UE triple-fi 10 worth buying?
Aug 7, 2008 at 5:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

shloosh3

New Head-Fier
i am the proud owner of a super fi 5 pro IEM.
I though about upgrading them to the triple-fi10..

in case of cost/quality do you think the double price is right?
Does it worth 400 $ ? or should i stay with my super fi 5 ???

THX
bigsmile_face.gif

Aug 7, 2008 at 5:54 PM Post #2 of 22
I took the exact same step end of last year and i have two words for you.

Hell Yes!

Aug 7, 2008 at 6:10 PM Post #3 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by shloosh3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Does it worth 400 $ ?

No, and that is only because you can get it for $340 from Soundearphones.com or Earphonesolutions.com
TF10.gif
TF10.gif
TF10.gif
wink_face.gif

Aug 7, 2008 at 7:47 PM Post #5 of 22
Was in your position until a few days ago, it all started with the Shure E2Cs which at the time I thought £50 is the most I'll ever spend. Then about 18 months later I bought the SF5Pro and thought thats it now.... then last monday my triple.fi's arrived. lol guess that happens to a lot of people here but like I've found with all my upgrades so far... its quite hard to define 'Is it worth the price difference' I mean that question is really subjective... there is a noticeable sonic improvement but to quantify that into currency depends on too many different issues (eg how important is clarity in your music to you, what your gear is like, obviously your not going to get the best out of these if your playing from a cassette player or something... farfetched but just an example) in the end I guess if your wondering if there is something better out there than the answer is almost always yes... but you pay exponentially for diminishing returns... only you can decide if its 'worth it'.

ps these will definitely be the last upgrade i'll buy

Aug 7, 2008 at 8:56 PM Post #6 of 22
well i sold my super.fi 5 pro's for like 110 after shipping etc, i got a deal at soundearphones with a free set of d-jays taht i sold for 50 after shipping.

so basically, my triples cost me 330 minus 160 making them WELL worth it
smily_headphones1.gif

the sound is definitely noticeably superior to the 5 pros to me, not sure about double the cost worth, but if you want that added clarity to the highs, along with a far more extended and robust range of bass, its worth it.

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:38 PM Post #7 of 22
No one can answer this for you. It's all relative to YOUR budget and what YOU perceive as added value to a sound enhancement.

But TFPro sound quite a bit better than SFP's

Aug 7, 2008 at 9:40 PM Post #8 of 22
That's one thing I notice about these UE10s is the plentiful bass. I have the bass controls on the iAudio 7 tuned to neutral but am still getting strong bass response.

I had the volume of the amp pretty high accidentally and the sound these 10s were giving is like being at the stage of a concert, right near the speakers. There was zero distortion and supreme clarity and powerful sound.

Aug 8, 2008 at 9:46 AM Post #9 of 22
I like the TF10s, but find myself never listening to them. I don't think they are warm enough for me. I tend to use the 5s (or Shure 500s) more. Regarding the 5s, you'll notice that the 10s have a lot more detail. Initially i thought they were fantastic, but now i just find them too..... one coloured. The 5s are quite fuzzy in comparison, but warm and fuzzy
smily_headphones1.gif
In addition the 10s are not as comfortable (to my ears) as the 5s

....but give both a try if you can

EDIT: My issue with the 10s may be cable related: My 5s seem to have a copper cable, I have a sneaking suspicion the 10s may have a silver cable.

EDIT: I returned to my 10s after writing this and have found a way to make them more comfortable whilst obtaining a good seal (flip-flop)

Aug 8, 2008 at 12:43 PM Post #10 of 22
I think Spyro has it nailed in his first sentence.

However, I haven't heard SF5P but everything I've read leads me to believe Triple Fi are worth the upgrade:
from my own personal experience, I think TF10 are superb. Clear highs, intimate mids, deep but not overpowering bass & an overall SQ elan & sparkle that makes them very addictive listening.

Aug 8, 2008 at 1:43 PM Post #11 of 22
1.does the build quality in the triple.fi similar to the superfi.5 ?

2.how does the Denon c751 compared to the 5pro's ?
i saw that they are a little more expensive ,what about sound quality?

maybe i will buy them instead of my 5pros that i sold today...

thx

Aug 8, 2008 at 2:47 PM Post #12 of 22
Build quality of TF10 is excellent. I'd imagine the same if not better than SF5P. The replaceable cable is...well, you know, you had SF5!

Aug 8, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #13 of 22
I actually regret buying the UE TF10 because most of the music that I listen to are from smaller independent labels. So the sound quality is irrelevant to me. I have these expensive headphones for nothing.

Aug 8, 2008 at 3:08 PM Post #14 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by Silwad /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I actually regret buying the UE TF10 because most of the music that I listen to are from smaller independent labels. So the sound quality is irrelevant to me. I have these expensive headphones for nothing.

er...... Are you saying the music you listen is recorded badly, therefore....?

I would've thought a better pr of phones should enable you to hear & enjoy more of the music you prefer. SQ is absolutely relevant, non?

wink.gif

Aug 8, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #15 of 22
Quote:

Originally Posted by steviebee /img/forum/go_quote.gif
er...... Are you saying the music you listen is recorded badly, therefore....?

I would've thought a better pr of phones should enable you to hear & enjoy more of the music you prefer. SQ is absolutely relevant, non?

wink.gif

yeah...what he said.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back