UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Jul 4, 2012 at 4:33 AM Post #797 of 1,381
Quote:
Would love to have a listen through your HP8. Considered buying one, but was put off when the price went from £430 to £550 in the space of a year.

I had no idea that it had gone up in price that much!  It's a really good amp but I don't have anything to compare it to (aside form portable amps that can't drive the bigger headphones as well and headphone outs on stereo amps).  It will be there so you're very welcome to have a listen.  I'm going to be wandering around with my Denons trying them out on as many amps as I can to find a better match, as this is really designed for higher impedance 'phones.  I was thinking of getting a pair of Hifiman HE-500s initially but changed my mind.

Jul 4, 2012 at 5:02 AM Post #798 of 1,381
This is starting to get close now so I'm thinking I need to actually make bookings etc.  I remember talk about making group bookings that might give us some discounts.  Is this still on the cards, or was the last word just to make our own bookings?

Also, has anyone made any plans yet to drive up to the event from London?  I will definitely be going but it will be much easier to contribute to someone's petrol costs than to deal with the train with my gear!

Jul 4, 2012 at 8:48 AM Post #799 of 1,381
Dear Mr Andy,

I deserve to win your P3's  because

I am an exchange student from Cameroon studying banking and accountancy at the Barclays University Millwall.
I am running a special charity called Save Cats Around Millwall. I and my team find stray cats and sell them for vivisection  find them a new home.

You Mr Andy could help me help cats like Wimples (see below) from a life on the streets. I would wear them with pride and Wimples would be proud of you too.

Jul 4, 2012 at 4:41 PM Post #800 of 1,381
MrQ,

I believe that your ambassador cousin contacted me via email to arrange a mutually beneficial financial transaction - alas after emptying my current account his promise of $10 million has yet to materialize. Would you kindly have a word?

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Dear Mr Andy,

I deserve to win your P3's  because

I am an exchange student from Cameroon studying banking and accountancy at the Barclays University Millwall.
I am running a special charity called Save Cats Around Millwall. I and my team find stray cats and sell them for vivisection  find them a new home.

You Mr Andy could help me help cats like Wimples (see below) from a life on the streets. I would wear them with pride and Wimples would be proud of you too.

Jul 4, 2012 at 4:46 PM Post #801 of 1,381
BigTony,

Would you mind sending me a PM as the Child Support Agency (CSA) would like a word - something about decades of missed payments.

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Andy, I deserve to win your P3 because (deep sigh and raspy voice) Andy, I am your father!
BT

Jul 4, 2012 at 4:59 PM Post #802 of 1,381
FragmentedGod,

I enquired about a group discount with a nearby hotel but they weren't interested and their B&B rate is over £100. The most cost effective solution would be to book a room at the nearby Travelodge (about 2km from the meet venue) - the details are in thread post 565.

Sent you a PM about a possible lift. 

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:
This is starting to get close now so I'm thinking I need to actually make bookings etc.  I remember talk about making group bookings that might give us some discounts.  Is this still on the cards, or was the last word just to make our own bookings?

Also, has anyone made any plans yet to drive up to the event from London?  I will definitely be going but it will be much easier to contribute to someone's petrol costs than to deal with the train with my gear!

Jul 6, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #804 of 1,381
Guys,

The competition to win the B&W P3 headphones closes this Sunday evening at 6pm GMT, so get your entries in soonest, as so far SpudHarris and MrQ are the front runners.

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Guys,

Keep your competition entries rolling in as those P3 cans need a new home!

Cheers,

Andy.

Jul 6, 2012 at 3:04 PM Post #805 of 1,381
Guys,

There's quite a lot of attendees gear to add to the equipment list so I'll comprehensively update it this weekend.

Also, hope to announce another raffle prize soon.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Jul 6, 2012 at 4:01 PM Post #806 of 1,381
Keep up the great work on meet organisation Andy, it's shaping up brilliantly! Here's my entry for the B&W P3 competition 
biggrin.gif

Andy, I deserve to win your P3 cans because for my hamster Fuzzy’s birthday, he wants me to harvest the fabric from the pads and headband to make him a new suit for our golf outings:

Jul 6, 2012 at 4:04 PM Post #807 of 1,381
While I'm still waiting for my M51 to arrive (NAD are useless!), I should have it by September! I'll probably have a JKSPDIF MKIII usb to s/pdif converter as well as I'm planning to use that between my Mac and the DAC - if anyone wants to put this in between their laptop and headphone amp please get in touch as I'll look a bit of a mug if I bring a DAC, converter and nothing else! 

Should also have some Future Sonics MG6 Pro custom IEMs and a portable source too by then but can't decide on what bleedin' thing to get, proving a right headache!

Jul 7, 2012 at 3:28 PM Post #808 of 1,381
julianbell92,

Superb entry, inventive and very funny.  
ksc75smile.gif
  Kudos to Fuzzy for being such a dapper hamster.

Fuzzy is in pole position so far.

Cheers,

Andy. 

P.S. I think that Fuzzy should be the meet mascot. 

Quote:
Keep up the great work on meet organisation Andy, it's shaping up brilliantly! Here's my entry for the B&W P3 competition 
biggrin.gif

Andy, I deserve to win your P3 cans because for my hamster Fuzzy’s birthday, he wants me to harvest the fabric from the pads and headband to make him a new suit for our golf outings:

Jul 7, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #809 of 1,381
Quote:
While I'm still waiting for my M51 to arrive (NAD are useless!), I should have it by September! I'll probably have a JKSPDIF MKIII usb to s/pdif converter as well as I'm planning to use that between my Mac and the DAC - if anyone wants to put this in between their laptop and headphone amp please get in touch as I'll look a bit of a mug if I bring a DAC, converter and nothing else! 

Should also have some Future Sonics MG6 Pro custom IEMs and a portable source too by then but can't decide on what bleedin' thing to get, proving a right headache!

I'd be very interested to see how the M51 compares to my 20 year old Micromega.  The two other (modern) DACs I have are no better overall in my current place, although they have different strengths and weaknesses.  I can't really draw any conclusions though due to my mains power varying so much.  I tried an Arcam D33, which I really liked, but it may just have been a good couple of days...  I'd also be interested in comparing the JKSPDIF with my Hiface EVO.  I tried the battery pack for the EVO which made a big difference, but I couldn't be bothered with the hassle of 'is it charged, or is it on mains?' that comes with it.  I've discovered that the EVO is very sensitive to power quality, so battery beats my current mains, but does it beat decent mains?  That I don't know.

I spoke to my local dealer and the "hygienic demos" they offer are just antiseptic wipes, not what i thought they meant, so I've ordered some replacement earpads for my HD800s as they're going to need them soon anyway.  I also ordered some replacement pads for my old HD650s and will bring them along as well, along with some Grado SR-80s.  And I wonder where all my money goes. :) 

Jul 7, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #810 of 1,381
Quote:
biggrin.gif

Bugger! That's a good one. Can I have another go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back