UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Jul 1, 2012 at 1:28 PM Post #781 of 1,381
Quote:
Andy, I deserve to win your P3 because I hope to make a fast buck by flogging them in the sale forum. 
wink.gif

Ha ha, i was going to say that.

Very kind of Andy, giving away several of his own items already.

Jul 1, 2012 at 2:11 PM Post #782 of 1,381
Kabelmeister,

I do it for the love of humanity and to appease my partner now that she can no longer use the bath as it's stacked high with boxes of audio gear for the meet!

Cheers,

Andy.

P.S. Thought I'd better add that we do have a separate shower room.

Quote:
Ha ha, i was going to say that.

Very kind of Andy, giving away several of his own items already.

Jul 1, 2012 at 2:15 PM Post #783 of 1,381
zenpunk,

You cheeky monkey!  
wink_face.gif

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Andy, I deserve to win your P3 because I hope to make a fast buck by flogging them in the sale forum. 
wink.gif

Jul 2, 2012 at 4:47 AM Post #785 of 1,381
SpudHarris,

Ha ha ha, yours is certainly the most inventive and funniest entry so far!

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Andy, I deserve to win your P3 because my Goldfish who was also called P3 drowned this weekend and winning them might help ease the heartache. Man, I miss his smile
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2012 at 6:37 AM Post #787 of 1,381
Quote:
SpudHarris,

Ha ha ha, yours is certainly the most inventive and funniest entry so far!

Cheers,

Andy.

Thanks Andy, yeah it's been a tough year so far! Our dog whos name was ''Ultrasone Edition 8'' choked on a set of Beats Earphones the kids left lying around. He survived fortunately but now his bark sounds like Sh%t.

In case you were wondering what type of dog? He is a 3.5mm Mini Jack ''Russell''
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #788 of 1,381
SpudHarris,

What a surreal family life you have.  
ksc75smile.gif

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:

Thanks Andy, yeah it's been a tough year so far! Our dog whos name was ''Ultrasone Edition 8'' choked on a set of Beats Earphones the kids left lying around. He survived fortunately but now his bark sounds like Sh%t.

In case you were wondering what type of dog? He is a 3.5mm Mini Jack ''Russell''
biggrin.gif

Jul 2, 2012 at 2:57 PM Post #789 of 1,381
Hi guys, this is looking like a great day out, and the raffle prizes are incredible!

If there's still space I can bring the following:
Laptop
Hiface EVO
Micromega T-DAC
Musical Fidelity M1 HPA
HD800
Cardas cabling

Plus either a balanced transformer or a PS-Audio regenerator, depending on which one I end up with (and availability of the P3 if I go with that).  I'll probably have a couple of things to sell too (Dacmagic mk1, MF M1 DAC mk1, Earmax Pro) but I haven't quite decided what to keep as I'm still trying to sort out my crappy mains supply. :)

My HD800s get some heavy use so I'm not sure they'll be fit for others to try unless I replace the earpads.  Having said that I think my local dealer has some hygienic covers for their demos, though I've never asked to use them myself, so I might see if I can borrow some.

Jul 3, 2012 at 4:43 AM Post #790 of 1,381
Guys,

Keep your competition entries rolling in as those P3 cans need a new home!

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Guys,

It's time that I livened things up again with an in-thread competition. To be eligible for this one you must have posted at least 3 meet related messages before today. 

I purchased the new B&W P3 headphone (black) and aesthetically it's a beauty - http://www.bowers-wilkins.co.uk/Headphones/Headphones/P3/explore.html - with great ergonomics and comfort, but sonically to my ears it sounds muffled and boomy with flaccid bass and a repressed tonal quality. However, press reviews have been very positive and it might just be my hearing that's defective! 

So... to win my as new (listened to for a few hours) P3 cans, finish the sentence below in 30 words or less in a humorous manner OR upload an original photo / graphic that encapsulates your thoughts.

"Andy, I deserve to win your P3 cans because..."

The competition will close next Sunday (8th July) at 6pm GMT. One entry per Head-Fi member. I will post the headphones to the winner the week beginning 9th July. 

Good luck and please don't post anything too ribald!

Cheers,

Andy. 

Jul 3, 2012 at 8:00 AM Post #791 of 1,381
Again been really busy so hadn't checked back here in a while.  So many great updates!  I'm sad to hear that Robin from hifiheadphones won't be making it.  I've bought a few things from them and each time the advice and support has been excellent so I was looking forward to meeting him.  I would have bought more from them but they don't stock a few of the things I was looking for recently.  I am still very happy with my valve headphone amp (Icon Audio HP8 MKII) that Robin recommended!

Jul 3, 2012 at 1:26 PM Post #792 of 1,381
Quote:
Again been really busy so hadn't checked back here in a while.  So many great updates!  I'm sad to hear that Robin from hifiheadphones won't be making it.  I've bought a few things from them and each time the advice and support has been excellent so I was looking forward to meeting him.  I would have bought more from them but they don't stock a few of the things I was looking for recently.  I am still very happy with my valve headphone amp (Icon Audio HP8 MKII) that Robin recommended!

Would love to have a listen through your HP8. Considered buying one, but was put off when the price went from £430 to £550 in the space of a year.

Jul 3, 2012 at 1:37 PM Post #793 of 1,381
I'm considering purchasing an HP8 too, so will definitely give it a listen. It's still not too pricey and has a relatively small footprint.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:
Would love to have a listen through your HP8. Considered buying one, but was put off when the price went from £430 to £550 in the space of a year.

Jul 3, 2012 at 5:07 PM Post #794 of 1,381
Andy, I deserve to win your P3 because (deep sigh and raspy voice) Andy, I am your father!

BT

Users who are viewing this thread

Back