Ultimate Ears 700
Apr 14, 2009 at 3:39 PM Post #6 of 110
they look tiny. Good direction for UE to make smaller BAs.

Apr 14, 2009 at 3:50 PM Post #7 of 110
Definitely CK100/Q-Jay-ish.

I know they've already used the similar design for the new Super fi 4's, but dunno... the design just doesn't seem UE... the frankenphone design is part of what made UE what it is to me, although there were obviously fitting and comfort issues with that. The brand identity just doesn't seem to be there anymore in that sense, but this is mindless rambling so ignore that completely.
smily_headphones1.gif
In reality it is good for them to move on to more fashion/comfort conscious design.

Curious on how these will sound. Good move though, because UE needed to throw another product out there to gain people's attention again, as interest in their products seemed to be fizzing a bit lately (at least here in Head-fi).

Apr 14, 2009 at 4:14 PM Post #8 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by K_19 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Definitely CK100/Q-Jay-ish.

I know they've already used the similar design for the new Super fi 4's, but dunno... the design just doesn't seem UE... the frankenphone design is part of what made UE what it is to me, although there were obviously fitting and comfort issues with that. The brand identity just doesn't seem to be there anymore in that sense, but this is mindless rambling so ignore that completely.
smily_headphones1.gif
In reality it is good for them to move on to more fashion/comfort conscious design.

I was kind of thinking the same thing. The new ones don't look like UE's, just logitech's with a fancy badge. I'm sure they're still going to sound great.

I'm curious now about the super Fi 5's, are they going to replace them with UE500's, or are the 700's their replacement?

Apr 14, 2009 at 5:03 PM Post #10 of 110
Not tooo crazy with the design
looks q-jayish IMO

However i wonder how UE is going to compete with with other IEM manufacturers catering to the higher-end consumers.

As can be seen from westone. They r realeasing newer products whereas UE is juz releasing a newer dual BA?? Well, IMO how is UE going to rival Westone with this new product.

Well it still maybe still tooo premature to past judgements.
redface.gif

Apr 14, 2009 at 5:37 PM Post #11 of 110
Quote:

Originally Posted by ottoyu34 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Looks nice imo.

I'll agree on that, but I think what me and K 19 were saying was that they don't look very "Ultimate ears" ish, if you get me. Losing out on the removable cable is a bad thing too.

Apr 14, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #14 of 110
the 700 seems to go even deeper than the sf5p with the same upper end in terms of freq. response. would this actually be the replacement of that?

too bad they had gimped on the UE silver case down to a grey plastic...

with the new 700 placing above sf5p in the index page, does that show it is a "better"(i use this word loosely) product?

i can see UE is switching their design with sf4/sf5 and the new 700 model, but the switch also "lower" the status of their headphone as well; while stylus(much more), it doesn't look "pro" enough to me.

side note: it is difficult to hear a sound at 20Hz alone already, 10? i wouldn't be bothered...

Apr 14, 2009 at 7:53 PM Post #15 of 110
The following is baseless speculation:

I think the whole Ultimate Ears lineup is going through an extensive reshuffling, starting with the MetroFi 170 and 220. The SuperFi 5 may be renamed the UE 500, and this new UE 700 will slot above it. The SuperFi 4 could also be changed to the UE 400. The SuperFi 3 and the 5 pro will probably be discontinued, the former either being replaced by a new model or one of the MetroFis (new or existing), the latter by this new UE 700. The TripleFi should be safe for now...

/baseless speculation

Users who are viewing this thread

Back