Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Dec 5, 2012 at 7:20 PM Post #1,144 of 4,383
Quote:
Just got mine yesterday. Looks better real-life than in pictures. Any tips for what album demonstrates its qualities best, also any recommendation for 3rd party tips. Thanks

Don't understand the second question.  I'm still using stock tips.  Let them break in though :wink:

Dec 5, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #1,146 of 4,383
For third party, most large nozzle tips will work.  Sony Hybrids, MEE silicone, etc.  As for music that brings out the best in these, that's a good question.  It is true that these will fare slightly better with more modern recordings.  I like these quite a bit for pop (with a female vocalist).

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:22 AM Post #1,148 of 4,383
Quote:
And I JUST bought my UE900 and now I hear of the FA-3E. Oh well... Guess it's time for another early Christmas present? :p

I prefer the UE900. I was searching for an excuse to also buy the FA-3E but couldn't find anything reasonable enough. Maybe the FA-3E XB will make me throw out some cash, though.

Dec 6, 2012 at 6:34 AM Post #1,150 of 4,383
Quote:
I prefer the UE900. I was searching for an excuse to also buy the FA-3E but couldn't find anything reasonable enough. Maybe the FA-3E XB will make me throw out some cash, though.

Where have you seen that new FA-3E version? I didn't find any info about those at Fischer Amps website...

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:38 AM Post #1,152 of 4,383
Quote:

Neue FA-3 E XB InEars von Fischer Amps - ein TF10-Ersatz/Nachfolger?

It will be released in January at 349 €. It seems the packaging isn't done yet.

Thanks! Will you be getting that new model? 
biggrin.gif

Dec 6, 2012 at 7:54 PM Post #1,154 of 4,383
Quote:
For third party, most large nozzle tips will work.  Sony Hybrids, MEE silicone, etc.  As for music that brings out the best in these, that's a good question.  It is true that these will fare slightly better with more modern recordings.  I like these quite a bit for pop (with a female vocalis

For me, so far the best song which made me impressed was Locked out of Heaven - Bruno Mars. Everything was seperated beautifully and his sound was very sultry. His new album Unorthodox Jukebox sounds pretty good with these.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back