UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April)
Apr 23, 2015 at 11:12 AM Post #931 of 981
Getting close now, so much interesting gear. No-one own JH AK Angie or Layla? Love to hear them.

Apr 23, 2015 at 11:23 AM Post #932 of 981
Apr 23, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #933 of 981
Competition result:

ClassicalViola for the consistently amusing and clever entries submitted in post#810. CONGRATULATIONS on winning a pair of splendid Master & Dynamic MH30 headphones in black leather/gunmetal. 

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #934 of 981
Hooray! Would be more than willing to let people listen to them at the meet (after claiming them of course.. Hehe)!

P/s: which was your favorite entry?
Competition result:

ClassicalViola for the consistently amusing and clever entries submitted in post#810. CONGRATULATIONS on winning a pair of splendid Master & Dynamic MH30 headphones in black leather/gunmetal. 

Apr 23, 2015 at 1:44 PM Post #935 of 981
Frank our meet co-sponsor and friend of Head-Fi has kindly agreed to deduct 10% from his range of Toxic Cables this weekend for meet attendees ordering via PM. 

We'll have over 20 Toxic Cables available at the meet for auditioning purposes, so why not try a Toxic Cable on your favourite cans and experience the sonic goodness.

N.B. Cables will only be loaned out for auditioning purposes at the meet and will not be available for home loan under any circumstances. 

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:02 PM Post #936 of 981
This particularly made me chuckle:

3.) 'Savouring Pie' by 'The Diabetic Mathematicians'

Quote:
Hooray! Would be more than willing to let people listen to them at the meet (after claiming them of course.. Hehe)!

P/s: which was your favorite entry?

Apr 23, 2015 at 2:52 PM Post #938 of 981
Congratulations, ClassicalViola! Your entries were consistently good. My favourite of all entries was 'Variations on a Theme of 1 and 0' by 'The Binary Trio'.

Who gets some T-shirts, Andy?

Apr 23, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #939 of 981
Congrats to ClassicalViola, have to say my fav from the winner was the Stressed Crackers - always exploding those biscuits, made me chuckle anyway ; )

Only two days to go, all have a safe journey on the road to Head-bliss. 

Apr 23, 2015 at 3:29 PM Post #940 of 981
T-shirts, what T-shirts?!?  
confused.gif
wink_face.gif

Quote:
  Congratulations, ClassicalViola! Your entries were consistently good. My favourite of all entries was 'Variations on a Theme of 1 and 0' by 'The Binary Trio'.

Who gets some T-shirts, Andy?

Apr 24, 2015 at 3:51 AM Post #944 of 981
Also, everyone check out Father John Misty's new album, I Love You Honeybear. It is amazingly witty with fantastic music. I liked it so much I bought the HD version off Acoustic Sounds. I still need to borrow an office mate's CD so I can compare the two. It is my favourite album so far this year.

I just did, and Fun Fear ..... it's fascinating stuff, thanks

Apr 24, 2015 at 4:04 AM Post #945 of 981
Meet information

Just a reminder that meet pre-registration closes at noon today! Pre-registering guarantees you admittance and a free lunch, plus beverages and the ability to purchase raffle tickets. Non Head-Fi members may be admitted if there's room but will not be allowed to partake of the luncheon/beverages, nor buy raffle tickets.

N.B. General admittance to the hall is from 10:00 onwards. Attendees with a lot of gear will be admitted from 09:30. Please do not turn up early and expect to get into the hall, as our retail sponsors need time to set up and we'll be shifting tables/chairs into position.

I will be monitoring the thread until 21:00 this evening and will endeavour to answer any questions/queries until then.

Please drive carefully, have a safe journey and see you all tomorrow. 
beerchug.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back