UK Meet:Don't worry (Not London)
Feb 19, 2005 at 5:05 PM Post #211 of 257
Hello everyone.

I haven't confirmed whether I can come. Even if I can't it's still my intention to give one of the guys going some stuff to take over. I'd just like to know if anyone is interested in checking out the Slim Devices Squeezebox... as I'd have to set up the laptop with it. It can be DACed, if Captain's already planning layouts.

Feb 20, 2005 at 11:59 AM Post #212 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
I'd just like to know if anyone is interested in checking out the Slim Devices Squeezebox... as I'd have to set up the laptop with it.

Yes please! I'd love to hear the Squeezebox, but if it's going to be a lot of trouble setting up the laptop, don't worry.

Cheers,
Jonathan.

Feb 20, 2005 at 2:22 PM Post #213 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by bangraman
Hello everyone.

I haven't confirmed whether I can come. Even if I can't it's still my intention to give one of the guys going some stuff to take over. I'd just like to know if anyone is interested in checking out the Slim Devices Squeezebox... as I'd have to set up the laptop with it. It can be DACed, if Captain's already planning layouts.

Pretty flexible with the DAC I am sure it will move around a bit.

Feb 20, 2005 at 3:01 PM Post #214 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonathan Griffin
As PinkFloyd can't make it to the meet (Sorry you won't be there Mike - hope to meet you at the next one), I'll bring along a Chiarra, an example of his handiwork. It's a very nice little amp, and quite a different sound from the WNA.

Cheers,
Jonathan.

Cheers Jonathan,

Your Chiarra is the best one I ever made with ANSAR supersounds, ELNA Silmics, OPA627's on Browndogs I'm sure it'll be very well received.

Hope you all have a great day!

Mike.

Feb 20, 2005 at 6:31 PM Post #215 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd

Hope you all have a great day!

Mike.

Mike will be sending down the WNA Mkll
600smile.gif

Thanks mate

Feb 20, 2005 at 8:06 PM Post #216 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain
Mike will be sending down the WNA Mkll
600smile.gif

Thanks mate

The least I could do... I may not be able to make the meet but I'll send my MKll down as a surrogate pinkie
tongue.gif

All the best.

Mike.

Feb 21, 2005 at 8:12 PM Post #218 of 257
Wow, that was a quick delivery
eek.gif

Looking good Captain
biggrin.gif

Feb 21, 2005 at 10:01 PM Post #220 of 257
I'll send my WNA MKll on Wednesday for before 1pm delivery on Thursday Kirk. I've sprinkled some cerafine dust under the bonnet (ELNA cerafines) and am giving them 48 hours to charge up...... the cascode to WNA adaptor should be with you tomorrow...

I think you'll like what you hear Kirk
wink.gif

Mike.

Feb 21, 2005 at 10:10 PM Post #221 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by PinkFloyd
I'll send my WNA MKll on Wednesday for before 1pm delivery on Thursday Kirk. I've sprinkled some cerafine dust under the bonnet (ELNA cerafines) and am giving them 48 hours to charge up...... the cascode to WNA adaptor should be with you tomorrow...

I think you'll like what you hear Kirk
wink.gif

Mike.

Thanks Mike really looking forward to hearing the MKII.

Kirk

Feb 21, 2005 at 11:38 PM Post #222 of 257
Just sorted a pretty good set up for Sunday. As the Benchmark DAC-1 has both balanced and RCA out put, you can have both the Blockhead and the HeadRoom Max playing exactly the same thing at the same time. Now put the balance RS-1's in the BH and the PS-1's into the max and you can swap headphones as you please and get a spot on comparison between both set ups. I am very interested to hear peoples impressions
wink.gif
. Both the Max and the BH have stepped attenuator so volume control is also well matched, as well as the Grado sound.

Feb 23, 2005 at 4:58 PM Post #224 of 257
If it's the PC 3pin type (IEC) I can bring a few.

Feb 23, 2005 at 7:22 PM Post #225 of 257
i'm sorry guys, guess i can't make it to the meet. i'd have loved to come, but several factors (not finding an hotel, driving 300km to airport through the snowstorms) didn't ease the decision.
Again, i'm sorry, and i hope to make it for the next one

Users who are viewing this thread

Back