Ultimate Ears LIVE Impressions Thread
Aug 19, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #136 of 156
has anyone auditioned side by side the universal/demo vs custom of UE live?

Not yet. I am hoping to get back to a shop where I can in the next week or so. I will do some A/B-ing when there and report back when I do. For what it is worth, I was very impressed with the universals and did not feel that I lost anything that I liked or heard any significant differences when my customs arrived.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 9:13 AM Post #137 of 156
Not yet. I am hoping to get back to a shop where I can in the next week or so. I will do some A/B-ing when there and report back when I do. For what it is worth, I was very impressed with the universals and did not feel that I lost anything that I liked or heard any significant differences when my customs arrived.

thank You. actually I have the demos again on loan. my only issue is the peak or sibilance. I did use another eartip which reduced the sibilance for me. im starting to like this. it has been burned in pretty well since last year and it dont feel too bassy anymore to me.
i did use it for mixing on a big chapel and is really accurate and you can really tell the venue is big as I hear the echo and even reflections or some ringing freqs from afar.

Oct 8, 2019 at 1:17 AM Post #142 of 156
These are currently on drop. How do these hold up against modern ChiFi and Empire Ears?

Oct 8, 2019 at 7:35 AM Post #143 of 156
These are currently on drop. How do these hold up against modern ChiFi and Empire Ears?
I bought them from Drop the last time they were on offer.

At the time I loved them, and still like them very much.

I prefer them to the Empire Ears Nemesis I have,

Bearing in mind it's all personal taste and opinion I think the Live's are more musical than the Nemesis, the bass on the Live is more accurate and the whole sound is more cohesive.

The fault, if you can call it that since the Live's are designed to be stage monitors, is that the treble is somewhat "polite".

The Nemesis definitely have the edge there.

However since then I have bought the Fearless Audio Roland, once again it's personal taste and opinion but to me these are a masterpiece.

The bass is excellent, the mids are beautiful, and contrary to a lot of "reviews/comments" I have read I find the treble to be more than adequate.
Personally I think its excellent.

I guess it's a long winded answer, but I'd say the Live's can hold their own against Empire Ears, with the provisos 1) if you love treble they probably aren't your best choice 2) I haven't heard the Legend X or Phantom but I have both the Nemesis and ESR, and am waiting for the Zeus XIV (from Drop) to arrive.

As for Chi Fi there are some quality iem's around now that can play with the big boys.

I'm really impressed with the Rolands, I've not heard anything quite like them.

I hope this is helpful

Steve

Oct 10, 2019 at 10:17 PM Post #144 of 156
I have compared them side by side with Lx, Phantom, valkyrie and wraith.

it's just i prefer UE live over it and yes they hold their own. i brought a friend when i auditioned the EE line up and it was his first time to hear UE and EE. he also prefers UE.
just sharin

Oct 29, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #145 of 156
Somtimes a simple set up is all you need....
74706410_10157477096126136_2817988799512969216_o.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2410.JPG
    7.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2411.JPG
    7.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 18, 2020 at 12:52 AM Post #146 of 156
thank You. actually I have the demos again on loan. my only issue is the peak or sibilance. I did use another eartip which reduced the sibilance for me. im starting to like this. it has been burned in pretty well since last year and it dont feel too bassy anymore to me.
i did use it for mixing on a big chapel and is really accurate and you can really tell the venue is big as I hear the echo and even reflections or some ringing freqs from afar.
how long you burned in until that "muddy" gone and what eartips do u use?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back