Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jun 9, 2014 at 7:01 AM Post #3,436 of 4,383
I saw somewhere that the internals we rearranged somehow, but UE said it didn't make any differences in sound. I'm not sure if that's what it's referring to (NEWEST 2014 VERSION) or not, but I'm willing to bet. I wouldn't fret about it.

And I doubt it, UE cables have been crap for years.

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:56 PM Post #3,438 of 4,383
The sad thing is, for anyone who doesn't check Head Fi they would have no idea about what is happening. There is now no indication on Amazon about any of this.

Jun 9, 2014 at 11:46 PM Post #3,440 of 4,383
Hi all,

Sorry…maybe someone has asked before...
I am having issue on sound cutoff on left side of earphones. Can this fixed by getting cables from other brands? Or I should find Logitech for replacement? I bought mine in Mar this year...any suggestion?

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Jun 9, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #3,441 of 4,383
Hi all,

Sorry…maybe someone has asked before...
I am having issue on sound cutoff on left side of earphones. Can this fixed by getting cables from other brands? Or I should find Logitech for replacement? I bought mine in Mar this year...any suggestion?

Thanks!

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

This is a common issue. Mine has the cutoffs from day 1. You can try and clean the connectors and if it's doesn't work contact Logitech. You are still covered. Why would you spend on a new cable when you still a have warranty?

Jun 10, 2014 at 11:47 AM Post #3,447 of 4,383
what differences are you noticing? Because I have a a pair of ue900 and would like to know the difference.

If you already have the 900 and planning to order the 900s you are 99.9% going to end up with another pair of 900.
@Danz03  had purchased the 900s which looks identical to the 900. Mind you different tips, cable, clogged pinhole bore can and will impact the sound. Logitech claims they are identical sound-wise. 
I have the 900 and never once found them muffled or lacking in bass, and I do like bass (not a basshead though). 

Jun 10, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #3,448 of 4,383
  If you already have the 900 and planning to order the 900s you are 99.9% going to end up with another pair of 900.
@Danz03  had purchased the 900s which looks identical to the 900. Mind you different tips, cable, clogged pinhole bore can and will impact the sound. Logitech claims they are identical sound-wise. 
I have the 900 and never once found them muffled or lacking in bass, and I do like bass (not a basshead though). 

Also, Logitech claims they are going to post in here and let people know when the newer design is going to be available for purchase if that's something people want to wait for.

Jun 10, 2014 at 1:53 PM Post #3,449 of 4,383
I'm just very interested in how exactly the procedure for replacing the 900s (now version) with the 900s (future release) will be handled.

I'm honestly VERY happy with the sound from these IEMs, and I'm not sure I'd want some new unknown sound signature that will be present with new driver/tube orientation. I doubt I'd bother sending mine in for this very reason. That all said, wish I could get my $150 back...

Jun 10, 2014 at 6:14 PM Post #3,450 of 4,383
I got a faulty pair from ebay that I was thinking of getting made into customs. One of the cables buds had the cut out issue but when I went to remove the cable to clean contacts/try another they just wouldn't budge. Eventually I had to use some needle nosed pliers and the cable ended up shearing off leaving the metal connector in place!!?! Anyone had this issue before? I wonder if the previous owner had glued them in place or something. Wierdly they still rotated suggesting they weren't stuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back