UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Jul 11, 2012 at 4:16 AM Post #841 of 1,381
Quote:
Guys,

Is aural hygiene really that much of an issue for headphones?

My original post was not to protect my headphones from the attendees, but to protect the attendees from my headphones.  I must average 5 hours a day, every day, with them on - PC, radio, TV, PS3, whilst working... eveything goes through them, so they are very well used. :)

Jul 11, 2012 at 5:27 AM Post #842 of 1,381
OK-Guy,

Please clarify what you mean by exhibitor places? If you're enquiring whether it's possible to have a retail/distributor presence, then regrettably all available slots are already taken. If you're asking whether you can turn up as an enthusiast with your own gear to demo, then absolutely! Subject to space being available, everyone is welcome to bring their audio kit along.

The meet venue address and related travel info is detailed in thread post 1.

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Andy... are there any exhibitors places still open?... there is a possibility that I can get some of the new Chord Chordette to be demo'ed.

also, is the venue near Cambridge train station, prefer a lil liquid lunch with a few other head-fi'ers who hope to attend.

Chord Chordette range:

http://www.chordelectronics.co.uk/products.asp?cat=16

http://www.customelectronicdesign.co.uk/news/chordetteminiature-marvels-chord-electronics

Jul 11, 2012 at 6:23 AM Post #844 of 1,381
Guys,

I'll definitely update the meet equipment list on Saturday 14th July as there's lots of interesting gear to add.

Cheers,

Andy.

Jul 12, 2012 at 5:14 AM Post #845 of 1,381
Guys,

The original design for the meet T-shirt was a bit washed out when printed, so another proposed design is below - thanks to EddieE. Graphically, this one is simpler and more striking with no writing on the garment back.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:

Jul 12, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #846 of 1,381
Quote:
Guys,

The original design for the meet T-shirt was a bit washed out when printed, so another proposed design is below - thanks to EddieE. Graphically, this one is simpler and more striking with no writing on the garment back.

What do you think?

Cheers,

Andy.

I like it!

Jul 12, 2012 at 7:47 AM Post #847 of 1,381
That's quite good. Personal preference(!) would be to have the design a little bit smaller, but it might just be because of the t-shirt crumpling. I liked the text on the back in your first version though (although perhaps not the font), it's nice to show where/when/what the t-shirt was for.

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:22 AM Post #848 of 1,381
Somnambulist,

It's possible to reinstate the text on the T-shirt back on an individual basis, though this would add £2 to the cost. The current design costs £10 and is available in sizes small to extra large. 

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
That's quite good. Personal preference(!) would be to have the design a little bit smaller, but it might just be because of the t-shirt crumpling. I liked the text on the back in your first version though (although perhaps not the font), it's nice to show where/when/what the t-shirt was for.

Jul 12, 2012 at 9:00 AM Post #849 of 1,381
Stormfriend,

If you can answer no to the following questions I'm sure that your headphones will be just fine.

1. Are the ear pads moldy, smelly or home to a colony of tiny insects?
2. Are your ear canals sprouting hair that extends beyond your earlobes?
3. Do passengers regularly avoid sitting in close proximity to you on public transport?

wink_face.gif

Andy.

Quote:

My original post was not to protect my headphones from the attendees, but to protect the attendees from my headphones.  I must average 5 hours a day, every day, with them on - PC, radio, TV, PS3, whilst working... eveything goes through them, so they are very well used. :)

Jul 12, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #850 of 1,381
Put me down for small w/text on the back then. :)

Probably the least of my wallet's worries as far as this meet goes lol.

Quote:
Somnambulist,

It's possible to reinstate the text on the T-shirt back on an individual basis, though this would add £2 to the cost. The current design costs £10 and is available in sizes small to extra large. 

Cheers,

Andy.

Jul 12, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #851 of 1,381
Quote:
Stormfriend,

If you can answer no to the following questions I'm sure that your headphones will be just fine.

1. Are the ear pads moldy, smelly or home to a colony of tiny insects?
2. Are your ear canals sprouting hair that extends beyond your earlobes?
3. Do passengers regularly avoid sitting in close proximity to you on public transport?

wink_face.gif

Andy.

I regularly hog seats so passengers are unable to sit next to me on public transport, especially travelling long distance, but that's because I don't want to be a sardine!

My HD650 pads did in fact go moldy after I put them in the spare room for six months, so those got binned very quickly.  The phones themselves are fine and the new pads should turn up in a few weeks.  The HD800s are probably not unhyienic, but I couldn't lend them to anybody just now.  The new pads for those will be turning up around the same time, so they should both be delightful and fresh for September.

Although I suspect no-one will want to listen to my system after this :)

Jul 12, 2012 at 3:03 PM Post #853 of 1,381
Holowlegs,

Good man Frank, I'm an XL kind of guy too.  
wink_face.gif

The headphones are printed on the sleeves in a kind of silvery metallic ink that looks very cool.  
cool.gif

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Andy

Like the headphones on the sleeves. Will have to be a XL for me.

Cheers Frank

Jul 12, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #854 of 1,381
Somnambulist,

What colour text and font would you like the print on the T-shirt back? If you're unsure I might be able to do a few mock ups for you. 

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:
Put me down for small w/text on the back then. :)

Probably the least of my wallet's worries as far as this meet goes lol.

Jul 12, 2012 at 3:17 PM Post #855 of 1,381
Stormfriend,

Were you that excessively hirsute guy on the Channel 4 `Embarrassing Bodies' program recently?

Cheers,

Andy. 

Quote:

I regularly hog seats so passengers are unable to sit next to me on public transport, especially travelling long distance, but that's because I don't want to be a sardine!

My HD650 pads did in fact go moldy after I put them in the spare room for six months, so those got binned very quickly.  The phones themselves are fine and the new pads should turn up in a few weeks.  The HD800s are probably not unhyienic, but I couldn't lend them to anybody just now.  The new pads for those will be turning up around the same time, so they should both be delightful and fresh for September.

Although I suspect no-one will want to listen to my system after this :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back