Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
Jun 3, 2014 at 1:39 PM Post #3,347 of 4,383
  This is actually more outrageous than I imagined it being.

When/Where will the official statement be?

I'm not sure, I can only offer this quote I was given yesterday.

"There is a lot of confusion and we'll make some things clear - it will be by tomorrow.....so thanks for your patience"

Jun 3, 2014 at 1:45 PM Post #3,348 of 4,383
Is no one else concerned that they've discontinued every consumer IEM and reduced the warranty on 900s from 2 years to just 1 year all without publicly notifying the consumers? Why even bother re-releasing the UE 900 repackaged & re branded if they can only guarantee the product will last a minimum of just 1 year.. my UE900 failed after only 8 months of use which they do not wish to replace or provide discount on purchase of UE900s

@Got the Shakes - can you link me to the Amazon review because I plan to leave one to.. I've asked Logitech several times including their CEO why they've scrapped off the entire consumer IEM product range leaving only a re-released UE900 with a reduced warranty of just 1 year but have failed to respond so will warn customers that they should not purchase.

Jun 3, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #3,349 of 4,383
  This is actually more outrageous than I imagined it being.

When/Where will the official statement be?

Totally agreed. The more info we get it seems to be even worse. One thing for sure. Logitech has confirmed that all supposedly UE 900s are actually the UE 900 + gel and more tips... and no, it's not by a mistake or a switcharoo by the authorized dealers.  

Jun 3, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #3,350 of 4,383
  Is no one else concerned that they've discontinued every consumer IEM and reduced the warranty on 900s from 2 years to just 1 year all without publicly notifying the consumers? Why even bother re-releasing the UE 900 repackaged & re branded if they can only guarantee the product will last a minimum of just 1 year.. my UE900 failed after only 8 months of use which they do not wish to replace or provide discount on purchase of UE900s

@Got the Shakes - can you link me to the Amazon review because I plan to leave one to.. I've asked Logitech several times including their CEO why they've scrapped off the entire consumer IEM product range leaving only a re-released UE900 with a reduced warranty of just 1 year but have failed to respond so will warn customers that they should not purchase.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00JB66VX4/ref=cm_cr_thx_view

Jun 3, 2014 at 2:19 PM Post #3,351 of 4,383
Who ever runing Logitech ue universe division needs to get fired. this very poor management and this also risk the company being sued for false advertisement. I would not want anybody who poses those risk in my business

Jun 3, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #3,353 of 4,383
And... Another discrepancy that I just found. I wasn't looking for it I swear but this is so obvious... The UE 900s comes with 1 yr warranty in the states but on their Canadian website it says the UE 900s has 2 yr warranty. See attached photos, bottom left corner has the flag and indicates the location. Now why is it bother me? I am located in Toronto and was told I need to ship my earphones under warranty to the U.S. So why do they offer different length of warranty on identical products is beyond me.

Jun 3, 2014 at 3:13 PM Post #3,354 of 4,383
hi,
i'm from france and i already say that my "ue900 in a ue900s package" came with a 2 year warranty written on the box.

If i understand well there would be 3 sort of model on the ue900 :

-basic ue900

-new ue900s : the one that "no one" received

with more solid blue shell +new arrangement in the driver+ new accessorie and gel + a difference in the freq response wich is now 20hz-20khz instead of 5hz to 20khz

-"new ue900s" : the one that we received

with 
new accessorie and gel + a difference in the freq response wich is now 20hz-20khz instead of 5hz to 20khz (but no new arrengment as we can still see the glue in the shell ???)

So Is it right?

I still don't understand why logitech made simple thing so complicated !!? 
they could have wait and release a new product so that customer get exactly what is just printed on this new package.

To me the new shell is could be a big improvment fr durability..I may be wrong as nobody can tell..

Jun 3, 2014 at 3:23 PM Post #3,355 of 4,383
I believe the 900 is the grandfathered model and will no longer be offered. It should have been the 900s with the new shell, gel and tips, but somehow they people who ordered the 900s received the 900 + the gel and tips in a 900s box.

Jun 3, 2014 at 3:29 PM Post #3,356 of 4,383
  I believe the 900 is the grandfathered model and will no longer be offered. It should have been the 900s with the new shell, gel and tips, but somehow they people who ordered the 900s received the 900 + the gel and tips in a 900s box.

Except I was told by Logitech that what I received and the blue shell ones both have a frequency response of 20hz-20khz, while the old model had 5hz-20khz. They seem to be saying that the internals are the same on the 900s shipped to us and the all blue shells, just the exterior is different.

Jun 3, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #3,357 of 4,383

Except I was told by Logitech that what I received and the blue shell ones both have a frequency response of 20hz-20khz, while the old model had 5hz-20khz. They seem to be saying that the internals are the same on the 900s shipped to us and the all blue shells, just the exterior is different.

the strange thing is that we can't see any difference betwenn thee old ue 900 and the new ue900s that we receied when you try to look through the shell.

But this technical difference in the freq must be caused by a new arrangement in the driver no?
..nothing is clear here and i don't know how they could explain all that.

waiting for their explanation..

Jun 3, 2014 at 4:46 PM Post #3,360 of 4,383
I still have my box of my ue900 and its 20hz-20khz so what they told you is a lie

They didn't tell me that, I was trying to remember off the top of my head and that's what I thought it was. What they actually told me was that the specs of the UE 900 and 900s are exactly the same if looking at tech specs, so they aren't sure how it is that everyone thought that it was going to be a vastly different or improved sound when they never came out and said that the UE 900s was an upgrade soundwise over the original 900.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back