Ultimate Ears In-Ear Reference Monitors Review
May 25, 2014 at 11:45 PM Post #557 of 733
Jun 4, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #558 of 733
I'm looking at top offerings from UE and JH Audio based on some reviews I've read. Which brand has a sound profile closest to high end vinyl set-ups in your opinion? Thanks!

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #559 of 733
I'm looking at top offerings from UE and JH Audio based on some reviews I've read. Which brand has a sound profile closest to high end vinyl set-ups in your opinion? Thanks!

Headphones are transceivers like speakers, record players are source components so I don't think it is clear what you really want. If you want to you can use headphones with a high end vinyl setup as well.

Jun 5, 2014 at 1:56 PM Post #560 of 733
Headphones are transceivers like speakers, record players are source components so I don't think it is clear what you really want. If you want to you can use headphones with a high end vinyl setup as well.
No, I know what I'm looking for: earphones that have a sound that is closer to the tone of smooth vinyl heard on high end rigs, except they would be used on a portable device.

Jun 5, 2014 at 2:29 PM Post #561 of 733

I use a Sound Devices pro recorder to create HD digital recordings from favorite records on my Linn LP12. They sound amazing on the Chord Hugo>UERM or HD800. You would get more bass slam out of something like the JHAudio Roxanne. 
You should try to attend a head-fi meet up. I'm sure you'll find something you like.

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:10 PM Post #562 of 733
No, I know what I'm looking for: earphones that have a sound that is closer to the tone of smooth vinyl heard on high end rigs, except they would be used on a portable device.

You are looking for a headphone with a warm signature, I would think - something with an analogue sound - The custom that I have that sounds the most "vinyl" would be my HA 8A's - they have a smooth and warm signature - still has great detail, but doesn't have that sharp digital presentation.

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:26 PM Post #563 of 733
I use a Sound Devices pro recorder to create HD digital recordings from favorite records on my Linn LP12. They sound amazing on the Chord Hugo>UERM or HD800. You would get more bass slam out of something like the JHAudio Roxanne. 
You should try to attend a head-fi meet up. I'm sure you'll find something you like.
I'd like to do that, but my ex took all my LP"s. Good suggestion about the meet up. My friend is an audio engineer and uses the UE ref montitors in the studio and uses model 18's for general listening. But another guy I know whose a record collector-dealer thinks the JH Audio 16 sounds best.

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:28 PM Post #564 of 733
You are looking for a headphone with a warm signature, I would think - something with an analogue sound - The custom that I have that sounds the most "vinyl" would be my HA 8A's - they have a smooth and warm signature - still has great detail, but doesn't have that sharp digital presentation.
Yes, that's what I'm going for. Who makes the HA8a?

Jun 5, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #565 of 733
Jun 30, 2014 at 8:17 PM Post #566 of 733
I noticed in several threads that the JH Audio products get tagged but the UERM rarely do. I think there's a perception that these CIEMs aren't as popular as they really are because nobody ever tags them in threads. 

Jun 30, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #567 of 733
I noticed in several threads that the JH Audio products get tagged but the UERM rarely do. I think there's a perception that these CIEMs aren't as popular as they really are because nobody ever tags them in threads. 

Rather, they are so good that nobody bother to post much because they are too occupied with listening to the UERM :)

Jul 1, 2014 at 7:44 PM Post #569 of 733
Yep, it happens...for me it occurred (after a lot of use) where the cables rub up against my ears or neck constantly.

I don't mind the green color, but now I use a voice cable and all voice cables are black. 
tongue.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back