UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April)
Apr 23, 2015 at 8:18 AM Post #916 of 981
Would love to but unfortunately I'm on a 7am flight to Berlin the next day... Next time!

thats such a shame but we will no doubt meet up during the meet. I did as you suggested so my DX100 is fully restored with wifi and battery. I now use this as my main front end.
I will be definitely up to buy you Mark and your ĺoved ones some drinks on Saturday evening and I shall haveto eat as well and I ddon't know where the eateries are. So can you count me in?
Trev

Apr 23, 2015 at 8:27 AM Post #917 of 981
After the 2012 meet we convened here - http://www.menzieshotels.co.uk/hotels/south-central/cambridge/dining-and-banqueting/ - as it's literally just around the corner from the venue and the restaurant was very nice with good food. There's a bar too. Might require booking though as it's Saturday night. 

Quote:
thats such a shame but we will no doubt meet up during the meet. I did as you suggested so my DX100 is fully restored with wifi and battery. I now use this as my main front end.
I will be definitely up to buy you Mark and your ĺoved ones some drinks on Saturday evening and I shall haveto eat as well and I ddon't know where the eateries are. So can you count me in?
Trev

Apr 23, 2015 at 8:43 AM Post #921 of 981
  Opps... Good job I checked had this down as Sunday...Saturday it is then..
Really looking forward to this, so many questions about gear, whats best for me to get, terms people used different equipment etc etc.. as a complete newcomer this is an ideal oppurtunity to get answers to all my questions from people with more knowledge than me..

You don't need any knowledge , just an honest pair of ears.....

Apr 23, 2015 at 8:44 AM Post #922 of 981
  OK then...Due to popular demand I will be attending the meet with my friend Damian. 
wink.gif

I will bring along my AKG 812, Shure 846, the fantastic VE earbuds, the Zen and Azura, Geek Out 450, Roland MobileUA, and Neco Soundlab V4. 

The alcohol wipes will most certainly be needed if I'm allowed to try out your 846, a big rival to my IE800

Apr 23, 2015 at 9:58 AM Post #924 of 981

I'm staying at Travelodge on Friday and Saturday night. Count me in for getting together on either night. I'll also be wandering around Cambridge with my lady on Sunday. :)

If anyone is arriving late Saturday night at the train station or driving in at say 9pm ish and then heading to Travelodge, is there any chance my preggers wife and I can get a ride or split a taxi to Travelodge?

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:08 AM Post #925 of 981
Trev

good to hear the DX100 is back to fighting fit.  I've taken to using mine more often.  In case you haven't yet put the Russian HDP-r10 firmware on yours,  I have so we can compare and contrast :)

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:17 AM Post #926 of 981
Flogging them off already?!? No likey?
blink.gif

Quote:
  As the topic of buying & selling has cropped up...I'm seriously considering putting my two-week-old Alpha Primes up for sale at the meet
wink.gif

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:19 AM Post #927 of 981
  Flogging them off already?!? No likey?
blink.gif

Quote:
  As the topic of buying & selling has cropped up...I'm seriously considering putting my two-week-old Alpha Primes up for sale at the meet
wink.gif

Well ironically my need for a closed can disappeared almost as soon as they arrived :).  Anyway, it's all part of a master plan...upgrade-related of course 
wink.gif

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:27 AM Post #928 of 981
I'd assumed that you were perturbed as LH Labs didn't ship the Primes in your favourite custom colour... 
wink_face.gif

Quote:

Well ironically my need for a closed can disappeared almost as soon as they arrived :).  Anyway, it's all part of a master plan...upgrade-related of course 
wink.gif

Apr 23, 2015 at 10:34 AM Post #930 of 981
They'd have been ideal for cycling to work in the summer and complimented your rucksack colour too.  
L3000.gif

Quote:
  Ha!  Indeed, those fibbing scoundrels!  Where's my shocking pink 'Prime?! 
darthsmile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back