Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Mar 24, 2014 at 11:23 PM Post #2,851 of 4,383
  Are these new?

http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s 

It seems like the model name was updated to Ultimate Ears 900s.
Also, looking at the specs and what's in the box it looks like they have added 3 pairs of 'memory foam ear cushions' (sweet) and maintenance gel ?!? (What - I assume for the connectors).
But to me the biggest upset is this: "1 YEAR LIMITED HARDWARE WARRANTY". My UE 900 came with 2 yrs warranty, so what is that all about???

I got mine around the middle of February, and they came with three pairs of Comply foams.  No maintenance gel though... 

Mar 24, 2014 at 11:31 PM Post #2,852 of 4,383
I just ordered a pair of these; Excited 
biggrin.gif

P.s  anyone looking for a good deal, i bought mine on Amazon for $299 just now.  That's a pretty good deal in my opinion 

Mar 25, 2014 at 9:56 AM Post #2,855 of 4,383
I don't see why warranty wouldn't be included since it's a new pair.

I guess the biggest question would be if the warranty is the old warranty which was for 2 years or the new 1 year warranty, according to their website.
Such an expensive earphones which a $400 retail price should come with 2 years warranty, it's odd that Logitech decided to reduce that instead of improving the quality of their products altogether.

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #2,857 of 4,383
Disappointing to say the least. I was hoping UE will improve quality and back it up with the usual 2 year warranty etc but instead  they decided to shorten the warranty? If these were in the $60-$150 I would totally understand but for a $400 flagship?? Unacceptable. I like the UE 900 but as my go to earphones I would look elsewhere next time thanks to the revised 1 year warranty and the well documented build quality issues.

Mar 26, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #2,858 of 4,383
  Disappointing to say the least. I was hoping UE will improve quality and back it up with the usual 2 year warranty etc but instead  they decided to shorten the warranty? If these were in the $60-$150 I would totally understand but for a $400 flagship?? Unacceptable. I like the UE 900 but as my go to earphones I would look elsewhere next time thanks to the revised 1 year warranty and the well documented build quality issues.

My UE 900 warranty card show 1 year. Logitech will not honor the warranty though, they claim mine were purchased from a non-authorized dealer.

That's total crap. After owning 2 Triple fi sets, tons of logitech PC stuff, and a pair of ultimate ears 400 and a pair of 600 I'm super disappointed in my 900 experience and their level of customer service as it relates to my concern. No mention of deoxit, no offer of the maintenance 'gel'. I'm about ready to take to twitter, facebook, and emails to the executives if the cut outs continue.

Sounds to me like some weak-skilled executive decided to cut costs via the warranty expense. Simple solution - increase warranty denials, reduce warranty periods...which also hurts their customer loyalty.

Still no word back from Mike Dias either.

Mar 26, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #2,859 of 4,383
I do experience the occasional cut outs as well. Also, I just checked the box and it's clearly says: "2-year limited hardware warranty" and will contact Logitech soon as I want this to be rectified. 

Mar 26, 2014 at 7:10 PM Post #2,860 of 4,383
I'm really starting to regret buying these things.  I had them all boxed up and ready to send back, and I decided to listen to them one last time before heading out to UPS.  They sound better today!  No farting right channel, but the right is still quiet.  I have to wack the Rockbox balance 7% to the left to get them sounding even.  So I listened to them on my morning and evening commute and damn they sound good.  But all the time I was concentrating on the sound instead of the music.  I feel like I'm hanging out with the local psycho - fun to be with, but you always have to be aware that he might turn on you at any second!  I don't trust my 900s.  I think they have to go back. 

Mar 26, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #2,861 of 4,383
7% sounds about right. This is exactly how I feel. After having them for almost 5 months I still feel I am too concerned about how they sound and if it's balanced and barely enjoy the music.

Mar 27, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #2,863 of 4,383
Ok I've experimented with different tips for about 1 year and came up with this discovery, I wanted you guys to know. These cannot sit closed to the ears, for me. So I've used a fake pair of Sony Hybrids that cost nothing and I push them right before the little notch. That way I can push it in my ear with a good seal and the isolation is far better. Also, I can feel the bass and the imaging and soundstage is great that way. So now when I'm walking and moving, I can feel them tight in my ear canal. They don't seems to slip or fall. It works for my ears, and I've rediscovered what these iem can do. Also, try to get aftermarket, you get a different experience in sound. Here's a pic of the tips I use (on ebay you can have them for about 3$ for s-m-l). Hope this post will help people struggling with the UE-900.

Mar 28, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #2,864 of 4,383
Excited for today because my ue900s are coming in today. there seems to be some quality control issues going on with these from what im hearing from you all and i'll look for them in my pair. though i havn't gotten my 900s yet i came accross some clever solutions online from people that were having some of these issues.

-found on one of the top comments on amazon that using Dexol gold liquid brush applicator on the connectors of ue900s solved the connection issues for him (as that product cleans and enhances conductivity)
-from UE's website, found using a rolled up tissue is the ideal way to clean the bores. Read that for details.

Idk these things may have been mentioned already in this thread, i just havn't gone through it all. if they have, then sorry for the long post :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back