Ultimate Ears UE 900 Discussion and Impressions Thread
May 30, 2014 at 11:53 AM Post #3,303 of 4,383
If I sent in my ue900 for warenty and recived a 900 with 900s accessory in a 900s box I wouldn't be upset because I didt pay for a 900s and if the accessory correct some of the problem then it's not so bad

I wouldn't be either if that was the situation I was in, but I purchased 900s for full price as a new item and go the 900.

May 30, 2014 at 11:54 AM Post #3,304 of 4,383
Oh and here is the verbatim response from Logitech. This is what I received after 2 weeks of going back and forth, including sending them over 15 different pictures they requested.

"Thank you for contacting Logitech and for the update. 

We would like to let you know that the unit you have is a UE 900 and not a UE 900s. We would like to refer you to the seller as this could be an opened and resealed item. 

Sincerely,

Raymund
Logitech Customer Care"

May 30, 2014 at 12:07 PM Post #3,305 of 4,383
I know that's not your situation and I would be very upset if I was in yours or anybody else situation. Was the place were you brought from an authorize seller and if it turn out that they didt mess with the package like Logitech suggested, and I believe they didt, what dose Logitech plan to do about your issue?

May 30, 2014 at 12:27 PM Post #3,306 of 4,383
I know that's not your situation and I would be very upset if I was in yours or anybody else situation. Was the place were you brought from an authorize seller and if it turn out that they didt mess with the package like Logitech suggested, and I believe they didt, what dose Logitech plan to do about your issue?

They are an authorized seller, and as of now Logitech doesn't plan on doing anything on their end. 

May 30, 2014 at 12:40 PM Post #3,307 of 4,383

They are an authorized seller, and as of now Logitech doesn't plan on doing anything on their end. 

I must say something is VERY wrong with Logitech if they are saying their authorized seller might have took the 900s, packed the 900 and sealed it, and sold it to you as the 900s. This is insane and not only that people won't buy their products but dealers might be wary carrying them as well.

May 30, 2014 at 1:46 PM Post #3,309 of 4,383
  I must say something is VERY wrong with Logitech if they are saying their authorized seller might have took the 900s, packed the 900 and sealed it, and sold it to you as the 900s. This is insane and not only that people won't buy their products but dealers might be wary carrying them as well.

@tommy c that's very true and I agree. That's a very real possibility that even there authorize dealt will think twice about carrying there products

I'm assuming that the other people who have had the same issues as I have, most if not all of them bought from authorized dealers. I sent them a response with the typical "I won't buy your products and will advise anyone I know to do the same" to see if I can get them to just exchange them and be able to wash my hand of this mess. 

May 30, 2014 at 4:27 PM Post #3,310 of 4,383
I think the problem lies in the Logitech brand. Their expertise lies in gaming headsets and the like and the shelf life of a gaming headset is not terribly long. However, gamers don't seem massively bothered about this. In the world of high end iems people have a much greater expectation both of build quality and longevity because of the amount they are prepared to spend and how much care the average enthusiast takes of their equipment. Sadly I think this is a lesson that Logitech are learning the hard way. Regretfully, unless they take note and reform their business model for the high end audio market it could be the end of the UE audio brand that we all have come to love. It seems like from the problems people are facing if they were a new brand they would never have got of the ground. They're still surviving on an awful lot of love that was developed before they took over the brand.

May 30, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #3,311 of 4,383
So in the beginning Logitech insists that there is no difference between the UE900 and UE900s. Now they concede that there actually is a difference and claim that the seller is doing the dodgy even though 4 people have gotten the switcheroo. How likely is it that 4 different authorised resellers are repackaging the UE900? This seems like they are just spreading uncertainty while they deal with the situation.

I sent them a response with the typical "I won't buy your products and will advise anyone I know to do the same" to see if I can get them to just exchange them and be able to wash my hand of this mess. 

You need to just go ahead and leave a negative review on Amazon and on Head Fi about this. They will only respond to you afterwards when you actually have some leverage because you left a black mark. I would urge every person who received this kind of treatment to do so, otherwise they can continue to do this. Not everyone who is going to buy the UE900s will go through the last pages of this thread.

May 30, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #3,312 of 4,383
May 30, 2014 at 7:21 PM Post #3,313 of 4,383
http://www.head-fi.org/products/logitech-ue-900s-ultimate-ears-noise-isolating-earphones-newest-2014-version

I added a new entry into the gear listing in Head Fi. Since Head Fi is so large and specific in content, any review of the UE900s left on hear will also feature prominently on search engine results.

I'm out of town for a wedding this weekend and only have my phone. I can start leaving negative reviews when I get back on Sunday and have access to my laptop.

May 30, 2014 at 8:09 PM Post #3,314 of 4,383
I'm out of town for a wedding this weekend and only have my phone. I can start leaving negative reviews when I get back on Sunday and have access to my laptop.

You might want to contact the seller too to let them know Logitech is now telling you that they may not be a reputable dealer.

May 30, 2014 at 8:16 PM Post #3,315 of 4,383
Here's my prediction by the way. Logitech will quietly change out all the UE900s units currently in retail channels. Since it's only been available for a short time this won't take time to do.

Meanwhile they will issue a statement to this effect:

"It has come to our attention that due to a manufacturing error a small number of UE900s units were shipped out with incorrect contents. We have have taken steps to resolve this issue and all UE900s earphones available now will have the correct contents. We apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused. If you believe you have received a UE900s with these issues please contact blah blah blah."

While we don't know exactly what is happening, the response that Got The Shakes got seems like stonewalling.

First customer service denies there is any difference between the UE900 and UE900s. Then they do a complete 180 (without any acknowledgement) and say "oh actually there is a difference". Then they spread uncertainty about their own authorised dealers and throw them under the bus while they fix the issue behind the scenes. Over in this thread http://www.head-fi.org/t/720144/logitech-not-shipping-ue900s someone is reporting that Logitech appears to be delaying shipments of the UE900s.

The whole thing stinks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back