Ugliest Grado Mod Ever
Jan 29, 2006 at 7:23 AM Post #31 of 62
Ugliest Grado Mod Ever?

If I only got one vote it would be the woody HF-1 buttons. Don't get me wrong, I love the sound of the HF-1's and appreciate the 'Head-Fi' spirit that went into the design, but it seems they could have done a little better in terms of cosmetics.

If I could split my vote, I'd vote for:

SR-60's as the Ugliest Grado Ever, and

immtbiker as the Ugliest Mod Ever!
biggrin.gif

(But that's what friends are for. He claims to be going to the gym again so he can get 'cut' whatever that means.)

Jan 29, 2006 at 7:43 AM Post #34 of 62
it reminds me of the speaker of an old rotary phone. interesting that it fit so perfect!

Jan 29, 2006 at 7:49 AM Post #35 of 62
Dude, how much hair do you shed where you have to resort to this?

I have a suggestion for a different kind of mod: Supercuts.
evil_smiley.gif

Jan 29, 2006 at 5:37 PM Post #41 of 62
Quote:

Dude, how much hair do you shed where you have to resort to this?

I have a suggestion for a different kind of mod: Supercuts.

382913207_l.jpg

We already have a thread about me not wanting supercuts.
Quote:

How do you open them?

Many people use a hair dryer to loosen the glue. I tried a somewhat different approach. I suspended a strainer over an inch of boiling water in a pot and let the steam soften the glue, then twisted the cups off.
Quote:

Good luck taking em back for warranty!

You're one brave man...

Not an issue, they were long out of warranty.

Actually these are kind of starting to grow on me. You can't see it in the latest pictures I've posted, but I brushed the metal and it actually looks half decent. Maybe I'll take a picture today when I have some natural light and don't have to use yellow light to get a decent shot.

Also, I almost feel bad for the guy who did the Mike Jones mod. Although you know whenever you pull out chrome or gold spray paint, no good is going to come of it.

Jan 29, 2006 at 6:03 PM Post #43 of 62
Well its.....different. Someone should compile a bunch fo the strange mods together into one really weird looking grado. Perhaps make the white pvc pipe chambers, use the drain guard as a the screen in them, go for the sock mod pads. Oh man I'm jsut gonna stop myself there. If anyone is willing to muliate their sr-60s though it'd be interesting. Who knows, maybe it would sound really good....
basshead.gif

Jan 29, 2006 at 6:10 PM Post #44 of 62
I dunno, I get the feeling these would look a lot cooler if the drains.. er, guards were reversed so it's dished from the outside. Dished and black with the button in place would look really cool, in a kitchen sink kind of way.

Awesome mod, big thumbs up
icon10.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back