Ultimate Ears Reference Monitor Remastered Giveaway
Jul 21, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #31 of 80
I can't get the first Youtube video to work. Maybe later.  Those are very good endorsements that's for sure.  Thanks UE.

Jul 21, 2016 at 12:52 PM Post #33 of 80
Isn't it amazing, in 2016, with global internet commerce, that a supposedly high-tech company, with customers around the world, doesn't make the effort to respect their non-US customers, whenever there is a competition?

I'm grateful to at least be aware that Logitech/UE views me as a second-class citizen - it will help me to choose between UE and their competitors, when buying CIEMs, in the future

Jul 21, 2016 at 2:20 PM Post #35 of 80
Respect?? I believe it's due to the regulations that different countries have when it comes to giveaways. It is technically impossible to run a giveaway that adheres to every regulation imposed by countries on a global level. Regulations in one country, can go against what is needed in another country, thus making it impossible to run.

Sad that a sweepstakes would sway you to not make a purchase in the future. :joy:

Quote:
  Isn't it amazing, in 2016, with global internet commerce, that a supposedly high-tech company, with customers around the world, doesn't make the effort to respect their non-US customers, whenever there is a competition?

I'm grateful to at least be aware that Logitech/UE views me as a second-class citizen - it will help me to choose between UE and their competitors, when buying CIEMs, in the future

Jul 21, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #36 of 80
mmm....well, other companies like Empire Ears and Noble Audio does not seem to mind if their customers are from outside the U.S. specially with promotions (like Black Friday or special deals or discounts). Just sayin'.

Okay, I'm saying that this sort of thing leaves a bad taste in the mouth of non-U.S. customers (or potential customers).

Jul 21, 2016 at 10:17 PM Post #37 of 80
  mmm....well, other companies like Empire Ears and Noble Audio does not seem to mind if their customers are from outside the U.S. specially with promotions (like Black Friday or special deals or discounts). Just sayin'.

Okay, I'm saying that this sort of thing leaves a bad taste in the mouth of non-U.S. customers (or potential customers).

Discounting is totally different from a giveaway. 

Jul 22, 2016 at 12:24 AM Post #39 of 80
This is an amazing giveaway, and I'm super excited to get all those entries in for my chances! My first pair of in-ears were a pair of Shure that came with my wireless system. However it was a cheap pair that sounded good, but didn't live long. Then I got my first pair of UE Super.fi 5 pro (in the candy red color). Bought a second pair just because I didn't want a good thing to go away. They got great a great life for many years. Only a few years after I had to move on, and then to a custom pair through another company. Excited for the opportunity to get back with a sound I knew, loved, and want to love again!

Jul 22, 2016 at 1:43 AM Post #42 of 80
What do you mean by legal U.S. residents? I am a student on F1 visa. Do count as legal resident?

mmm...per my understanding of U.S. legal resident: you need to be an immigrant/green card holder. An FI visa does not confer to you  U.S. legal resident status. Main difference between U.S. legal resident and a U.S. citizen: you can work, stay, own property etc. in the U.S. but you can't vote.

Jul 22, 2016 at 6:09 AM Post #43 of 80
US residents only....good to see you offering a great contest but and rule out billions on this planet.

Did you not learn from the previous contest??? If you don't bother including the entire community, yet exhibiting in London, please tell me what should keep me from skipping UE booth at CanJam?

Jul 22, 2016 at 8:20 AM Post #44 of 80
Got the first video to work.  Thanks so much.  I too feel badly for those of you who can't play.  I honestly do, but do you really think that UE doesn't care about you and you business?  They have legal crap they have to deal with.  I've been left out of a lot of sweepstakes or whatever you want to call this stuff, because I'm in the US it's limited to Europe etc...  

Yes, we live in a true global world, but legal gives everyone guides, like it or not.  Guys, when you break it down, they are giving away a pair or IEM's that cost them a couple of hundred to make (as they will also pay for the molds).  They don't want to alienate folks over this little amount of money.  

I just never understood why folks bash companies online so easily.  I'm not a UE guy. I have Nobles that I love.  I don't collect as many of you do as I have a very nice home, two channel system.  I just enjoy this board and love hearing new audio gear.  if it wasn't for this forum and the companies who pay to keep it going with their ads we wouldn't have it.  

Not flaming anyone and I guess we have the right attack companies, but have they really done this to hurt anyone?  Sorry, just so much hate in this world and it's getting tiresome.  JMHO

Jul 22, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #45 of 80
US residents only....good to see you offering a great contest but and rule out billions on this planet.

Did you not learn from the previous contest??? If you don't bother including the entire community, yet exhibiting in London, please tell me what should keep me from skipping UE booth at CanJam?

mmm......boycott! boycott!! boycott!.....lol! Just kidding......or maybe I'm not. I am serious. Nah, I'm a nice guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back