comparable. My conclusion is that subjectivity will determine anyone's favorite. At this level I think the performance is very good with each and personal preference will decide. I don't see the use of a comparison table.
Maybe my hearing is also not as good as I think.

I own the W4,W3 and use to own the GR10. I think the best of the three for rock, metal, and electronic is the Westone 3. Not because it´s the best sounding of the three, It´s because it´s the most "fun" earphone. You should try them sometime.

Dec 12, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #1,194 of 4,383
Hi all. This is a bit upsetting and I dont know what you guys can advise:

I got my UE 900 a month ago and after a while the part where wire connects with the left driver became stiff and I experienced a bit sound loss. I didn't think it was a big deal and just thought it was a part of the design flaw of the rotating wire and connector. So I gave it a couple spins and then it's all back to normal. Weird.

But recently the wire became harder and harder to spin and now it's completely jammed--meaning I cannot rotate the left side at all, it's just stuck in place--whereas the right side I can keep spinning like normal no problem.

So I tried to remove the wire on the left side to the connector... and I didn't really give it that much force but the casing came apart:mad:. Thankful it was just the casing I could put it back. I hope I didn't do any permanent damage? I think I have to find something to glue the casing tight again

Anyhow does anyone have any advice on how to remove the wire on the left side connected to the headphone? I might find a shop and have someone do it if I cant get it on my own

Dec 12, 2012 at 4:10 PM Post #1,198 of 4,383
hey im new here but i been looking for a while. i also have the ue 900 and 2 days before thanksgiving my housing on my ue 900 also came apart when i was removing the comply foam tip, which was giving me a hard time to remove. i called logitech and the y replaced it so you should be coverd under warrenty but i do wonder if this will be a common problem with the ue 900. i also had them for about a month before they fell apart.

Dec 12, 2012 at 4:12 PM Post #1,199 of 4,383
Exact same thing happened to my TF10s. Tried to remove the eartips and the driver housing separated from the cable section. I wouldn't recommend glue since it isn't reliable. I'd look into warranty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back