Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Dec 19, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #2,568 of 4,383
Try meelec balanced and block the pinholes a to some extent.

Are these the tips and are they cheaper than 5 bucks ?
http://www.meelec.com/product_p/tipset3-bf50m-mtn-gy.htm?CartID=1

Yes, those are my favourite tips for veiled iems! I use my UE900 with the Fiio cable (despite it being a mismatch colour wise), meeled balanced tips and 3/4 blocked pinholes. It's a good combo to me. The sound isn't rrslly veiled anymore, more like sliiiiiiiightly soft in the upper mids. Bass is still a bit soft though, never bloated but impact is soft/rounded. Overall a better match than stock UE900. I find that it's close to my ideal signature but lacks in technicalities vs FA-4E. However, if you find the bass bloated, mids warm and veiled you ought to give the tips a try. I'll do a fast A/B in an hour or so just to confirm. But from memory it's a clear step up.

EDIT: After some time swapping between meelec balanced, auvio singles, stock silicone, MH1 hybrids, comply TS I can only conclude that for me, the meelec balanced give the best seal and sound. The thing is that I also use the tube from a comply tip to widen the nozzle which makes it seal better for me because I hate trying to get a good seal, I just want it to happen. I think that the MH1 are the bassiest, comply tips the most veiled, auvios have the brightest treble and meelec balanced are the most open sounding but due to the increased bass of the hybrids, the MH1's sound a bit wider simply because of the engaging bass to the far left/right.

Dec 19, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #2,569 of 4,383
  Received a replacement UE 900 last week, so I guess Logitech still has some left. 
Can't believe they are already discontinued.

It seems Logitech discontinues a lot of their products. My Logitech Quickcam AF and Logitech Z 10 speakers both discontinued just after a few years of there launch dates. I think Logitech manufacture very cheap build quality yet style them as premium looking products. How else can they design, manufacture and sell so cheap.. my Z 10's broke with-jn 2 year warranty I managed to buy replacement pair off eBay recently so will see how long they last.

Dec 19, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #2,570 of 4,383

It seems Logitech discontinues a lot of their products. My Logitech Quickcam AF and Logitech Z 10 speakers both discontinued just after a few years of there launch dates. I think Logitech manufacture very cheap build quality yet style them as premium looking products. How else can they design, manufacture and sell so cheap.. my Z 10's broke with-jn 2 year warranty I managed to buy replacement pair off eBay recently so will see how long they last.

logitech has the BEST warranty and customer service.  Anytime a mouse, speaker or anything else has gone bad....they send me a Brand new one no questions asked.  Just need a receipt.  

Dec 19, 2013 at 7:39 PM Post #2,572 of 4,383
Apparently there was another surprise sale today at NCIX. However they are now sold out of the UE900s at $199. Luckily i managed to snag one the first time they held this sale

Nice, that is lucky.

Dec 20, 2013 at 2:19 AM Post #2,573 of 4,383

logitech has the BEST warranty and customer service.  Anytime a mouse, speaker or anything else has gone bad....they send me a Brand new one no questions asked.  Just need a receipt.  

Wrong! I didn't need a receipt when my UE 350i broke. And i bought them in Hong Kong and i'm in Europe. Amazing warranty and customer service.

Dec 20, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #2,574 of 4,383
Wrong! I didn't need a receipt when my UE 350i broke. And i bought them in Hong Kong and i'm in Europe. Amazing warranty and customer service.

Maybe you didn't but in the usa we do.

Dec 20, 2013 at 12:56 PM Post #2,575 of 4,383
For you UE900 owners, has anyone tried using them with the Westone Star Tips? I had some spare ones from the assorted kit i bought for my se535 LTDs. They have to be stretched a bit to fit the UE900's bigger nozzle. I haven't had enough time to test it thoroughly yet but for anyone else who's tried it, do you think it will affect the sound quality negatively since the tip is more narrow?

I really liked the star tips on my shures and wanted to find something similar for the UE900

Dec 25, 2013 at 3:16 AM Post #2,579 of 4,383

The UE 900 are not discontinued. They are still available, full price, from Logitech's website.

Because some random customer service agent told someone's sister's cousin that they are discontinued does not make it so. :)

Well they are no longer available in EU and the US website didn't have them as well. Some people contacted Logitech and were told they are discontinued, it wasn't only one person. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back