Ultimate Ears 600 impressions thread
Jan 19, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #76 of 90
  Mine broke where the cables go over the ears. I tried attaching a picture, but I guess my account doesn't have permissions to do that. You could use Sugru (sugru.com) or something like that to reinforce weak points. You could also over-the-ear guides to reinforce the part of the cable that goes over your ears.

Feb 10, 2015 at 3:57 PM Post #77 of 90

Thought I'd share my portable rig with you guys. Amazon has a nice small electronics case for $10.50.

Mar 19, 2015 at 11:39 PM Post #78 of 90
I had a pair of these amazing iem. IMO they are are good value for money iem with an good sound signature at their price point. Their durability is subjective. For me,  I generally try to take good care of them but they can sure take 1 hell of a beating. They lasted nearly 3 years for me and they have survived about 3 accidental trips to a wash machine and numerous accidental pulls and thugs. Had an amazing 3 years with them and had no regrets with these solid iems.

Mar 20, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #79 of 90
  I had a pair of these amazing iem. IMO they are are good value for money iem with an good sound signature at their price point. Their durability is subjective. For me,  I generally try to take good care of them but they can sure take 1 hell of a beating. They lasted nearly 3 years for me and they have survived about 3 accidental trips to a wash machine and numerous accidental pulls and thugs. Had an amazing 3 years with them and had no regrets with these solid iems.

They are a pair of amazing earphones for the price(50-80$now), the sound is comparable to the KlipschX10 and they are the first earphones i purchased that made me venture into headfi and the audio world. 
smile.gif

Mar 20, 2015 at 11:00 AM Post #80 of 90
  They are a pair of amazing earphones for the price(50-80$now), the sound is comparable to the KlipschX10 and they are the first earphones i purchased that made me venture into headfi and the audio world. 
smile.gif

Same here, I had no clue what I was missing until I bought a pair of these a couple years ago. Unfortunately, they were stolen out of my car with some other electronics about a month ago, but I just ordered a new pair on eBay for $30. Can't wait to get them back!

Mar 20, 2015 at 11:31 AM Post #82 of 90
I agree, I moved to Havi B3 Pro 1's which are amazing. I repurchased the UE600's with a mic so I could use them with my phone when it's more convenient as apposed to my normal portable rig: FiiO X1 -> Topping NX1 -> Havi B3P1

Mar 20, 2015 at 12:05 PM Post #83 of 90
  Yea, good times with them. However when and if you do plan to upgrade from these, You will be stepping into a whole new world of sound.

Currently using the XBA-A3s which can be consider as high-mid end earphone quality, i find my wallet to be rather empty after lurking and joining headfi and experimenting various earphones... 
redface.gif

Dec 8, 2016 at 4:15 AM Post #85 of 90
I've had UE 600vi (idk what the vi means) for 3 years now but the cable is breaking after the (supposed) strain reliefs at the headphone. Also the cable has become stiff and unflexible at the 15cm from the headphone. I read this is because of poor cable material choice that deteriorates with natural skin grease. I've been using them around ear and the cable in that part can't be straightened anymore (or it would break).

But I'm considering buying another pair because they are just so good. It's just a shame that the build quality isn't that good. And they are very expensive to buy in europe (high shipping and/or import costs) because almost no place sells them anymore. It would be around 90-100€ in total for me. That's why I'd like to ask other UE 600 owners if there are any similar earbuds?

In my exprerience in other headphones things sound more distant, they have some sounds override others and so you aren't able to hear single instruments as well. But with UE 600 at the same time everything is very crisp, accurate and uncluttered while being warm, smooth and laid back which allows higher volume without any part being harsh or giving fatigue. Those things would seem to contradict each other but not in these. I'm afraid no other reasonably priced earbuds have this kind of sound.

I read about dynamic vs armature drivers, so seems like armature fits my taste better. Even though these headphones don't have very deep bass it doesn't bother me that much. Most headphones are too V shaped with recessed mids, boomy bass and aggressive highs. Also, the nozzle should be as long as possible because my other ear canal is weird so that the silicon tip should go quite deep to get seal. Which is another good thing about the UE 600.

Based on other reviews, you probably can't get as clear sound in this price range (around 100€) which is why I'm most likely getting another pair of these. But IF you have come across something similar or better, let me know.

Dec 8, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #86 of 90
The Brainwavz B100 might be something that will interest you. Have had a pre-release model for about a week now and I've been enjoying it quite a lot. Much more than the UE600. It definitely feels like a step up. Cleaner sound, improved detail, amazing imaging, and really good bass extension for a BA. Worth a look. I am sure reviews be trickling out over the coming weeks.

Dec 13, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #90 of 90
I have a problem with my left ear canal, it's quite large and weird shaped so that it's very hard to get seal. UE 600 are the only ones where I can always get good seal and it stays even if I move my jaw. I'm using the second largest silicon tips (the comply foam tips that came with it weren't as good nor comfortable). The largest tip wouldn't be overkill but I want to use same size tips on both ears. But the reasons for the good seal I think is because the tips are large and soft, most tips are pretty inflexible. Also the long nozzles help inserting it deep and comfortable.

Now my concern about the B100/150 are that the nozzle is thin and quite short (many earbuds seem to have it even shorter though). I don't know if there could be large and flexible enough silicon tips for it, that would give as good seal and comfort as the UE 600. It's not like I could buy these and switch back to UE 600 if it didn't fit, my current ones are breaking so I have to decide what to buy. If there are any balanced armature earbuds that would fit my ear better, feel free to recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back