UE/Logitech customer service
Apr 7, 2011 at 2:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Chris_Himself

Member of the Trade: HPL Audio Cables
So my Super.Fi 5 Pro's, the old ones pre-logitech died in my sleep when my fat head snapped the jack off of the shell and there was no solution in sight, so I gave them a call, they basically told me they can't fix it, send me a new pair regardless of if my warranty was valid or not (wasn't because they were old and I was running custom cables which is where the batch date is printed), but they treated me with respect and gave me a 50 percent off coupon where I bought the UE 600's.

I rarely need to resort to customer service with the things I buy, but man this just rubbed me the right way. I just needed to log in after my 2+ year hiatus to say that even though their earphones are behind in tech these days, their service certainly isn't!

This totally makes up for the fact that all their IEM's before shipped with that crappy cable that would break every 3-4 months on me or become loose. I was a permanent Westone fanboy just for that reason before I even found out they were actually better...

Feel free to chime in with any similar stories guys!

Apr 7, 2011 at 5:25 AM Post #2 of 9
Personally, I think they could have offer the 50% off for UE700R (which is a dual driver like SF5 Pro) instead of UE600 (which is a single driver). Then again, if your SF5 Pro is already out-of-warranty, either way is a good deal.

Apr 7, 2011 at 5:53 AM Post #3 of 9
Oh no they gave me 50 percent off anything in the logitech store, I could have gotten the 700's if I had 25 more bucks but I had to sell my custom cable just to pay for it and all I wanted for it was 50...

If somebody wants to donate monies I could cancel my order and upgrade... :D

Apr 11, 2011 at 6:44 PM Post #6 of 9
Guys, I woke up this morning and I still have the money in my paypal account. That means that after I sent them a thank you email they refunded my money!!!

Oh man Ultimate Ears is my go-to brand for life now... I just wish the cables were still replaceable on their new models

Apr 11, 2011 at 10:41 PM Post #8 of 9
Either Neotech or Mundorf cable to a Neutrik plug. I'm selling them for 50 bucks in the trade section, I have a few laying around from my UE/Westone's over the years. I converted from Amp/Cans to IEM's a long time ago because I was just tired of dealing with like 2lbs of gear just to listen to music the way I liked.

Kind of sad I won't be able to recable the 5's I'm getting now, I'll probably sell them to fund a UM1 purchase later

PM me if you want more info on the cables.

Apr 15, 2011 at 1:56 AM Post #9 of 9
Ok their customer service is one thing, quality control is poop.

My UE 600's came in DOA, right ear doesn't work... tried on 3 different sources. Hurray for me!

I'm going to crap bricks if they make me pay money to ship this back...

Free comply's though I guess.. -__-

Users who are viewing this thread

Back