UK Meet:Don't worry (Not London)
Feb 13, 2005 at 5:11 PM Post #196 of 257
Oh man, just noticed this thread. I'm in London and might've been able to bring along some nice sources (I've got a Trivista 21 DAC, and a Scheu Premier mk2 turntable with lots of quality vinyl), but alas I fly out to Australia just after the 27th, and all my stuff will be shipped off in crates by then
frown.gif

..enjoy your meet guys...sounds like it'll be a good day!

Feb 13, 2005 at 5:21 PM Post #197 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by drminky
Oh man, just noticed this thread. I'm in London and might've been able to bring along some nice sources (I've got a Trivista 21 DAC, and a Scheu Premier mk2 turntable with lots of quality vinyl), but alas I fly out to Australia just after the 27th, and all my stuff will be shipped off in crates by then
frown.gif

..enjoy your meet guys...sounds like it'll be a good day!

If I understand people around here, I'm pretty sure that doesn't mean you can't join us this time if you want, drminky. It will be fun. You can bring something next time.

If you don't like to come without gear I can send you my Apple Earbuds to you, so you can bring something. Don't worry, they are still sealed. No ear wax at all. I promise.
wink.gif

Cheers

Feb 13, 2005 at 5:25 PM Post #198 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duncan
Will be good to see you there Javier
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm sort of getting tempted to take along the Philips HP890s with me now, whilst I know that they'll be minnows in a sea of whales... I dunno... I'm kind of liking them again these days.

Thanks Duncan
smily_headphones1.gif

I can try to borrow a pair of Bose from a colleague at work and bring them there, so your Philips HP890s will look much better.
icon10.gif

Feb 14, 2005 at 6:33 PM Post #199 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nomad
Hi all,

Kirk just sent me a message right now, after reading a post of mine saying I was living in UK at this moment, and he did let me know about this meeting.

I'll be there. It's a shame I'm still moving/unpacking stuff around and I won't be able to bring much (specially software-wise. Most part of my CDs are still in Spain. Some gear too). Besides I just decided to go for the combo DAC-1 -> Zu XLR -> HD 650, but I didn't buy it yet (I'll wait for the meeting in order to hear the DAC)

I'll gladly help with the postage (Headroom, etc) and with supplies (drink, food not competing with the host, and assorted electrical stuff).

I'm living in Reading and I can pick people up around the area (only one as I have a coupe, 3 in an emergency, with space for gear too)

I can bring Apple Ibook + Airport Extreme for lossless, bit-perfect source for dacs like the Benchmark. I can bring another IBM Thinkpad laptop if required (Horrible soundcard, but useful if someone has a good one or for an Apogee minidac usb or similar)

As for portable sources, an Ipod 1G 10 GB (lossless/320) and an Ipod Shuffle 1GB (320). I gave my 3G 40GB to my brother (thinking about Photo). I don't think the Xin SuperMacro will be ready by then (sent for OpAmp swap).

Headphones:
I can bring a brand new 650 I plan to buy (the one intended for my combo) but it won't be burnt at all, and there will be several of them, so maybe there is no point.
However, I will order right now the Zu-Mobius XLR so we can try it with the DAC-1 and some 650. It can be interesting to see if the combo is that good. Shame the cable won't be burnt.
I'm waiting for my local dealer in Reading, as he is trying to get me a HD 595 (50 Ohm version, he only has the 120 one in stock). I'll bring the 595 if I can get it on time. They won't be properly burnt, though.
I can bring Grados SR80 with bowls and flats. My flats are quite damaged but 2 new pairs are on his way from Todd, so they should be here on time.
I sent back the K501 to my brother last week (to be replaced for the 650) but he is coming again soon so I can ask him to bring the K501, the iPod 3G and my old HD580 (however I think is comming after the meeting. I'll check it)
I can bring Ettys ER4p and ER6i. Some Senn PX-100 too.
Junk like AppleEarbuds (still sealed), B&O A8 and Sony EX71 or G72, anyone?
biggrin.gif

Apart from 8, all my CD collection is coming this Easter. I only have here around 20 GBs (320 and lossless). A shame as I have some rare, good stuff there. As you can see most of my stuff is "on his way" or "abroad" etc. Shame. Maybe next time.

Sorry about the lenght. Too many "If"s. Looking forward to it. It will be good to listen new gear. It will be even better to meet new people who share the same passion.

Kind regards,

Javier

Javier,

I've updated the kit list - could you check to make sure I've got it right?

Feb 16, 2005 at 12:35 AM Post #200 of 257
I think I have PM'ed every body regarding sending out my address, if I have missed any body out PM me and I will get the info to you.

If any body else has just joined this thread and are interested in coming along on the 27th of February, let me know and I will also get the info out to you.

