UK Meet:Don't worry (Not London)
Feb 23, 2005 at 11:04 PM Post #226 of 257
I'm really looking forward to this meet!

I just hope the snow clears before Sunday!

Feb 23, 2005 at 11:25 PM Post #227 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd
If it's the PC 3pin type (IEC) I can bring a few.

That would be great, thanks Steve

Quote:

Originally Posted by noir
i'm sorry guys, guess i can't make it to the meet. i'd have loved to come, but several factors (not finding an hotel, driving 300km to airport through the snowstorms) didn't ease the decision.
Again, i'm sorry, and i hope to make it for the next one

Sorry you could not make it, look forward to meeeting you next time. Will make sure it is in the summer
cool.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrJoshua
I just hope the snow clears before Sunday!

10 day weather reckons its rain tomorrow, then clear Saturday and Sunday
wink.gif

Feb 24, 2005 at 1:50 PM Post #229 of 257
Hi,

Not really happy with my dealer here. They sent me a pair of HD-595 120 Ohm when I asked for 50 Ohms (It seems like Sennheiser is saying that only the box is wrong. I'm not that sure and I'll wait for a new one with the right box). So I'm afraid I won't be able to bring the 595
mad.gif
At least I bought a new pair of Grado SR-225 (intensive burning-in at the moment) that I will bring with me as well.

I received a mail from my dealer saying that my miniDAC was not included in the last delivery from Apogee, so I won't have it on time. However, they are trying to get me a demo unit for the meeting. Let's see what happens. I'm quite upset about all this.

CU in a few days. Cheers,

Feb 24, 2005 at 2:04 PM Post #230 of 257
I've just had confirmation that my Sharp MD33s have arrived at my home in woking so I shall be bringing them along for those who are interested. Make sure your ears are squeeky clean
icon10.gif

Looking forward to meeting everyone.

Feb 24, 2005 at 8:00 PM Post #231 of 257
Regarding the Apogee it seems like my dealer is doing a great job. The one to blame is Apogee but my dealer was doing quite a lot of calls this afternoon and he did find a brand new one somewhere. I could have it delivered here on Saturday but I can't wait. I'm going to collect it tomorrow. I have to go to London, but I don't care.
biggrin.gif

Sorry you couldn't make it, noir. I was thinking about a Benchmark / BellCanto / Apogee DAC test. Next time then.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thumbs up for my dealer on this, then.

Cheers.

Feb 24, 2005 at 8:09 PM Post #232 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad
Regarding the Apogee it seems like my dealer is doing a great job. The one to blame is Apogee but my dealer was doing quite a lot of calls this afternoon and he did find a brand new one somewhere. I could have it delivered here on Saturday but I can't wait. I'm going to collect it tomorrow. I have to go to London, but I don't care.
biggrin.gif

Sorry you couldn't make it, noir. I was thinking about a Benchmark / BellCanto / Apogee DAC test. Next time then.
smily_headphones1.gif

Thumbs up for my dealer on this, then.

Cheers.

Javier

I admire you commitment to the cause
icon10.gif
really good news about the Apogee look forward to hearing it on Sunday
cool.gif

Kirk

Feb 24, 2005 at 8:34 PM Post #233 of 257
So... Will everyone be wearing a sticky label on their chest saying "Hi My Name Is..."?

I'm rubbish with names, so I thought I'd warn you all in advance!

Feb 24, 2005 at 9:25 PM Post #234 of 257
Quote:

So... Will everyone be wearing a sticky label on their chest saying "Hi My Name Is..."?

Name tags... what a great idea! I would make things a little simpler but it would remind me of AA (audiophiles anomynous)
blink.gif

"hi - my name is viper_45 and i've been battling upgraditus for 18 months..."

Feb 24, 2005 at 10:16 PM Post #235 of 257
I still can't confirm. This is going to be pretty last-minute. Even if I can't come, I'll hand over the Omega II, ATH-W2002 and few other bits & bobs to jatinder. There'll also be an E5 with lots of foamies. Do sit down with it for a while... Don't directly A-B with the Etys.

I'll also be providing a Shure E3c as a door raffle prize or whatever, towards Captain's to-and-fro shipping costs. Once again if I can't come, I'll give this to jatinder to take.

Feb 25, 2005 at 11:04 AM Post #236 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
I still can't confirm. This is going to be pretty last-minute. Even if I can't come, I'll hand over the Omega II, ATH-W2002 and few other bits & bobs to jatinder. There'll also be an E5 with lots of foamies. Do sit down with it for a while... Don't directly A-B with the Etys.

bangraman,

I hope you can make it
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

I'll also be providing a Shure E3c as a door raffle prize or whatever, towards Captain's to-and-fro shipping costs. Once again if I can't come, I'll give this to jatinder to take.

That's a great idea, and extremely generous! Thank you
smily_headphones1.gif

Dave.

Feb 25, 2005 at 2:23 PM Post #237 of 257
Does any body want to use my computer, if so will set it up down stairs. Has a not so good sound card, but if you bring your own no problem installing as I have a Chieftec enclosure, so swing door and screw less clip in.

Kirk

Feb 25, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #238 of 257
I'll be bringing an unmodded M-Audio Transit and it's brother the Sonica Theater which are both USB. And a cheapo USB one which uses the inbuilt Windows drivers if anyone wants to play.

Have you got Foobar or Winamp on that PC?

Feb 25, 2005 at 5:15 PM Post #239 of 257
Quote:

lol... probably not a good idea...

I don't want to KNOW who i'm banning
wink.gif

Just joking... lol, I think it would be handy to know who is who.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back