UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Jul 8, 2012 at 6:49 AM Post #811 of 1,381
SpudHarris,

Due to your tragic recent bereavement you may have another try.  
wink_face.gif

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:

Bugger! That's a good one. Can I have another go?

Jul 8, 2012 at 7:06 AM Post #812 of 1,381
Cheers Andy! Do I detect a subtle reference to the British Grand Prix this afternoon as well (see below)?

Fuzzy hopes he's done enough as he doesn't want to come down with a severe case of Firth of Forth Fairway Frostbite at Muirfield, pretty prevalent this time of year he'll have you know! 
wink_face.gif
Oh and I'm sure he'd be game for being mascot too 
beerchug.gif

Quote:
julianbell92,

Superb entry, inventive and very funny.  
ksc75smile.gif
  Kudos to Fuzzy for being such a dapper hamster.

Fuzzy is in pole position so far.

Cheers,

Andy. 

P.S. I think that Fuzzy should be the meet mascot. 

Jul 8, 2012 at 7:11 AM Post #813 of 1,381
Hello there

Looking forward to the meet, can't get over the quality of the raffle prizes.

Am on the look out for a DAC to include into my set up, so hopefully I may get a listen  to some off the DAC coming along.

At the moment I am bringing a laptop, a Kenwood ka 3020 amp and Sennheiser RS180 wireless headphones. Have been looking at the Audiolab M-Dac.

Maybe not the right thread to ask, but has anyone used a DAC with wireless headphones?

Cheers Frank

Jul 8, 2012 at 1:14 PM Post #814 of 1,381
julianbell92,

Congratulations Fuzzy as it appears that you will be resplendent in a new golfing outfit! Please ask your caddy to PM me your address and I'll post the B&W P3 headphones to you tomorrow.

Cheers,

Andy.  

Quote:
Cheers Andy! Do I detect a subtle reference to the British Grand Prix this afternoon as well (see below)?

Fuzzy hopes he's done enough as he doesn't want to come down with a severe case of Firth of Forth Fairway Frostbite at Muirfield, pretty prevalent this time of year he'll have you know! 
wink_face.gif
Oh and I'm sure he'd be game for being mascot too 
beerchug.gif

Jul 8, 2012 at 1:22 PM Post #815 of 1,381
Wow thanks Andy, Fuzzy's gone mad in his wheel at the news! I'll drop you a PM shortly, and please add the P3s to the equipment list for anyone who wants to try them at the meet as I'll bring them along :)
Quote:
julianbell92,

Congratulations Fuzzy as it appears that you will be resplendent in a new golfing outfit! Please ask your caddy to PM me your address and I'll post the B&W P3 headphones to you tomorrow.

Cheers,

Andy.  

Jul 9, 2012 at 6:13 AM Post #816 of 1,381
Well done Julian.

I now picture Fuzzy running in his wheel generating power to keep his iPod perpetually charged whilst enjoying his tunes.  I wonder what Fuzzy listens too?  Maybe the Chipmunks!

BTW - I hear that B&W are to release another headphone this year better than the P5.

See you all in September.

Sceptre

Jul 9, 2012 at 2:09 PM Post #818 of 1,381
Guys,

If for some unfathomable reason you were thinking of turning up late afternoon to the meet, well here's an incentive to arrive earlier:

The Kabelmeister a.k.a. Frank of http://toxic-cables.co.uk/ has kindly donated a box of equipment bands for distribution to the first 50 meet attendees.

350x232px-LL-5eedcca0_DSC_0111.jpeg

The first 50 attendees can pick from 2 black bands, 1 black and 1 clear or 2 clear. There'll also be a limited number of the other coloured bands available. So arrive early and tether your portable gear together with these stylish audio accoutrement's. 

Cheers,

Andy. 

P.S. I'm loving the purple bands. 

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:06 PM Post #819 of 1,381
Cheers guys, his music of choice is Jimi Hendrix covers by none other than The Hamsters themselves!

This is his favourite album at the moment:

Where did you hear that news Sceptre if you don't mind my asking? Hopefully it will be the full size headphone the range needs.
Quote:
Well done Julian.

I now picture Fuzzy running in his wheel generating power to keep his iPod perpetually charged whilst enjoying his tunes.  I wonder what Fuzzy listens too?  Maybe the Chipmunks!

BTW - I hear that B&W are to release another headphone this year better than the P5.

See you all in September.

Sceptre

Quote:

Hamster Rap?

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:11 PM Post #820 of 1,381
I'm liking the clear or the understated black ones myself. Speaking of turning up on time, have we established a time for the meet to start yet Andy?
Quote:
Guys,

If for some unfathomable reason you were thinking of turning up late afternoon to the meet, well here's an incentive to arrive earlier:

The Kabelmeister a.k.a. Frank of http://toxic-cables.co.uk/ has kindly donated a box of equipment bands for distribution to the first 50 meet attendees.

The first 50 attendees can pick from 2 black bands, 1 black and 1 clear or 2 clear. There'll also be a limited number of the other coloured bands available. So arrive early and tether your portable gear together with these stylish audio accoutrement's. 

Cheers,

Andy. 

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:16 PM Post #821 of 1,381
Quote:
Guys,

Cheers,

Andy. 

And there i was thinking that you would prefer the Pink 
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2012 at 4:39 PM Post #822 of 1,381
Quote:
And there i was thinking that you would prefer the Pink 
biggrin.gif

so set off at some un-godly hour to navigate the wet roads, miss the little chef mega breakfast to be first in line for...wait for it.....an elastic band? .......nice.......
gs1000.gif

on a more serious note, 
tongue_smile.gif
 hats off to Frank who I am looking forward to meeting as well as Oliver of Epiphany and others

on an even more serious note, I will donate 50 sets of silver plated plug fuses for the visitors 51-100 after the wrist bands have run out, will there be a doorman in attendance then?

nice one

Jul 9, 2012 at 5:04 PM Post #823 of 1,381
mains-cables-r-us,

Surely it can't STILL be raining in September!?! Think of all that unhealthy cholesterol you'll forgo by missing a greasy fry up at the Little Chef.  

I'll be distributing the equipment bands from my table, so no doorman, just me handing stuff out. 

Thanks for the fuses, though now attendees have a dilemma, arrive early and receive two bands or turn up later and bag a fuse.  
confused_face.gif

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
so set off at some un-godly hour to navigate the wet roads, miss the little chef mega breakfast to be first in line for...wait for it.....an elastic band? .......nice.......
gs1000.gif

on a more serious note, 
tongue_smile.gif
 hats off to Frank who I am looking forward to meeting as well as Oliver of Epiphany and others

on an even more serious note, I will donate 50 sets of silver plated plug fuses for the visitors 51-100 after the wrist bands have run out, will there be a doorman in attendance then?

nice one

Jul 9, 2012 at 5:09 PM Post #824 of 1,381
Quote:
gs1000.gif

Elastic band with my logo on it = Collectors item, and they make whatever they are tied around, sound better 
wink.gif

I will send several hundred bands over, it's up to Andy how he wishes to distribute them, as i will not be attending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back