Ultimate Ears Airline Noise Attenuator
Sep 13, 2011 at 5:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

wilzc

1000+ Head-Fier
Just out of curiosity, does anybody know the specific impedance of the attenuator from the Triple.Fi package. My DIY dual L4562 amp are rather powerful and not ideal for some sensitive IEMs and headphones and I was using the airline attenuator to reduce this sensitivity so that a single nick on the volume pot/knob wont blow my eardrums away.

ps: Also, my attenuator might be defective..  plugging the 3.5mm jack all the way in gets me messed up audio whilst leaving them about 2mm out gets me normal signal. Maybe the attenuators are built for TRS plugs and not TRRS 

Sep 13, 2011 at 8:47 AM Post #2 of 6
UE airline adapter is 100ohm. You can get a decent 75ohm adapter from eBay for less than $20, just search 'Etymotic P to S adapter'. Most of the eBay seller also offer different ohm as well.

Apr 18, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #4 of 6

Quote:
UE airline adapter is 100ohm. You can get a decent 75ohm adapter from eBay for less than $20, just search 'Etymotic P to S adapter'. Most of the eBay seller also offer different ohm as well.

I have a UE attenuator and am using it with my O2 and Etymotic HF5s for a smoother sound. If i go on ebay and get a resistor will it be off any better quality or shall i just be happy with the UE one? I mean it sound smoother for sure!

Apr 18, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #5 of 6
I have a UE attenuator and am using it with my O2 and Etymotic HF5s for a smoother sound. If i go on ebay and get a resistor will it be off any better quality or shall i just be happy with the UE one? I mean it sound smoother for sure!

If you are ordering an 100 ohm adapter from eBay then I doubt there will be significant difference between it and the UE attunator. But the real key is to find the right impedance that will give the best sound for HF5, which I have no idea what number it is. You will have to experiment with different number to find it yourself.

Apr 18, 2012 at 11:15 PM Post #6 of 6

If you are ordering an 100 ohm adapter from eBay then I doubt there will be significant difference between it and the UE attunator. But the real key is to find the right impedance that will give the best sound for HF5, which I have no idea what number it is. You will have to experiment with different number to find it yourself.

Okay! Thanks a lot! I might give a 75ohm adapter a go or just be happy with 100!ohm adapter for the time I'll use them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back