UK Meet (UPDATED!) - Saturday November 7th 2009
Oct 11, 2009 at 1:02 PM Post #230 of 398
Guys, a few people have mentioned we should have a raffle. Sounds like a great idea so I'm on the scrounge for any item donations. I'm sure I can find a thing or two...I'm thinking of pitching in my hardly used Sennheiser PX-200s for one. A grand prize of something like an airline ticket to Canjam 2010 was mentioned. What does everyone think about that? Any other ideas? Obviously we'd need to sell a fair few tickets to fund something like that, but it could be viable. Of course, there's always the option of donating proceeds to HeadFi. Any other suggestions greatly received, and in the meantime I'm going to scrounge for more prizes where I can :)

Oct 12, 2009 at 5:47 AM Post #233 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by pedalhead /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well it's the great level of interest that's making it all possible. Less than a month to go now chaps!

OMG ... I must get my hair done
evil_smiley.gif

Oct 12, 2009 at 6:46 PM Post #235 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by BigTony /img/forum/go_quote.gif
OMG ... I must get my hair done
evil_smiley.gif

haha ask them to go easy on the gel...does not mix well with headphones
jecklinsmile.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If it's not too late, may I place a tentative 'yes' to showing up?

Kit list will depend, but will almost certainly include Havana as source and SP Supra XLR as amp.

Cheers,

Wai

No problem Wai, welcome aboard. I'll add you to the list.

Oct 13, 2009 at 12:45 PM Post #236 of 398
Had a dream last night I turned up to the meet without my amps or cd player!

More worrying is I still brought the wife
confused_face_2.gif

John

Oct 13, 2009 at 1:16 PM Post #237 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by seroxatmad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Had a dream last night I turned up to the meet without my amps or cd player!

More worrying is I still brought the wife
confused_face_2.gif

John

It's not THAT kind of meet!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Oct 13, 2009 at 2:01 PM Post #238 of 398
So I've been thinking about getting a basic but nice CD source for times when I want to get all retro & spin a CD. To that end, I've ordered a Little Dot CDP_1 transport, which I am assured will be here in time for the meet. There doesn't appear to be much out there on the interweb about this little transport, so it'll be interesting to give it a spin.

Oct 13, 2009 at 2:33 PM Post #239 of 398
As I would always ask, anyone travelling from Bristol?

I have Benchmark DAC1, Squeezebox 3 powered by S11, 4ch Beta22 w/ JT-Attenuator w/ dual S22, balanced HD600.

If anyone is driving, should we travel together? 7th Nov is a great time because I would've just had my exams. Drop me a PM if you are travelling from Bristol and wouldn't mind splitting the costs of travel.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back