UE to introduce new Super.fi 5?
Jul 7, 2008 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 28

kjk1281

1000+ Head-Fier
As I was reading through some random Japanese blogs, I stumbled upon this:

super.fi 5 - Products - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

It seems that UE has a new version of the SF5 in the works. Strangely, the specs seem to indicate that this is a single-armature design:

- Products - Ultimate Ears Earphones Headphones Personal Monitors

Also, the impedance and sensitvity seem to be the same as the single-armature SF3. It's also weird that they don't call it the SF5 pro, which may suggest that they will continue to produce the 5 pro. Interesting...

I apologize if this was already posted.

Jul 11, 2008 at 2:16 AM Post #3 of 28
Here is how it will look:
SUPERFi5.jpg

YOU can also see the internal rendering from its features page.

Jul 11, 2008 at 1:37 PM Post #4 of 28
Reminds me of a bit of the SA6, with its single armature. Probably won't sound anywhere as good though, I'm sure.

Jul 11, 2008 at 3:50 PM Post #6 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by robojack /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Reminds me of a bit of the SA6, with its single armature. Probably won't sound anywhere as good though, I'm sure.

Maybe yes, maybe no. Why would you say such a thing without having heard them? At any rate, hoping they'll be at the dc meet in a couple weeks.

Jul 11, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #7 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by boomana /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Maybe yes, maybe no. Why would you say such a thing without having heard them? At any rate, hoping they'll be at the dc meet in a couple weeks.

I'll be very interested to know your opinion if you get a chance to audition it (assuming you'll be going to the meet). I wonder how the unusual positioning of the balanced armature transducer will affect the sound (see the link in my previous post).

Jul 11, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #8 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be very interested to know your opinion if you get a chance to audition it (assuming you'll be going to the meet). I wonder how the unusual positioning of the balanced armature transducer will affect the sound (see the link in my previous post).

I'll be at the meet. I'm interested in the vi version ($189) made for the iphone. Not that I have an iphone, but.....
eek.gif
....could be a great toss in the purse rig at that price.

Jul 11, 2008 at 4:53 PM Post #9 of 28
Could be the decisive factor on getting the new iPhone 3G
biggrin.gif

Jul 12, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #13 of 28
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aevum /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...but it does seem that the new design team has been shown what a human ear looks like

Heh, that sums up my thoughts. Not that I'll be buying them, but I confess to being curious how they turn out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back