UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April)
Apr 22, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #886 of 981
Please include me as well. Still trying to decide what to bring, but will update this posting.

Apr 22, 2015 at 5:41 PM Post #888 of 981
Opps... Good job I checked had this down as Sunday...Saturday it is then..
Really looking forward to this, so many questions about gear, whats best for me to get, terms people used different equipment etc etc.. as a complete newcomer this is an ideal oppurtunity to get answers to all my questions from people with more knowledge than me..

Apr 22, 2015 at 6:00 PM Post #889 of 981
Come on, spill the beans as we're dying to know!
L3000.gif

They were sponsored by Sennheiser. Jude drew my number for the top prize of the day at the Head-Fi meet April 2013 at Hotel Russell, London.
atsmile.gif
Was having a drink with Daniel afterwards.
beerchug.gif

Apr 22, 2015 at 7:03 PM Post #890 of 981
Apr 23, 2015 at 4:10 AM Post #892 of 981
Please obtain your own alcohol swabs if you intend to swap IEMs at the meet. 

Quote:
Will alcohol swabs (for cleaning IEMs) be provided at the meet?

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:17 AM Post #893 of 981
Thanks Trev, I think that we've got things covered. 

Perhaps folks staying at the nearby Travelodge could make this known here and arrange a get together on Friday night?

Quote:
I forgot about wipes that's a really good thought I'll go get some today. Are there any other people coming up the night before? I'm happy to offer my assistance Andy and Mark if there's anything you need a hand with:)
Trev

Apr 23, 2015 at 4:27 AM Post #894 of 981
  Thanks Trev, I think that we've got things covered. 

Perhaps folks staying at the nearby Travelodge could make this known here and arrange a get together on Friday night?

Quote:
I forgot about wipes that's a really good thought I'll go get some today. Are there any other people coming up the night before? I'm happy to offer my assistance Andy and Mark if there's anything you need a hand with:)
Trev

Yep thanks Trev, I think we're pretty much done with the prep (yay!)  

Based on what I packed up last night, I reckon I'll spend at least the first hour on Saturday setting up my gear 
biggrin.gif

My wife & I are staying at the Travelodge on Friday (and Saturday).  I'm smoothing this whole process by taking her to dinner in Cambridge though so may not have time to do anything else on Friday evening.  I do hope some people will be sticking around on Saturday for food/drink later on though.

Apr 23, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #897 of 981
After event soiree:

Who is amenable to attending an informal after meet soiree on Saturday evening? This could be a meal together or just a few drinks in a nearby (to venue) pub.

Speak up!  
beerchug.gif

Apr 23, 2015 at 5:29 AM Post #899 of 981
Most likely up for it myself.

I am also wondering if members are allowed to sell/swap gear at the meet? I am in the middle of downsizing my collection, just thought it'd be nice for others ti hear it firsthand instead of going in blind on the forum for sale posts.

Apr 23, 2015 at 5:30 AM Post #900 of 981

Hi Andy, thanks I thought it was only right as I am otherwise either relaxing with my music or someone else's music or drinking or a combination of all three. I am staying both nights at Cambridge Lolworth so hope to see some of you there before or after. I reckon I will be there for 7pm. I have a 300 mile journey ahead of me but it will be worth every mile I'm sure.
Mark and Andy yes I thought it was a bit sad on the 2 meets at London how we all had to leave fairly quickly so I've no intention of doing that this time. My car is MOT'd I'm on my days off and I've booked a couple of days annual leave for this a long long time ago

Users who are viewing this thread

Back