Ultimate Ears LIVE Impressions Thread
Jun 7, 2020 at 2:35 PM Post #152 of 156
I'm considering the Live again... in a review here on head-fi it was compared to the 64audio N8 as having more subbass and less midbass -- which would fit my preferences quite well (I own a custom N8). Could someone elaborate a bit more about how deep the Live reaches?

Jun 8, 2020 at 10:41 PM Post #153 of 156
I'm considering the Live again... in a review here on head-fi it was compared to the 64audio N8 as having more subbass and less midbass -- which would fit my preferences quite well (I own a custom N8). Could someone elaborate a bit more about how deep the Live reaches?

in my case, it's deep and heavy and satisfying given that it's a dynamic driver.
I did loan the demo unit for almost a year.

Jun 9, 2020 at 4:46 AM Post #154 of 156
in my case, it's deep and heavy and satisfying given that it's a dynamic driver.
I did loan the demo unit for almost a year.

thank you for that, deep and heavy sounds intriguing... I like hybrids exactly for their small imperfections in bass. As for the Live the dynamic driver seems to primarily cover the low low part, while some BAs are there for midbass — where I very much appreciate speed.

I‘ll try to get a demo unit, and if that works for me I think I’ll get a custom.

Jun 10, 2020 at 3:34 AM Post #155 of 156
I have LCDi4 and Solaris SE, and HD800S but my favorite headphones that I possess are UE live.. you might not like them but me as a professional opera singer- musician ,I studied 6 years piano, 7 trombone,played in orchestra and in big band .. finished music academy.. so in my opinion UE live are the most natural sounding IEMs I have ever heard.. LCDi4 are Saldo very Good but I can’t say UE live Are worse and they are incredibly comfortable

Jun 10, 2020 at 5:33 AM Post #156 of 156
I have LCDi4 and Solaris SE, and HD800S but my favorite headphones that I possess are UE live.. you might not like them but me as a professional opera singer- musician ,I studied 6 years piano, 7 trombone,played in orchestra and in big band .. finished music academy.. so in my opinion UE live are the most natural sounding IEMs I have ever heard.. LCDi4 are Saldo very Good but I can’t say UE live Are worse and they are incredibly comfortable

That sounds promising...
My background is professional audio, so I, too, care more for a natural sound that delivers emotions than something sterile that may be technically better. Due to my taste in music that involves the requirement to deliver deep and clean bass, but maybe not as clean as BAs tend to be... I did not care much about the LCD4i, neither its rather bad fit to my ears not its tonal balance. And given the fact that its open... its unusable for me. So its reassuring that you rate the Live as on par.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back