UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
May 18, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #526 of 1,381
Guys,

I'll be comprehensively updating the equipment list on Sunday to include lots more earphones and hopefully there'll be another raffle prize announcement too.

happy_face1.gif

Cheers,

Andy.

May 18, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #527 of 1,381
Right chaps, I'm on shift the weekend of the meet, but I've applied for leave, which I'd imagine I'll get. I'm more a speaker guy, truth be told, but I'll look at what I can bring -  a NAD M51 DAC if I have it by then would be a strong possibility, although it's not practical to lug my Mac/monitor/NAS so I'd probably have to see if anyone would be up for incorporating it into their rig(s) as it would need music/amp/headphones.

I'll also have my FS MG6Pro customs by then and will definitely be out to get some listening time in with any CLAS, HP-P1 or DX100 rigs if they're there.

A workmate with a mild interest in desktop/portable audio is going to tag along with me as it should be the nail in the coffin as far as turning him over to the dark side goes (RIP his wallet). Looks like it'll be a great day!

May 20, 2012 at 8:52 AM Post #529 of 1,381
Right guys I'm back... have you missed me? 
rolleyes.gif

Raffle update...

Details have yet to be finalised, but an Italian audio company will be sending over a small, valve headphone amplifier for demo at the meet and then inclusion in the charity raffle as a prize. I'm just awaiting confirmation which model will be sent and then I'll post more information and a website link.

Cheers,

Andy.  

May 21, 2012 at 1:12 PM Post #531 of 1,381
OK Ven, thanks for letting me know.

Incidentally, if I've inadvertently omitted anyones gear from the meet equipment list, my apologies and please do let me know and I'll correct the omission.

Thanks,

Andy. 

Quote:
Andy

I am going through a bit of revamp of my gear. I'll update you by August of what gear I am going to bring.

Best Regards

Ven

May 21, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #532 of 1,381
Just seen the updated equipment list....it's verging on ridiculous!!! Personally I'm looking forward to trying the graham slee solo and the Denon ah-d7000 which are both on my radar for future purchases provided they live upto their reviews. Also looking for a suitable DAC to slot into my setup.

Andy, you're a living legend.

May 22, 2012 at 11:43 AM Post #537 of 1,381
SpudHarris,

The DT880 600 ohm headphones would be a fine addition to the meet, assuming of course that there are powerful enough amplifiers on the equipment list to properly drive them?!?

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:
Andy,

I don't know if anyone else is interested but I see there are no DT880's on the list. I have a pair of 600ohm manufaktur which I can bring and a set of W4's (got spare tips for peeps who wish to try).

May 22, 2012 at 12:23 PM Post #540 of 1,381
Very nice cans, didn't realise that they were still available in the UK, or are you importing them?

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
If i can save up just a bit more i will be buying a JVC DX1000 which i will be bringing! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back