UK 2015 Head-Fi Meet (Cambridge - Saturday 25th April)
Apr 19, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #826 of 981
Moral dilemma, do I read through the competition entries and pick the winners, or burn-in the Chord Hugo TT to ensure that it sounds sublime at the meet?!?
Forgive me for I am weak. The Hugo TT sounds fantastic, it's the Hugo on steroids but never strident or fatiguing, just a wonderful musicality that definitely surpasses what it's diminutive sibling delivers.

Competition results announced tomorrow (sheepish grin).

Enjoy the TT while you have it Andy. I assume the Tera is connected?

Apr 19, 2015 at 7:47 PM Post #827 of 981
Hi all, i'm strongly  thinking of attending this event.  What is the nearest train stn (from london) in cambridge to the event, and what is the best way of buying rail tickets in this rip off world. Also advice on travel from the stn to the venue would be welcome  I will bring my  colorfly c4 and audio technica ATH M50.

Apr 20, 2015 at 4:29 AM Post #828 of 981
  Hi all, i'm strongly  thinking of attending this event.  What is the nearest train stn (from london) in cambridge to the event, and what is the best way of buying rail tickets in this rip off world. Also advice on travel from the stn to the venue would be welcome  I will bring my  colorfly c4 and audio technica ATH M50.

Train to Cambridge station then walk 10 mins into town to get the +bus thats talked about in the first post (cost me an extra £3.20 on top of my train ticket for an all day pass). I'll be getting into cambridge station at like 10:30 and leaving at 17:30, more than willing to show you if your getting in a similar time as I've done the trip before (though if I'm honest I'm going to have to use google maps again as i've forgot almost entirely where to go).

Apr 20, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #829 of 981
Cambridge only has one railway station. www.thetrainline.com for cheap tickets.
Stagecoach operate the buses - https://www.stagecoachbus.com/localdefault.aspx?Tag=Cambridge - use the Find Bus Times website bottom left as it incorporates a journey planner.  

Quote:

Apr 20, 2015 at 4:33 AM Post #830 of 981
Good advice too. Thanks Matt. 

Quote:

Train to Cambridge station then walk 10 mins into town to get the +bus thats talked about in the first post (cost me an extra £3.20 on top of my train ticket for an all day pass). I'll be getting into cambridge station at like 10:30 and leaving at 17:30, more than willing to show you if your getting in a similar time as I've done the trip before (though if I'm honest I'm going to have to use google maps again as i've forgot almost entirely where to go).

Apr 20, 2015 at 5:59 AM Post #832 of 981
  I'll be bringing along a Beresford Capella amp that Stan from Beresford has kindly lent me . Just need to complete a Turntable to bring aswell.

Thanks for the update, Oscar.  I'm hoping to have a listen to your HD540s if possible 
wink.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 7:22 AM Post #833 of 981
If it's delivered on time and not delayed en route, the Cavalli Audio Liquid Crimson may make an appearance.  
basshead.gif

Apr 20, 2015 at 7:27 AM Post #834 of 981

thanks Mattyhew, can you tell me how you purchased your tickets, or a safe and cheap way of buying train tickets, as there's plenty of expensive ways, also  I may need to buy open ticket for the day, as things are a litttle unpredictable until wednesday, thanks in advance to all, as this is open question.

Apr 20, 2015 at 11:06 AM Post #836 of 981
I won't be bringing my HD540 Reference IIs they've just sold. Although they were nice and accurate their sound signature wasn't for me. I'll still have my Alpha Dogs HD800s and IE800s as special phones and loads of iems if people want to try them out. It'll be interesting to see whether people favour the sound through line out to my hpa200se amp or through optical out to my dacmagic plus or a combination of the 2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back