Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Mar 31, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #2,886 of 4,383

Quote:
  I'm not going to diagram your sentences to figure out what you meant to say.  I asked for clarification to make sure I understood your intent.  Even you aren't perfect.

Get over it!

Seriously? How hard are you trying to win?

I've already replied you on PM and you still taking out the thrash on a public thread?

Here's your clarification

Quotes from PM:

shacky
What gives with the almighty tude?   
I could say WRITE properly next time.  
If you are making a snotty comment just be clear - or don't take a tude when someone confirms What you are saying!.  

fnkcow
I'm just stating they not only did not step up to their own product but show a vote of no confidence to confirm it! How is that not dodgy?
Now why would that "dodgy much?" be in any way referring to you?
Enlighten me pls. I'm seriously baffled.

I won't waste others' time on this spat anymore 

Apr 1, 2014 at 8:30 PM Post #2,887 of 4,383
They still have qc problems.  I'm waiting for a shipping label to send mine back.  I'm going to try a new pair because I love the sound, but if the second pair goes bad, I'll return them, write off the cash I spent on Comply foams and a FiiO cable, and get a pair of custom 1964s instead.

Apr 3, 2014 at 7:49 AM Post #2,890 of 4,383
  I decided to get iPod Classic 160GB and received it days ago.
It gives perfect sound to me when pairing with UE900.
More clarity and details, wider soundstage and a bit more focus on vocals. :)

CLAS -db -> ALO Mk3+/SR71b, that's what you need :)

Apr 3, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #2,891 of 4,383
Logitech needs to change the braiding pattern or put the cable in the teflon/pvc/cotton sleeves.
This is what happened after 7 month of usage.

Apr 3, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #2,892 of 4,383
This is nasty... I am very disappointed with the fact they reduced the warranty from 2 yrs to only 1. No official word from Mike Dias who I believe was approached by one of the members here.  I am still under the impression that the UE 900 are not so much of a best seller like the TF10 were back in the day. So many places still don't stock them for some reason. A co-worker offered to buy mine as he liked them, might as well and move on the Shure... I use my earphone 8-10 hours a day (work and pleasure) and so far didn't have any cable issues, but I do find my connectors to be problematic at times.    

Apr 3, 2014 at 9:59 AM Post #2,893 of 4,383
This is nasty... I am very disappointed with the fact they reduced the warranty from 2 yrs to only 1. No official word from Mike Dias who I believe was approached by one of the members here.  I am still under the impression that the UE 900 are not so much of a best seller like the TF10 were back in the day. So many places still don't stock them for some reason. I co-worker offered to buy mine as he liked them, might as well and move on the Shure... I use my earphone 8-10 hours a day (work and pleasure) and so far didn't have any cable issues, but I do find my connectors to be problematic at times.    

Ya the connector cuts the sound quiet often, I have to constantly adjust, after maybe 20 minute it doesn't cut anymore.

Both TF10 and UE900 cables are really bad as compare to Shure iems. But Shure cables are heavier which I don't like it that much.

Apr 3, 2014 at 10:59 AM Post #2,895 of 4,383
I see in your signature that you also have the Shure se215. I am considering them as a beater, any thoughts comparing them to the  UE 900?

Shure SE215 is no match against UE900, I don't use 215 anymore :)
Considering SE215 being around $100 and UE900 being $289 (at amazon today) I will still get UE900 at this price.

But UE900 at $400 I will get Westone 4W.

Point is, don't waste money on Shure SE215. hope this helps :)

Edit: Shure SE215 is just muddy, it has more boomy bass, less trebles, voice sounds all muddy, less sound stage. (but what do you expect for the cheaper iem) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back