UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April)
Jan 30, 2015 at 3:32 PM Post #256 of 981
Anyone else going to the Metropolis event in Chiswick tomorrow?

Jan 30, 2015 at 5:28 PM Post #257 of 981
Went to it today. Things that I think you shouldn't miss:

JH Audio Laylas/Angie (under the A&K banner) (to me best in show)
Audeze EL-8 (if you wanna know what all the fuss is all about)
Geek Pulse/LPS combo (if you wanna know what u back)

Jan 31, 2015 at 2:58 AM Post #258 of 981
Thanks Corate, was there parking ?

Jan 31, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #260 of 981
Haha, with all the gear going, guess I'd better save some cash... My OLED TV can wait!! :evil:

smial1966 Just want to check, do the C5 buses have audio announcements as to the stops, how would I / we know which is the apple trees stop? (ironically, going to Cambridge today on the X5)

Jan 31, 2015 at 5:05 AM Post #261 of 981
@Duncan - sorry I have no idea as I live 50 miles away from Cambridge. Suggest contacting - http://www.stagecoachbus.com/customerservices.aspx - to find out. 

Quote:
Haha, with all the gear going, guess I'd better save some cash... My OLED TV can wait!!
evil_smiley.gif

@smial1966 Just want to check, do the C5 buses have audio announcements as to the stops, how would I / we know which is the apple trees stop? (ironically, going to Cambridge today on the X5)

Jan 31, 2015 at 5:53 AM Post #262 of 981
There'll be another competition on Sunday to win something rather nice. Just got to think up a fiendishly difficult question... 

Jan 31, 2015 at 10:10 AM Post #264 of 981
  Well I'll rather like to put those goodies on the meet kit list!  What can we do to persuade you to make it? 
wink.gif

Hmm... let me see... how about booking a Master Class by the entire cast of Strictly's female professional dancers?
Yep, that should do it.

On reflection, that could be rather tricky to arrange, even with Andy's impressive organisational skills (no harm in trying though).
So a repeat loan of Andy's Audio Note CDP would be nice.

I'm shortly to acquire the iFi DSD Micro for portable use, but I've yet to determine if that will be man enough for the job, so I'd like to have a known quantity source as back up.

Jan 31, 2015 at 11:05 AM Post #265 of 981
Hi all

May possibly be able to make this date. If so would come by train and stay at local Travelodge on Fri night. Can anyone tell me how easy it is to get to Travelodge i.e. is there a nearby bus service and how far the meet venue is from Travelodge?

Gear I could bring..

Benchmark DAC1, M2tech hiface, computer
HD800 and Cardas single ended cable
Lehmann BCL
Etymotic ER4P/S

Cheers..

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:17 AM Post #267 of 981
Can folks requesting a car share/lift specify approximately where they live, e.g. Woolwich, as it gives other car drivers a better indication of whether offering you a lift is feasible or not.

Thanks.

Southwest Zone 4 but no problem joining up given the density of rail and underground connections within London. Quite relaxed though, i knew East Anglia would be difficult. There is always next time.

Feb 1, 2015 at 5:07 PM Post #268 of 981
Finally made up my mind to come along,don't know why I've been hesitating,I enjoyed last years first meet and this one seems to be just as good plus there is that tempting raffle pauses to wipe away drool,So I'll probably be driving up from Essex nr the M25 via the M11 so if anyone wants a lift and contributes to the petrol cost they cam pm me.Dont know yet what gear I will bring but if anyone see's something in my profile that they would like me to bring let me know.

Feb 1, 2015 at 5:13 PM Post #269 of 981
Finally made up my mind to come along,don't know why I've been hesitating,I enjoyed last years first meet and this one seems to be just as good plus there is that tempting raffle pauses to wipe away drool,So I'll probably be driving up from Essex nr the M25 via the M11 so if anyone wants a lift and contributes to the petrol cost they cam pm me.Dont know yet what gear I will bring but if anyone see's something in my profile that they would like me to bring let me know.

Glad you're coming along! Personally, I'd love to hear the Oppo so if you're able to bring that along it'd be great. Cheers 
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2015 at 5:32 PM Post #270 of 981

Hi Naimless, actually I would be interested hearing your Icon Audio HP8 mk2 tube amp =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back