Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Sep 1, 2012 at 2:59 PM Post #227 of 4,383
Quote:
How does $319 grab everyone?  I posted this in the deals thread:

Yeah, but I can't find that offer on the Logitech official website.

Sep 1, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #228 of 4,383
Quote:
She wants my Triple.Fi's.
Hell, if she actually does end up buying me theses I'll buy her new Triple.Fi's (on black friday :p)
I let her listen to mine and almost didn't get em back..

I'd give her yours for now (after you get the 900s).  Then buy TF10s on Black Friday for her (and get your original pair back) :)  That way, you get both :)

Sep 1, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #232 of 4,383
Quote:

I'd give her yours for now (after you get the 900s).  Then buy TF10s on Black Friday for her (and get your original pair back) :)  That way, you get both :)

I was actually gonna buy her some new ones :p Cause mine are currently held together by super glue because the part that has the nozzle came loose and finally borked off. She would be heartbroken if that happened while she was using them :xf_eek:

Sep 1, 2012 at 3:21 PM Post #233 of 4,383
Quote:
I was actually gonna buy her some new ones :p Cause mine are currently held together by super glue because the part that has the nozzle came loose and finally borked off. She would be heartbroken if that happened while she was using them :xf_eek:

Oh wow...  Yeah, get some new ones :) Just be happy your girlfriend respects good sound like you do :)

Sep 1, 2012 at 4:14 PM Post #235 of 4,383
Quote:
I thought about doing the reshell... but never even got around to getting molds for my ears xD

That always helps with fit...  Well, I wouldn't do reshells now, unless your GF's getting impressions.

Sep 1, 2012 at 8:09 PM Post #236 of 4,383
If I'm not mistaken, UE offers the only dual bore universal on the market.  There is a reason for this.  IT IS NOT COMFORTABLE!.  Setting aside the fact that a silicone tip fit won't stay intact unless you are as still as a manequin, the bore is just too thick to offer comfort past an hour, even with complys.  I suspect we will hear this same song and dance with UE900.  Doubt highly it will dethrone W3 as best universal (my opinion of course) :)  I hope they clear up the foggy midrange.  Everything else with TF10 was superb IMHO.

Sep 1, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #237 of 4,383
Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, UE offers the only dual bore universal on the market.  There is a reason for this.  IT IS NOT COMFORTABLE!.  Setting aside the fact that a silicone tip fit won't stay intact unless you are as still as a manequin, the bore is just too thick to offer comfort past an hour, even with complys.  I suspect we will hear this same song and dance with UE900.  Doubt highly it will defrone W3 as best universal (my opinion of course) :)

The shape of the IEM makes it uncomfortable, the dual bore design itself is not.  The Heir Audio 4.Ai uses dual bores if I'm not mistaken. So does the 3.Ai.  I have heard nothing but good things regarding comfort and fit with those two IEMs.  The shape of the UE900s will be similar in shape (IDK about size) to the 4.Ai and 3.Ai. 

Sep 1, 2012 at 8:32 PM Post #238 of 4,383
Quote:

The shape of the IEM makes it uncomfortable, the dual bore design itself is not.  The Heir Audio 4.Ai uses dual bores if I'm not mistaken. So does the 3.Ai.  I have heard nothing but good things regarding comfort and fit with those two IEMs.  The shape of the UE900s will be similar in shape (IDK about size) to the 4.Ai and 3.Ai. 

A dual bore with a custom will be comfortable.
A dual bore with a universal... with a tip over it will be too thick and uncomfortable.  UE900 should be just as uncomfortable as TF10.  Just hoping for an improved sound sig.

Sep 1, 2012 at 8:36 PM Post #239 of 4,383
You found the midrange of the TF10 more problematic than the W3? o.O You are certainly from a different planet than I...the TF10s mids are much less recessed to my ears, and the bass infinitely less overwhelming, intrusive, and flat out unrealistic, which is basically how I felt about the W3's bass...
Quote:
If I'm not mistaken, UE offers the only dual bore universal on the market.  There is a reason for this.  IT IS NOT COMFORTABLE!.  Setting aside the fact that a silicone tip fit won't stay intact unless you are as still as a manequin, the bore is just too thick to offer comfort past an hour, even with complys.  I suspect we will hear this same song and dance with UE900.  Doubt highly it will dethrone W3 as best universal (my opinion of course) :)  I hope they clear up the foggy midrange.  Everything else with TF10 was superb IMHO.

Sep 1, 2012 at 8:40 PM Post #240 of 4,383
Quote:
A dual bore with a custom will be comfortable.
A dual bore with a universal... with a tip over it will be too thick and uncomfortable.  UE900 should be just as uncomfortable as TF10.  Just hoping for an improved sound sig.

3.Ai and 4.Ai are universals...  I wasn't talking about the 3.A or 4.A (custom models).  I was talking about the 3.Ai and 4.Ai which are both universal IEM models (not custom). 

Heir Audio IEM (universal/generic fit) page: http://www.heiraudio.com/IEM.html
Heir Audio 3.Ai page: http://www.heiraudio.com/article_177.html
Heir Audio 4.Ai page: http://www.heiraudio.com/article_178.html

They are both universal models with dual bores.  No one has complained.  It's not the dual boar that made the TF10s uncomfortable.  It was the shape. The 900s have a shape closer to the Heir Audio universals.  So I'm going to hope they are just as comfortable.  On Tuesday (Monday be Labor day), I'll be getting the 3.Ai, and by Wednesday (hopefully Tuesday though) I should have the 900s in my hands :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back