UE tf10 & Monster Turbine - Which should I keep for iphone 4 unamped?
Jan 16, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #16 of 38
Thanks so much for the valuable input again! 

I think I started to get the idea and will be inclined to tf10. To me, bass quality will be more important than quantity and that's why I choose LCD-2~~ 

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:12 AM Post #18 of 38
Glad you like the TF10. I had no fit issues either. You might reconsider selling the Turbines as they are a really decent on the go earphone. At the Amazon sale price or the Monster refurbished price they can be your "take them everywhere" phone.

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:21 AM Post #19 of 38
I recently got the TF10, and what improved fit for me is swapping reversing the drivers with the respective cables and wearing them over ear. Without swapping they'd fall out because they're not angled properly, but once swapped it's just like wearing them straight down except without microphonics from the dangling cord.

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:22 AM Post #20 of 38
I can't afford to keep the turbine........as my wife will kill me when she see that...

"You only have a pair of ears and why own so many headphones, earphones, speakers?", that's the million dollars question even she owned so many pair of shoes or bags...

Jan 17, 2011 at 10:46 AM Post #21 of 38

Quote:
I can't afford to keep the turbine........as my wife will kill me when she see that...

"You only have a pair of ears and why own so many headphones, earphones, speakers?", that's the million dollars question even she owned so many pair of shoes or bags...

LOL...sorry for you budget...err I mean wife 
tongue.gif

Jan 18, 2011 at 9:28 AM Post #23 of 38
I have given up arguing and you can't win for sure~~~that's the fact I understand after all these years and I know some of you will totally understand 
etysmile.gif

Moreover, she don't notice any sound difference at all no matter what setup I let her try....she keep on sticking to the apple iphone earphone for music listening and she thinks IEMs are disgusting to use

Jan 19, 2011 at 8:07 AM Post #24 of 38
I understand completely as I have been married for 30 years. My wife has grown to be more understanding of my hobby in the past few years. I must say though that I too acquired both the TF10 and the Turbine when you did. I really love the TF10 but I am a little reluctant to use them as my everyday carrying around IEM as they would be difficult to replace and they stick out so badly (I don't want to frighten young children!). The TF10 is far more revealing and instrument separation is superb. The Bass and treble are the best I have ever heard. That being said I enjoy the Turbine for the full mid-range and deep bass. They aren't very visibly when inserted and the cool little leather pouch is easy to carry around. I am keeping both but I may sell my Tours.

Jan 19, 2011 at 5:48 PM Post #26 of 38

Quote:
How can you make her understand? haha, I really want to know~~

Btw, I started to notice the problem of using tf10 on-the-go as it looks quite weird....

i doubt anyone notices earbuds/IEM's anymore since they have become so common, you probably get a lot less looks than you may think, just your brain playing tricks on you again. enjoy those phones!

Jan 20, 2011 at 8:54 AM Post #27 of 38
You are probably right Buffalowings. I saw a woman in her mid 30's walking through the grocery store the other day wearing a pair of Bose Triport Around ears.

Ty,
It probably starts with being married for 30 years. When rationalizing a headphone purchase I equate it to other hobbies I have given up that were far more costly (golf, sporting events, etc). I also remind her that she likes to spend money on things that I consider to be redundant.You could also pull out the ultimate trump card - I prefer to satisfy my craving for variety by occasionally purchasing a new set of headphones. There are other middle aged men who seek to fulfill that need elsewhere.

Jan 20, 2011 at 10:28 AM Post #28 of 38
I still don't dare to tell her how much I spent on these things as we are married for 2 years only (still "newly" married which she is still not accepting any valid reasons, haha)

Anyway, I just sold my monster turbine today and thanks so much for everyone who has given me advice in this post!

Jan 20, 2011 at 1:41 PM Post #30 of 38

Quote:
Quote:
How can you make her understand? haha, I really want to know~~

Btw, I started to notice the problem of using tf10 on-the-go as it looks quite weird....

i doubt anyone notices earbuds/IEM's anymore since they have become so common, you probably get a lot less looks than you may think, just your brain playing tricks on you again. enjoy those phones!

ahahha I actually am the other way around, so many people stare at me so much so that my workout partner was like "dude people are staring at your ears aye"  LOL honestly I couldn't care less and if they want to listen to iCrapbuds then be my guest hah.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back