UK Meet (UPDATED!) - Saturday November 7th 2009
Oct 1, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #196 of 398
Hi Guys just seen the thread. Been an audio junky for, lets see - 1st year at med school now 41 that's 23 years and a few months. I live in the centre of Manchester. My home system is a Naim cd555 NAC552 and NAP300 with Headline amp powered by Hicap power supply. Last year managed to buy a pair of Grado GS1000 while on a trip to New York not 100% happy with them been wondering if I have run them in sufficiently or whether they just don't suit the Naim stuff (although many rave about the combo on the naim forum). Have always dreamed of attending this exact sort of meet but never found one before. Would love to attend and bring my GS1000 although I note that they are already represented I would be keen to find out whether mine sound OK in comparison. Also keen to just hear as many great headphones as poss esp. the Sennheier HD 800's. Won't be able to bring the front end though could bring the hicapand headline amp.
Regards Abi.

Oct 2, 2009 at 6:59 AM Post #197 of 398
Would love to hear the naim headamp...

Been into DIY I am curious also to whats inside, esp as they arnt to cheap.

John

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:11 AM Post #198 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sceptre /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Then put the car in the raffle !

That'll be two cars then, the Alfa and yours! I'll buy two tickets and probably get my iGrados back :frowning2:

Sceptre

haha
biggrin.gif

Oct 2, 2009 at 8:15 AM Post #199 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiorocket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Guys just seen the thread. Been an audio junky for, lets see - 1st year at med school now 41 that's 23 years and a few months. I live in the centre of Manchester. My home system is a Naim cd555 NAC552 and NAP300 with Headline amp powered by Hicap power supply. Last year managed to buy a pair of Grado GS1000 while on a trip to New York not 100% happy with them been wondering if I have run them in sufficiently or whether they just don't suit the Naim stuff (although many rave about the combo on the naim forum). Have always dreamed of attending this exact sort of meet but never found one before. Would love to attend and bring my GS1000 although I note that they are already represented I would be keen to find out whether mine sound OK in comparison. Also keen to just hear as many great headphones as poss esp. the Sennheier HD 800's. Won't be able to bring the front end though could bring the hicapand headline amp.
Regards Abi.

I actually just sold my Headline & isupply, but would be very interested to hear how one sounds with a good power supply. I sold mine as I wanted to go balanced, but would have been looking at a new psu if I'd kept it.

Abi - you have a PM

Oct 3, 2009 at 3:17 PM Post #201 of 398
Quote:

Originally Posted by audiorocket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey still not sure if I know how to reply to PM pedalhead but tried to send you a reply by PM yesterday. wonder if it got through else you may need to to show mw how PM works.

Regards Abi.

Hi Abi. It's all good, just that I'm looking after the kids on my own this weekend so interweb time is more limited than usual
normal_smile .gif

Oct 4, 2009 at 10:41 AM Post #204 of 398
I have thought of a way of brining the whole shebang (that is the first line of the sig minus the iMac), maybe, just because I think everyone deserves a listen of the S30 bookshelfs as they are surprisingly good for the money. Dependent on room of course as I would much rather listen to nice headphone amps

Oct 4, 2009 at 12:25 PM Post #205 of 398
Bringing speakers to a busy headphone meet is a bad idea, ambient noise will be bad enough of a problem just with chit chat and moving around.

Oct 7, 2009 at 7:08 PM Post #207 of 398
Hey guys - just found out that I won't be able to attend as I planned. My wife is having her first ultrasound on the Saturday and I'll have to be there to watch my son and participate. This really sucks, but I'm afraid I have no alternative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back