Ultimate ears HiFi 10 VS Klipsch Image X5 VS Vsonic GR07 R07 VS Etymotic Research HF5
Jun 5, 2011 at 3:50 AM Post #21 of 23
I'm in an eerily similar position to you actually, and i've just decided on the gr07's.

They just seem like solid all round performers which is exactly what i need. Warmer and more bass than the ety's but with less isolation unfortunatley. faaar less 'love it or hate it' sounding than the dba-02's for noobs like us who don't know what we're looking for   
tongue.gif

An amp isn't necessary but i hear they scale quite well if you choose to use one later. 

Jun 5, 2011 at 6:49 AM Post #22 of 23
My first post after being a lurker for months! I have owned both the TF10 and GR07 and sold off the former after a few days listening to the GR07.

I do like TF10's soundstage and sound signature, good bass and bright treble, but somehow I got tired of it just after a week or so and decided to buy GR07 and try it out. It does have a neutral sound which I prefer more, the fun thing about this pair of IEM is that I could hear the layers of sound whenever I want, something I would tend to do from time to time.

In the end I sold my TF10 in favor of GR07 after doing hours of comparison listening to both. Both earphones fit well in my ears so in the end it is just a pure comparison of the sound, although i would prefer wearing GR07 more since they will just disappear in my ears
etysmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back