Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Sep 17, 2012 at 12:42 PM Post #541 of 4,383
Quote:
Ok, define "sound quality"

My point is, they are similar in price, so they will probably be pretty close in terms of overall performance, but with different sound signatures, so you should probably choose based on your preferred sig rather than other people saying which is "better."

+([size=small]Σ i = 1 > [/size][size=small][/size][size=small])(i) [/size]
cool.gif

I've said it quite a bit already when I did my comparisons with the other IEMs.  Preference will make a bigger impact over technicality.  I prefer these over the PFE232 (signature reasons), but they are not technically better.  

Sep 17, 2012 at 3:26 PM Post #543 of 4,383
Quote:
OK, well yeah, I guess it does, and I take most of that statement back.  I've been contacted by Brainwavz a few times (got to Dunu before they got to me though :p) as well.  The bigger companies don't do this.  They'll email a press release out to a list of emails.  Unless you count this as contacting to do a review :p  UE doesn't personally contact, not that I'm aware of (if they do, it's only to really big companies).

AFAIK some bigger companies do it too, but it's a matter of how high you're up on the VIP scale. Anyway, the first and foremost reason why they hand out review samples at all, is to create buzz for their product, so I agree with doublea71, they'd better make sure that it works as intended at this point. From your description it sure doesn't sound like we're talking about a major issue with the UE900, but as I said earlier, I'd rather wait for a few reviews based on actual retail units before drawing any conclusions.

Sep 17, 2012 at 8:18 PM Post #544 of 4,383
I'm sure they'll iron out all of the bugs and there won't be any issues with it. Let's move on, shall we? Does anybody else have an in-depth review?

Sep 18, 2012 at 4:13 PM Post #545 of 4,383
I got them from apple and paid for 1 day shipping the day they were released.  

I had a connector issue (static) for about 2 minutes, until I unplugged and then replugged them back together... no issues since, and I have even ran with them for a few 5k runs...  They do come apart far easier than my Shure's did.  

Sep 18, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #546 of 4,383
Quote:
I got them from apple and paid for 1 day shipping the day they were released.  

I had a connector issue (static) for about 2 minutes, until I unplugged and then replugged them back together... no issues since, and I have even ran with them for a few 5k runs...  They do come apart far easier than my Shure's did.  

I did hear of a few people getting it this way.  The odd thing is that Apple sold pairs before UE did :p  Post manufacturing debris would explain your problem as well.  UE will replace it for you if you ask them to.  I don't think you care though (I didn't either after I fixed mine :p).  I have a feeling Apple wasn't supposed to send them off yet XD

Sep 18, 2012 at 5:48 PM Post #547 of 4,383
Quote:

I did hear of a few people getting it this way.  The odd thing is that Apple sold pairs before UE did :p  Post manufacturing debris would explain your problem as well.  UE will replace it for you if you ask them to.  I don't think you care though (I didn't either after I fixed mine :p).  I have a feeling Apple wasn't supposed to send them off yet XD

Maybe Apple will get theirs now and a lawsuit :p lol.

Sep 18, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #549 of 4,383
Quote:
Maybe Apple will get theirs now and a lawsuit :p lol.

/*
OT

I'm not going to say too much about the Apple Samsung lawsuit.  I don't agree wit the lawsuit decision, but I do agree that Apple has the right to its own creations (design, UI, etc.).  I don't respect Samsung for doing what they did (they used a lot of Apple's patented ideas) though, but also don't think the lawsuit would have been the right path for Apple.  On the other hand, I'm able to respect Microsoft for their tablet since they found a way to make a beautiful UI that works without taking ideas from Apple.  
*/

I'm curious now to how many Apple actually got shipped :p  

Sep 18, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #550 of 4,383
Quote:

/*
OT

I'm not going to say too much about the Apple Samsung lawsuit.  I don't agree wit the lawsuit decision, but I do agree that Apple has the right to its own creations (design, UI, etc.).  I don't respect Samsung for doing what they did (they used a lot of Apple's patented ideas) though, but also don't think the lawsuit would have been the right path for Apple.  On the other hand, I'm able to respect Microsoft for their tablet since they found a way to make a beautiful UI that works without taking ideas from Apple.  
*/

I'm curious now to how many Apple actually got shipped :p  

The fact that how vague the lawsuit was is just pathetic. What next a patent on the triangle and circle? :wink:

Sep 18, 2012 at 6:40 PM Post #552 of 4,383
Quote:

What I particular found interesting and somewhat funny are the fact that many or most of Apple's latest iPod products are based on a Samsung designed and produced SoC's

Quote:

The fact that how vague the lawsuit was is just pathetic. What next a patent on the triangle and circle? :wink:

PMs sent to both of you.  Can we get back on topic.  This isn't an Apple vs Samsung debate :wink:  I did reply and explain a little further to both of you the specifics about what the lawsuit was about.  But back to UE900 talk please, don't need derailing :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back