UE Triplefi 10 - clarification
Nov 10, 2012 at 10:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

fantasista

New Head-Fier
Hi, my UE TF 10 is damaged. The blue component, where the drivers are at, detached from the rest of the earpiece. This caused the wires to disconnect from the cable permanently. Since this is physical damage, it is impossible to exchange for new UE even with warranty.

My question is, will reshelling enable my UE to be working fine again? Please advise! Thanks!

Nov 10, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #3 of 12
Drivers are not damaged. Asked Logitech, they said warranty does not cover physical damage (referring to the detach).

I was just wondering whether anyone know reshell can repair my earpiece? Reshell ain't cheap, so I wish to know whether it is worth the money,

Nov 10, 2012 at 11:16 AM Post #4 of 12
I'm pretty sure someone in the "Inearz/Fisher" thread had the same problem as you and did get them reshelled successfully. But I would contact whatever company first to be 100% sure.
Here is the link tho that thread but there are many other companies out there you could use. http://www.head-fi.org/t/464570/inearz-fisher-hearing-custom-remold-owners-thread

Nov 10, 2012 at 11:17 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:
Drivers are not damaged. Asked Logitech, they said warranty does not cover physical damage (referring to the detach).

I was just wondering whether anyone know reshell can repair my earpiece? Reshell ain't cheap, so I wish to know whether it is worth the money,

Reshell is $90 from InEarZ. so reshell, impressions and shipping. They are the lowest.

http://www.inearz.com/ordering/

Nov 11, 2012 at 4:48 AM Post #6 of 12
Thanks pal for the info! Shall take a look. :D

What are the good companies that do reshell? Quality and money wise. Hope someone can share with me. New to it. Only know unique melody.

Nov 11, 2012 at 5:47 AM Post #7 of 12
Thanks pal for the info! Shall take a look. :D

What are the good companies that do reshell? Quality and money wise. Hope someone can share with me. New to it. Only know unique melody.

I know Unique Melody reshell the TF10, and their shell quality is consistently superb, but at $169 they're almost twice the price of the above company :\

Nov 11, 2012 at 5:50 AM Post #8 of 12
Quote:
I know Unique Melody reshell the TF10, and their shell quality is consistently superb, but at $169 they're almost twice the price of the above company :\

Ohh, but inearz is just as good or UM is slightly better? If the difference in quality ain't significant, then I think inearz is the better choice. Hmmm, please advise! Thanks in advance, guys!

Nov 11, 2012 at 7:31 AM Post #9 of 12
Well there's http://www.head-fi.org/t/464570/inearz-fisher-hearing-custom-remold-owners-thread which was posted upthread and there's also one for  unique melody.   Do a bit of reading and make a choice from there.  It's also worth bearing in mind that christmas holidays are coming up which will throw a spanner in the works for delivery times.

Nov 11, 2012 at 11:53 AM Post #11 of 12
Quote:

Ohh, but inearz is just as good or UM is slightly better? If the difference in quality ain't significant, then I think inearz is the better choice. Hmmm, please advise! Thanks in advance, guys!

InEarZ quality is decent but not at the level of places like UM or 1964 Ears. By quality I just mean appearance wise. They are well worth the price, so I still say its the way to go unless you want to pony up for extreme high quality. Mine are in the picture below from InEarZ, you have to look at them at just the right angle and lighting to see imperfections. It is also possible, they have gotten better quality wise since having mine done.

Nov 12, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:
InEarZ quality is decent but not at the level of places like UM or 1964 Ears. By quality I just mean appearance wise. They are well worth the price, so I still say its the way to go unless you want to pony up for extreme high quality. Mine are in the picture below from InEarZ, you have to look at them at just the right angle and lighting to see imperfections. It is also possible, they have gotten better quality wise since having mine done.

I see I see, Thanks a lot manz!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back