UE to introduce new Super.fi 5?
Jul 24, 2008 at 12:17 PM Post #17 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Usagi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm curious what niche they're trying to fill with these. What do they offer that the Super-fi 5 pro, Super-fi 4, Metro-fi, etc. are unable to deliver?

How about the detail of a balanced armature driver based earphone in a more low profile mainstream form factor with a more mainstream price?

Until this product, all their balanced armature universals suffered from the "Frankenstein" factor.

Jul 24, 2008 at 1:09 PM Post #18 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by channum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
How about the detail of a balanced armature driver based earphone in a more low profile mainstream form factor with a more mainstream price?

Until this product, all their balanced armature universals suffered from the "Frankenstein" factor.

This is what I looked like on the morning after I brought my Triple-fi home for the first time and listened to them all night.
frankenstein.jpg

Jul 24, 2008 at 3:30 PM Post #19 of 28
I noticed this yesterday too. The ergonomics are definitely a step in the right direction. I'll also be interested in hearing what people think about the sound. Now if only UE would convert to the braided, anti-microphonic Westone cable... aren't they already using it on their customs?

As for the new super.fi 5 being single driver, I have to say that after hearing the spectacular Klipsch Image, not being multi-driver doesn't really worry me.

Jul 24, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #20 of 28
I'm interested in the 5Vi (pro if available and how they compare to the 5 pros). I lost my 5s and bought an iPhone 3g so it'd be a winning combination. A person above asked what they provided over the current 5s: As well as the new form factor there is the built in mic so calls can be taken, although bizarrely I don't think the speakers voice is routed through the phones, so you can't hear yourself talk with them in!
smily_headphones1.gif

I asked UE whether they have plans to provide a cable to allow 5pro and TF10 users to connect their phones to the iPhone without having to purchase the new range, but they don't at the moment.

I *did* find out that they are releasing both 5VIs *AND* 10VIs though.....

Jul 25, 2008 at 10:19 AM Post #21 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by JimBob1971 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm interested in the 5Vi (pro if available and how they compare to the 5 pros). I lost my 5s and bought an iPhone 3g so it'd be a winning combination. A person above asked what they provided over the current 5s: As well as the new form factor there is the built in mic so calls can be taken, although bizarrely I don't think the speakers voice is routed through the phones, so you can't hear yourself talk with them in!
smily_headphones1.gif

I asked UE whether they have plans to provide a cable to allow 5pro and TF10 users to connect their phones to the iPhone without having to purchase the new range, but they don't at the moment.

I *did* find out that they are releasing both 5VIs *AND* 10VIs though.....

Now that's interesting. Just to be clear, you are talking about the Triple.fi 10's with the addition of a microphone? I wonder if they will change the form factor with them as well. Makes me not want to purchase the super.fi 5 vi's if they are coming out with something like that.
cool.gif

Jul 28, 2008 at 2:52 AM Post #23 of 28
I just bought the Super.fi 4vi's to try them out. They're good, but don't fit as well as I'd like. I'm VERY interested in the Super.fi 5vi's, but they aren't out till October. Ah well.

Anyone know if these SF5Vi's look like they'll work with the Shure Olive plugs i hear so much about?

Jul 28, 2008 at 3:46 AM Post #24 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Could be the decisive factor on getting the new iPhone 3G
biggrin.gif

The iPhone 3g has a flush headphone jack, and will accomodate all types of headphones. Im currently using mine with a Shure E5c with no adapter, and it works (and sounds!) like a dream.

Jul 28, 2008 at 5:10 AM Post #25 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by mrdeadfolx /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The iPhone 3g has a flush headphone jack, and will accomodate all types of headphones. Im currently using mine with a Shure E5c with no adapter, and it works (and sounds!) like a dream.

Yes, but the SF5vi comes with a built in mic. like the SF4vi. If it sound good, there will be one less reason to carry an adapter around. I wonder if UE has a plan for releasing a replaceable vi cable for the rest of the SF/TF family?

Jul 28, 2008 at 9:20 AM Post #26 of 28
Very interesting. It's nice to see them use an unretarded design for their universals. I'm anxious to read about their sound.

Jul 29, 2008 at 4:33 AM Post #27 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wonder if UE has a plan for releasing a replaceable vi cable for the rest of the SF/TF family?

Well, no need to wonder anymore - SoundEarphones.com is selling the TF10vi now
wink.gif

Jul 31, 2008 at 3:49 AM Post #28 of 28
haven't visited head-fi in a while, but I just got an email from ue offering %15 off of these, had to do a little searching to find it :p.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back