Ultimate Ears UE-10 Pro review
Mar 29, 2005 at 3:10 AM Post #91 of 101
i thought we'd reached a point where people would stop reading about these things and just go straight to buying them, they're just that good.

it really comes down to economics...if you have the money and you're interested in either the sensas or the ues, only time should keep you from owning them.

of course i am kidding that i thought people would stop reading about custom iems (or any other high-end phones) before purchasing them, but unfortunately, there truly is no substitute to actually hearing the headphones for yourself, reading about them only goes so far.

as i near my thousandth post at this wonderful place, i would like to humbly share two truths head-fi truths has enabled me to discover about myself:

1) i am entirely ignorant until i hear it for myself.

2) i will always be somewhat hypocritcal about my "stopping" point when it comes to audio - i want to believe i've found something that'll stop my audio search, but i will inevitably take another plunge.

the second truth is actually a testament to how i (we) all love audio too much to ever stop searching for something better, but true nonetheless.

anyway, yeah, just trying to encourage more people to go out and buy some nice headphones.

Jul 9, 2009 at 5:03 AM Post #93 of 101
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bilavideo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gorman rules!

You bumped a four (technically five) year-old thread just to say that?

Jan 12, 2011 at 8:39 AM Post #94 of 101
And so it is... just like you said it would be...

Thus it ends. After almost six years of honorable service, my UE-10 Pro are no more. Did they break? No. Did they malfunction? No.

I lost them. I freaking lost them. I'm an idiot.
mad.gif

Edit: soooo... what's the best available IEM nowadays? Please help me out, share my pain and help me out.

Jan 12, 2011 at 6:52 PM Post #99 of 101

This thread has been resurrected from the dead! Run! ZOMBEH THREAD

I know... It just seemed "right" to end it here. Where it began :frowning2:. I'm so sad...

Jan 12, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #100 of 101
I would be very sad too. But the good thing is that there are much more companies that make quality customs now like Alien Ears E.A.R, EarSonics, EarSound Customs,, Fidelity Custom Earphones, Future Sonics, JH Audio, LiveWires *** Sensaphonics, Sleek Audio, Ultimate Ears, Unique Melody, Westone, 1964 ears. Just to name a few. However the UE capitol studio monitor is the spiritual and supposedly more neutral successor to the UE10. And the drivers wars have resulted in the JH16 having 8 drivers in each ear. 

Jan 13, 2011 at 10:06 AM Post #101 of 101

Quote:
I would be very sad too. But the good thing is that there are much more companies that make quality customs now like Alien Ears E.A.R, EarSonics, EarSound Customs,, Fidelity Custom Earphones, Future Sonics, JH Audio, LiveWires *** Sensaphonics, Sleek Audio, Ultimate Ears, Unique Melody, Westone, 1964 ears. Just to name a few. However the UE capitol studio monitor is the spiritual and supposedly more neutral successor to the UE10. And the drivers wars have resulted in the JH16 having 8 drivers in each ear. 

Yup, I've noticed choice is not lacking. What's even more interesting is that there are at least three brands that operate out of Europe. This should make it easier for me getting a replacement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back