Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Nov 27, 2013 at 4:59 PM Post #2,491 of 4,383
Hope you guys can help me.. The sound stated cutting out on my left earpiece.. I think its the cable, but no matter how hard I pull and yank I just can't get the cable to come off.. Is there any specific technique to removing the cable?? Thanks in advance!!

Dec 4, 2013 at 2:35 AM Post #2,495 of 4,383

Custom tips sound so good. Sorry I just pulled them out of my ears. They're a bit deformed.

Dec 4, 2013 at 7:33 AM Post #2,496 of 4,383

Custom tips sound so good. Sorry I just pulled them out of my ears. They're a bit deformed.

That's why you roll them before hand and not just push them in.

Dec 4, 2013 at 11:39 AM Post #2,497 of 4,383
That's why you roll them before hand and not just push them in.
I did roll beforehand. Still just pulling out of your ears they take a bit of a while to gain their shape back

Dec 4, 2013 at 9:10 PM Post #2,499 of 4,383
I got these recently, and seen some comments here about the 
blocked pinholes and 100 ohm 
adapter

question, what material is used to block the pinholes and where to get 100 ohm adapter?

Dec 5, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #2,501 of 4,383
I just got my UE900 and i'm blown away. They are absolutely amazing.

This purchase at last confirms my major problems i had with with my nine years old shure e5. This is a huge upgrade, but i think it shouldn't be a huge upgrade, only small to mid upgrade, but i suspect there was something wrong with them, the treble. 

I should've just sent them back, but i thought IEM's sounded like that. Thats why i didn't take any actions and was disappointed with the whole IEM product scene. I still used them but a little disappointed.

The bass and mids were still awesome on the E5 (but still not as good as UE900).

I'm in love! :D
I'm so glad i bought them.

Here comes the negative part. They are so good that i'm going be too careful with them and not use them so often. :D

Dec 5, 2013 at 4:13 PM Post #2,503 of 4,383

This purchase at last confirms my major problems i had with with my nine years old shure e5. This is a huge upgrade, but i think it shouldn't be a huge upgrade, only small to mid upgrade, but i suspect there was something wrong with them, the treble. 

I should've just sent them back, but i thought IEM's sounded like that. Thats why i didn't take any actions and was disappointed with the whole IEM product scene. I still used them but a little disappointed.

The bass and mids were still awesome on the E5 (but still not as good as UE900).

Here comes the negative part. They are so good that i'm going be too careful with them and not use them so often. :D

Well done and welcome :D

UE900 are amazing 

Dec 5, 2013 at 5:35 PM Post #2,504 of 4,383

Saying goodbye to my favorite universal so far.

I used to be a huge balanced dynamic fan with a strong appreciation for design but the W4 steered me toward neutral balanced armatures and the UE900 really convinced me of a superior audio reproduction (musical sound without drifting towards clinical).

While the market is offering great new alternatives (SM64, FA-3E /XB), I have found the next step with the StageDiver 3 as an universal, or might even jump directly to CIEM territory with Stage 3 or UERM.

Have fun guys, see you around!

I just found this post by chance (always funny to find your own pictures via Google picture search) and it's also funny that not much has changed since April.
I now have the Rhines Stage 3 custom and still occasionally use the StageDiver 3 for low volumes (, although I prefer high-quality customs over any universal any day).

Dec 5, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #2,505 of 4,383

Just got mine in as well.  Really enjoying the UE 900 + FiiO X3 pairing
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back