Headroom up date

- Total AirHead
- Total BitHead
- beyer DT880 with Cardas upgrade cable
- Coda amp
- Overture DAC
- BlockHead
- BlockHead interconnects, power cords, etc
- Senn HD650's with Cardas upgrade cable AND Cardas cable for BlockHead
- Grado RS1's for BlockHead

Ivy has asked if any body would like to listen to the Max, Maxed Out Home, or Cosmic as they can be sent along also.

Thanks

Kirk

Feb 16, 2005 at 1:04 AM Post #201 of 257
Small point but is it necessary to send Senn 650s from headroom, would we not have enough present already?

There may even be a buyer for the cable to save sending that back, saves shipping
biggrin.gif
Just make sure it's all priced
eek.gif

As long as that's OK with Headroom of course.

Steve

Feb 16, 2005 at 2:15 AM Post #202 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by StevieDvd
Small point but is it necessary to send Senn 650s from headroom, would we not have enough present already?

There may even be a buyer for the cable to save sending that back, saves shipping
biggrin.gif
Just make sure it's all priced
eek.gif

As long as that's OK with Headroom of course.

Steve

Good point
rolleyes.gif
Have asked
wink.gif

Feb 16, 2005 at 10:44 AM Post #204 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by jatinder
Will the Blockhead come with an adaptor so that we can connect our non-balanced (normal) headphones?

--Jatinder

Have asked will let you know.

Kirk

Feb 17, 2005 at 9:33 AM Post #207 of 257
Quote:

Originally Posted by jatinder
Oh well, never mind.

BTW, what time is the meet scheduled to start?

--Jatinder

Start at 12 o'clock, finish when it finishes as the Wife and daughter have run off till Monday.

Kirk

Feb 17, 2005 at 6:24 PM Post #208 of 257
Ok. My brother won't arrive on time so let's forget about my AKG 501, Senn 580, iPod 3G 40 GB, and Sony PCDP with optical output. The portable amp. SuperMacro won't be on time either.

Now the new toys:

- Apogee MiniDAC USB. It will be great to compare it against the Benchmark DAC-1 of Captain.
- Senn HD 595 (New version of 50 Ohm): Quite polemic around here (good? bad?)
- Senn HD 650 (but probably not on time, however we have several of those, so no big deal)

So my updated list:

Apogee MiniDAC USB (Coming from Germany around 23-24)
Zu Mobius XLR for MiniDAC and DAC-1
HD 650 (Not on time with my usual Dealer. But I can change Dealer if we really need one more. Let me know)
HD 595 (50 Ohm new version)
Grado SR 80 (Bowls after a friend's dog destroying my Flats and almost the Grados)
2 Pairs of Flat Pads (Still waiting after two weeks. I hope they wil be on time)
Ettys ER6i
Ettys ER4p
Senn PX100
Sony EX71
B&O A8
Apple Earbuds!!!
Apple iBook laptop
IBM Thinkpad T32 laptop
Airport Express BaseStation Optical digital output.
Ipod Shuffle (320bps) 1GB
Ipod 1G (Lossless, 320bps) 10 GB
cables, adaptors, toslink, etc

I'll bring some softdrinks for drivers like me. Several bottles of 2 litres: (2 Coke, 1 Diet Coke, 1 Fanta Fruit twist and 1 Sprite?).
I'll bring some Godiva chocolats too, easy to handle in the afternoon while testing gear.

Looking forward to meeting you all soon!
smily_headphones1.gif

Javier

Feb 19, 2005 at 11:11 AM Post #209 of 257
As PinkFloyd can't make it to the meet (Sorry you won't be there Mike - hope to meet you at the next one), I'll bring along a Chiarra, an example of his handiwork. It's a very nice little amp, and quite a different sound from the WNA.

Cheers,
Jonathan.

Feb 19, 2005 at 2:29 PM Post #210 of 257
Ivy has sent out the package should be with me about Wednesday. Final list.

Sennheiser HD 650

Sennheiser Cardas cable (4 ft) (sorry, 4 ft was the ONLY length we have right now)

Sennheiser Cardas cable balanced for BlockHead

Beyerdynamic DT880 with Cardas upgrade cable

Beyerdynamic DT880 with Cardas balanced for BlockHead

Grado RS1’s with balanced cables for BlockHead

BlockHead

Interconnects

Total AirHead

Total BitHead

HeadRoom Coda Amp (Overture DAC did not make it L )

HeadRoom Max amp.

I went for the Senns in the end more on a selfish reason as I will have the Blockhead to my self for a week. No power cords are coming as Headroom do not have any UK standards, but I am sure we can sort them out

Will keep you posted.

Kirk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back